The Student Room Group

How many hours are you revising each day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Bloxorus
6 hours a day for me. I have 10 exams.

Exactly the same for me.
3/4 hours a day approx.

47 days until my first exam.

4 exams.

LET'S GO :daydreaming:
Original post by Jatz07
I'm doing GCSE's :work: How many hours do you think I should do? I'm planning to do 13 hrs each day - I have 13 exams by the way. Thanks in advance. Jatz

That's rather a lot.

I had 18 exams last year and came out with 4A*3A 3B. By no means brilliant but by no means bad either. I did about 2 hours a day about 1.5 months before my exams and I didn't work throughout the year. I was a slacker :lol:. I got something like 5Cs and 5Bs in my mock exams. Anyway, that's just to give you an idea of the revision you will need. Not 13 hours anyway.
Original post by Reindeer o't Roc
3/4 hours a day approx.

47 days until my first exam.

4 exams.

LET'S GO :daydreaming:

I have 8 exams and I am doing 3/4 hours, stop making me feel guilty :lol:
Original post by justmaddiehere
I have AS 5 exams (including my French oral on April 22nd D: )

I did write a timetable for this week but I'm struggling to remember what revision techniques I used in GCSE last year.

Does anyone have a preferred method?

Im doing French, History and English Literature by the way.

Snap on French and English literature but I'm A2. Both exams on OCR. Eng lit is closed text for me which is the challenge. I've made a list of about 20 short adaptable quotes for the 3 texts examined and then going to do 3 critics for each text. Then chant them and write them out till they're stuck. In the exam I write down the 4 AO's I'm tested on and tick each time I think I've used one. Knowing which ones have higher weighting will mean you'll know if you've done what you need to on the day. French is very difficult. Learn your topic but NOT word for word and DON'T recite be able to adapt it if needed. Know what you want to say and be prepared to say it under a different question than planned this will make you sound more fluent and stop any awkward pauses that cost you marks in your speaking. Don't panic as hard as it is if you don't know what's been asked just apologise and say you don't understand - you won't lose marks as long as your answer is relevant and the examiner can rephrase the suggested question to help you! The written paper two things Vocab and grammar. Languages online is great for grammar you can do exercises which include all the tenses so you have to judge which is appropriate just like when you are doing your writing. Listen to the French news online (TV5). If your college has authentik papers ask for them these are real life radio broadcasts interviews and articles that weren't posed for exams they come with questions and they are far more difficult than the real exam. If you can do them you shouldn't have a problem on the day. She says remembering the D I got first one round - oooops lol. Don't pressurise yourself you'll blank especially with languages. Do some practice essays times for English and get them marked its amazing the difference it'll make. If you're like me you can get the equivalent I an A* given a fortnight to write a normal essay as soon as you don't have the Internet the texts and only 1hr - it's a different story. Practice practice practice!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Six to ten - though, sadly, always closer to six this Easter. I'll have to raise my workrate when I return to university next week.
I have 8 A level exams and I'm doing about 2 hours a day :|.... ermmm I should get off TSR and do some work xD

I easily get distracted though, any tips? ):
Wow, lots of people are doing so many, oops.
To be honest, I'm not sure how many hours I should be doing if I have 16 exams, the first being in 5 weeks... I mean, don't get me wrong, I am revising, but not nearly as long as some people:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eggfriedrice
I have 8 A level exams and I'm doing about 2 hours a day :|.... ermmm I should get off TSR and do some work xD

I easily get distracted though, any tips? ):

Put some head phones on and some decent music and just get smashed into some pastpapers and you'll be looking at AAAA come results time
Original post by upthegunners
I have 8 exams and I am doing 3/4 hours, stop making me feel guilty :lol:

oh gawd

And I still think I'm not doing enough lool

As long as you get everything sorted before the exam, it doesn't matter how long you take to revise.
For those doing resits, how are you approaching revision, considering you had already done the course prior?

I have a C2 resit, and I'm thinking I should be fine just doing past papers etc.

Any advice?
It really depends.
During the weekend I can spend even 12 hours (from 8am til 11pm with a few breaks plus 1 hour for jogging) revising.
Suppose that during the week it is about 7 hours per day but I have to still study for my normal tests, it leaves me roughly 4 hours for revising.
I have 5 exams (Czech,Japanese,English, Social science and Geography)
For those doing resits, how are you approaching revision, considering you had already done the course prior?

I have a C2 resit, and I'm thinking I should be fine just doing past papers etc.

Any advice?

Well I'm resitting B2, C2 and P2 GCSE'S because I had B's and wasn't happy, and I bought a new revision guide. I'm doing WJEC, and prior to the exams in January, I revised from that. Obviously though, I did something wrong, so I'm now using a CGP additional science book, (in 'addition' :wink: to the WJEC one). I'm also going to be doing more past papers:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any advice?

Past papers is the way to go. You don't have time to go through the books, says my teachers and tutor. XD yeah do ALL PP under test conditions and mark to check where you're doing marks.
Reply 194
Just a couple of hours a day over the holidays. I find it too hard to concentrate at home.
Will do 8+ when back at college though
it's quality of revision over quantity of revision. a small set of notes which you understand perfectly and can manipulate to apply to different questions is far better than 3 or 4 pages of equations and random sentences that you will be able to half-regurgitate in the exam.
Reply 196
I aim for around 5-6 hours, but break it up so I have an equal distribution of both study and entertainment.
This is what i do.

I get all my textbooks and divide the number of pages according to how many days i want to revise for.

Currently i'm revising for 20 days and the remaining days will be spent learning the correct exam technique.

I then spend the day procrastinating until it gets to around 9 pm, this is when i pat myself on the back for all the hard work I've done and assign my work load to tomorrow. The next day is never any different. Yeah i'm a failure
Reply 198
I do 3/4. I aim to do 20 hours per week.
Reply 199
Trying 4-5, I have 8 exams, although 1 being general studies :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending