Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Exactly, no idea what trend or anything they were looking for... most annoying one was the pie chart question asking to show calculations... what calculations -.-... anyway I'm sure lots of people misunderstood questions and got them wrong so yeah, 40% for an A* please?
    I didn't put any calculations hehe mainly because I had to do that whole question in 3 minutes, I just wrote some irrelevant **** about heart attacks ( A* here I come ) that bull dog question was also so annoying , why was there like 1 question on actual biology ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahiscool)
    I didn't put any calculations hehe mainly because I had to do that whole question in 3 minutes, I just wrote some irrelevant **** about heart attacks ( A* here I come ) that bull dog question was also so annoying , why was there like 1 question on actual biology ?
    Which question was that?

and yeah the bull dog one was really hard to find arguments against a ban :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Which question was that?

and yeah the bull dog one was really hard to find arguments against a ban :mad:
    the one with the pie charts ... now that I think about it I think I completely misinterpreted that question opps well there goes 6 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    HOW did you lot get full marks on modules 1 - 3?

HOW DID YOU REVISE!! AND HOW ARE YOU REVISING FOR MODULES 4 - 6?

I need 128/160 for A in Bio
    I need 120/160 for A in Physics and Chemistry

Anyone with full marks tell me how you revised please as I need these A's otherwise my GCSE results will look ****.
    the secret is to revise!!

nah but i used the CGP books and literally remembered every line (pragmatically) !

i ended up with 140,140,137... in bio,chem,physics respectivley

ryan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    the secret is to revise!!

nah but i used the CGP books and literally remembered every line (pragmatically) !

i ended up with 140,140,137... in bio,chem,physics respectivley

ryan
    How early did you start? And have you started for B4, B5, B6 yet?

ReputationRep:
    How early did you start? And have you started for B4, B5, B6 yet?
    i knew my school wouldnt finish all the modules... so i self taught the majority...

this year i revised my ass off... i had finished going through all the sciences by january ... that was the only thing i was concentrating on
    now i have been revising for other subjects
    its been nearly 2 months since ive gone back to the sciences... so i need a good recap in the holidays

ryan

ReputationRep:
    i knew my school wouldnt finish all the modules... so i self taught the majority...

this year i revised my ass off... i had finished going through all the sciences by january ... that was the only thing i was concentrating on
    now i have been revising for other subjects
    its been nearly 2 months since ive gone back to the sciences... so i need a good recap in the holidays

ryan
    Inspiration.

Biology Exams on the 10th of June, not long away. You still revising from the CGP books? I just have a feeling I'm not going to get 128/160 and be stuck with a B overall because my teacher can't mark coursework for ****.

ReputationRep:
    Inspiration.

Biology Exams on the 10th of June, not long away. You still revising from the CGP books? I just have a feeling I'm not going to get 128/160 and be stuck with a B overall because my teacher can't mark coursework for ****.
    128.. its fairly low that is only a A...i think you will needonly 60/85 raw arks for that..so thats like 100% on the 1st 2 questions and part D... you could miss out all of Section C (although i dont recommend)

what did you get in your C/A

ReputationRep:
    128.. its fairly low that is only a A...i think you will needonly 60/85 raw arks for that..so thats like 100% on the 1st 2 questions and part D... you could miss out all of Section C (although i dont recommend)

what did you get in your C/A
    Fairly low for you but to me it's a big thing for me I can do it but it's the fact I have other exams I need to focus on.

Biology : 34/48
    Chemistry : 40/48
    Physics : 37/48

How many questions are there in total and how many marks is Section D?

ReputationRep:
    Fairly low for you but to me it's a big thing for me I can do it but it's the fact I have other exams I need to focus on.

Biology : 34/48
    Chemistry : 40/48
    Physics : 37/48

How many questions are there in total and how many marks is Section D?
    I think section d is 10 marks whilst the other 3 sections constitute 75 marks in total

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    I think section d is 10 marks whilst the other 3 sections constitute 75 marks in total

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I heard from my teacher that B6,C6,P6 Section will be the section with the least amount of questions in comparison to the other 2 sections?

