x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Jan 11 highest grades

ReputationRep:
    Who is ready for tomorrow?

Last exam until... FREEEDOMMM

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I always get confused on those vector questions where it's like "OP is perpendicular to AB, find the position vector of P" (when they give you the vector equation of AB and not OP.

I hate vectors so I hope a nice vector question comes up tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So i need to get a high C in both Stats 2 and Core 4 for an A overall.... Does anyone know roughly what I will need in terms of marks ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    Who is ready for tomorrow?

Last exam until... FREEEDOMMM

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Still got three more after tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hello_ImJess)
    I always get confused on those vector questions where it's like "OP is perpendicular to AB, find the position vector of P" (when they give you the vector equation of AB and not OP.

I hate vectors so I hope a nice vector question comes up tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    same cant do vectors or parametrics
    i dont think there'll be any hard vector questions, at most it will be show parallel/skew as jan 13 had 2 vector questions, one of which was quite tricky and worth a fair few marks

ReputationRep:
    Last exam! Until Year 13 I calculated I need around 10% in this exam to get an A Unfortunately I don't think I will quite 90% for the A*, but I can hope!

EDIT: What's with all the negative rep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatepeople37)
    So i need to get a high C in both Stats 2 and Core 4 for an A overall.... Does anyone know roughly what I will need in terms of marks ???
    Won't know until we do the papers... Depends on how difficult they are as to what the grade boundaries are like x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiekutie)
    Won't know until we do the papers... Depends on how difficult they are as to what the grade boundaries are like x
    Alright cheers, I'm aiming for a high B/Low A in core 4... so that if I mess up Stats I still have a chance of getting an A overall... what do you need?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I need urgent help! I was doing the June 2008 C4 Paper, and I couldn't do question 4ii) I had to find the position vector of a point 'P', when the O(being the origin)P was perpendicular to a line AB which I have the equation. P also lay on the line AB.
    Sorry I really haven't explained that well, but does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Alright cheers, I'm aiming for a high B/Low A in core 4... so that if I mess up Stats I still have a chance of getting an A overall... what do you need?
    I'm in yr 12 so don't have any uni places riding on any particular grades yet (and I can always resit next year)... But ideally I'd like an A* so that I can forget about it and concentrate on my other subjects next year...
    I already have 90% average on C1+C2+S1 and am fairly confident that my M1 went well... C3 went okay-ish (fingers crossed) but I really need to do great in C4 to secure an A* :s
    Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in yr 12 so don't have any uni places riding on any particular grades yet (and I can always resit next year)... But ideally I'd like an A* so that I can forget about it and concentrate on my other subjects next year...
    I already have 90% average on C1+C2+S1 and am fairly confident that my M1 went well... C3 went okay-ish (fingers crossed) but I really need to do great in C4 to secure an A* :s
    Good luck! Fingers crossed for you
    Thanks and to you too... so your doing A-level maths all in one year ?? Are you doing further maths in year 13??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilchrist_Compass)
    Hey guys, I need urgent help! I was doing the June 2008 C4 Paper, and I couldn't do question 4ii) I had to find the position vector of a point 'P', when the O(being the origin)P was perpendicular to a line AB which I have the equation. P also lay on the line AB.
    Sorry I really haven't explained that well, but does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    Try typing in the question number and year of the paper into youtube..... there are often solution videos which are very helpful.... Can't promise you'll find a video but worth giving it a shot

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and to you too... so your doing A-level maths all in one year ?? Are you doing further maths in year 13??
    Yep I enjoy it but It's a lotta work
    To be honest though if I knew that the exams were gonna change like this I wouldn't have done it! With no January exams I have to sit all 6 units in June next year..... :'(

ReputationRep:
    To be honest though if I knew that the exams were gonna change like this I wouldn't have done it! With no January exams I have to sit all 6 units in June next year..... :'(
    ahahaha... six maths units in one summer.... that is so bleak especially when 3 of them are FP1 FP2 and FP3... anyway I am off to go do some more revision... have a great life with all that maths

ReputationRep:
    Try typing in the question number and year of the paper into youtube..... there are often solution videos which are very helpful.... Can't promise you'll find a video but worth giving it a shot
    Thank you so much! There was a video i'd never thought of looking on youtube before, but its great!
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    That's what I have this year, as my school didn't enter us for any January exams, although it seems my school and yours do things differently - I did AS maths and AS further last year, and this year I am doing the A2 modules.
    Of my 6 maths exams, C3, FP2 and FP3 down, C4, M2 and S2 still to come.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilchrist_Compass)
    Thank you so much! There was a video i'd never thought of looking on youtube before, but its great!
    Cheers
    ahahah glad I could help... and yeah youtube can be so helpful

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha... six maths units in one summer.... that is so bleak especially when 3 of them are FP1 FP2 and FP3... anyway I am off to go do some more revision... have a great life with all that maths
    Aha yep it's gonna be awesome! :zomg:. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    That's what I have this year, as my school didn't enter us for any January exams, although it seems my school and yours do things differently - I did AS maths and AS further last year, and this year I am doing the A2 modules.
    Of my 6 maths exams, C3, FP2 and FP3 down, C4, M2 and S2 still to come.
    Oooooh I'm looking forward to that! What's it like? Is it hell?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.