Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Does anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42983702

Unofficial MS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SherlockHolmes)
    Does anyone have any predictions on grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it is usually mid 70s for an A

EDIT: These are what the usually are: 70/100 for an A, low 60s for a B, around 55 for a C

ReputationRep:
    I think section A was pretty nice, section C was as expected and B was fairly tough.
    by far my hardest question was sec c 12, calculating that g was 2.8? I think I've fudged that one ><
    also, sec B question 7) b. how did you get the g value of 140? I got 116 and that seems too low to be an 'almost'
    Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Argh! Was a nice paper, but just realised that I put the sensitivities of A and B in the wrong order!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffylovey)
    I think section A was pretty nice, section C was as expected and B was fairly tough.
    by far my hardest question was sec c 12, calculating that g was 2.8? I think I've fudged that one ><
    also, sec B question 7) b. how did you get the g value of 140? I got 116 and that seems too low to be an 'almost'
    Any ideas?
    Can you remind me what question 7 was again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorx)
    what did people draw for the velocity/time graph
    I think it was an S shape graph (increasing gradient moving into a reducing gradient). At the point when the force was at its greatest the v/t gradient is at its steepest. The gradient then reduces to zero by the time it gets to the point when there is no force on the ball. After the ball has left the foot I put a slight deceleration. Not absolutely sure that this is right?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at the mark scheme thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42983847

The value in the question was weight and you needed to divide by g to get the mass and work from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mabes)
    Have a look at the mark scheme thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post42983847

The value in the question was weight and you needed to divide by g to get the mass and work from there
    Think I did that? Maybe I was a bit mean reading off the graph :s

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam was alright.

I didn't revise, so I'll probably get a B.

Didn't even read the advanced notice before the exam :lol:

Should be interesting.

I also forgot to plot 1 of the 3 points we were meant to plot on the graph, just noticed it as the invigilator was collecting the papers.

ReputationRep:
    what value did people get for the gradient after drawing the line of best fit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    I thought the exam was alright.

I didn't revise, so I'll probably get a B.

Didn't even read the advanced notice before the exam :lol:

Should be interesting.

I also forgot to plot 1 of the 3 points we were meant to plot on the graph, just noticed it as the invigilator was collecting the papers.
    What's the advanced notice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m00c0w)
    What's the advanced notice?
    that insert we got in the exam

you could view it before hand and prep for section C using it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    that insert we got in the exam

you could view it before hand and prep for section C using it
    Oh right! The pre-release article. I didn't actually need it in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juniorx)
    what did people draw for the velocity/time graph
    I drew like a curvy sigmoid shape until 0.05s and then just let the speed stay constant at 35ms^-1? Did I do it wrong?

ReputationRep:
    HELP! I plotted a point slightly off, and my gradient was wrong; Will I get ECF for the questions after that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by axi0m)
    what value did people get for the gradient after drawing the line of best fit?
    I got 2.7. It's right because using that value, gave me g of 9.89 which is pretty accurate. But there will be range. I'm guessing 2 to 3?

ReputationRep:
    For the last question in Section C, did you guys get 2.94 x 10^8 and uncertainty 0.3 x 10^8. Uncertainty has to be 1 sf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VigneshSB)
    HELP! I plotted a point slightly off, and my gradient was wrong; Will I get ECF for the questions after that?
    What was your gradient. Mine was 2.7 which is in the right range. The right answer will probably be allowed anything from 2 to 3.

ReputationRep:
    This is the most dry thread ever. Just goes to show how much we're unlucky to be doing this ridiculous physics board.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.