ReputationRep:
    I heard from my teacher that B6,C6,P6 Section will be the section with the least amount of questions in comparison to the other 2 sections?
    Hmm...Not sure about that and I don't think are any past papers so we can check

ReputationRep:
    I've found some cool science music videos which can be used for inspiration: Enjoy

Physics:
    Big Beginning- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HBkZPyfpdE
    Quantum World- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU

Chemistry:
    Atomic Bonding Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljvX-RMv_lw
    Our Biggest Challenge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHP9Rh-ooh0

Biology:
    Evolution- Greatest Show on Earth- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDOpAM2FrQ
    Our Story in 1 Minute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSt9tm3RoUU

ReputationRep:
    Gonna revise all this in the holidays need around 150 in Biology and 155+ in Physics and Chemistry. Talk about the pressure being on but I love exams.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Can someone please help me and tell me how many marks i need on each exam to get A/A*?

At the moment my CAs are:
    bio 37/48
    chem 42/48
    phy 42/48

My 123 results are (ums):
    bio 124
    chem 126
    phy 117

Thanks! I'm really worried I won't get my A/A* which I really need
    Also, if someone could pass me on a link to the specimen papers for 456, it would be very much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    Hi,
    Can someone please help me and tell me how many marks i need on each exam to get A/A*?

At the moment my CAs are:
    bio 37/48
    chem 42/48
    phy 42/48

My 123 results are (ums):
    bio 124
    chem 126
    phy 117

Thanks! I'm really worried I won't get my A/A* which I really need
    Also, if someone could pass me on a link to the specimen papers for 456, it would be very much appreciated
    Well for an A*, you need 360/400 UMS points. I'm not sure how many UMS marks your controlled assessment marks are but I think biology is 80 UMS (an A) whilst physics and chemistry are 90 UMS (A*).

For biology, you need 156/160 UMS for an A*. For chemistry, you need 144/160 UMS marks and for physics, you would need 153/160 UMS marks for an A*. To find out how many UMS you need for an A, subtract 40 from the marks I've given you. However I would wait until someone can confirm what I've said is accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well for an A*, you need 360/400 UMS points. I'm not sure how many UMS marks your controlled assessment marks are but I think biology is 80 UMS (an A) whilst physics and chemistry are 90 UMS (A*).

For biology, you need 156/160 UMS for an A*. For chemistry, you need 144/160 UMS marks and for physics, you would need 153/160 UMS marks for an A*. To find out how many UMS you need for an A, subtract 40 from the marks I've given you. However I would wait until someone can confirm what I've said is accurate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Just checking how many marks is that? I think I might have to aim for As haha :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    Thank you! Just checking how many marks is that? I think I might have to aim for As haha :P
    Unfortunately, since no one has sat the modules 4/5/6 exams before, it's hard to tell.

However, for chemistry, you would need to touch the grade boundary for an A* and for physics/ biology you need very high A*s. For chemistry, you need a mark which was a mid/high C for an A overall. For physics, you need to hit the grade boundary for a B for an A overall and for biology, you need to have a mid-B for an A overall. That is, if my maths is correct (I've calculated this using UMS boundaries) but I would try and aim higher

EDIT: I've attached the specimen papers you requested (for biology, chemistry, physics)- apologies for the poor naming of the files
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf SAM.pdf (875.7 KB, 125 views)
  2. File Type: pdf SAM.pdf (898.3 KB, 100 views)
  3. File Type: pdf SAM.pdf (831.6 KB, 117 views)

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, since no one has sat the modules 4/5/6 exams before, it's hard to tell.

However, for chemistry, you would need to touch the grade boundary for an A* and for physics/ biology you need very high A*s. For chemistry, you need a mark which was a mid/high C for an A overall. For physics, you need to hit the grade boundary for a B for an A overall and for biology, you need to have a mid-B for an A overall. That is, if my maths is correct (I've calculated this using UMS boundaries) but I would try and aim higher

EDIT: I've attached the specimen papers you requested (for biology, chemistry, physics)- apologies for the poor naming of the files

hehe, ok thank you! i'm just going to aim for A*s all around, then see what happens! :P thanks also for the specimen papers- you're a lifesaver how's your revision going?? what grades are you hoping for? also, how many exams do you have left?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Gonna revise all this in the holidays need around 150 in Biology and 155+ in Physics and Chemistry. Talk about the pressure being on but I love exams.
    How will you be revising?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.