Count your heart rate for 15 seconds then multiply by 4 Watch

ReputationRep:
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I got 61 and i'm pretty fat and unfit, given the heart history of my family it's extremely surprising.

(Original post by yellowcopter)
    I barley even leave the house so I haven't got a clue how that's possible, but yay.
    There are lots of factors that affect heart rate, so it's not necessarily indicative of overall CV health. 'fitness' isn't the only thing affecting it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    There are lots of factors that affect heart rate, so it's not necessarily indicative of overall CV health. 'fitness' isn't the only thing affecting it.
    True though i'm fairly healthy and i was really fit until a few years ago.

Possibly a stupid point but i wonder if me being such a low stress/laid back person could help my heart health.

ReputationRep:
    65 odd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I'm quite a stressed person and not laid back at all, I worry about everything, I don't know where this is coming from because my eating life style is rubbish too, well it's ok but not that great.

Oh well I'm very thankful to have a healthy heart beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I got 61 and i'm pretty fat and unfit, given the heart history of my family it's extremely surprising.
    Blood pressure is a much better indicator for cardiovascular problems than heart rate
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Blood pressure is a much better indicator for cardiovascular problems than heart rate
    130/80 at last check, on the high side but pretty normal.

ReputationRep:
    72bpm...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.