Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You know why I'm going to fail M3, examsolutions man doesnt do videos for M3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JenniS)
    You've got your teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You've got your teachers?
    Study leaves means they're not there every second I get stuck, which is often

ReputationRep:
    Study leaves means they're not there every second I get stuck, which is often
    There's always good old friendly TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew mc I)
    that would ne a nightmare. yea i think ill look over the trif identities chapter in a c3 on wednesday to just get me and idea how to use them if the come up. hopefully they dont and its a very basic straight forward paper
    You should be alright! Just keep positive Even if the paper is awful, grade boundaries will reflect that!

ReputationRep:
    There's always good old friendly TSR
    Have you done the january 2011 M2 paper?

ReputationRep:
    Have you done the january 2011 M2 paper?
    I have

ReputationRep:
    I have
    on the last question, how can you be sure to assume the direction of Q is reversed by the collision? (part b)

wait forget that, how do you get the speed of separation as v+w because I did v-w

ReputationRep:
    on the last question, how can you be sure to assume the direction of Q is reversed by the collision? (part b)
    Well you know the speed of P after it's hit the hall and you know what speed Q is moving towards it, you know the coefficient of restitution between the particles so you can work out the speed of P after the second collision and find out whether it's reversed or not.

wait forget that, how do you get the speed of separation as v+w because I did v-w
    it depends on what way you took as your positive direction and which direction you assume the particles move in after the collision.

ReputationRep:
    Well you know the speed of P after it's hit the hall and you know what speed Q is moving towards it, you know the coefficient of restitution between the particles so you can work out the speed of P after the second collision and find out whether it's reversed or not.

it depends on what way you took as your positive direction and which direction you assume the particles move in after the collision.
    I thought if particles were moving away from each other you minus the faster from the slower?

ReputationRep:
    I thought if particles were moving away from each other you minus the faster from the slower?
    It they were moving away, like in opposite directions then you + them

v - - w = v + w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    You should be alright! Just keep positive Even if the paper is awful, grade boundaries will reflect that!
    yea general views are that jan 10 was the hardest m2 paper yet and i got basically full marks so im very happy at the minute. did you do s2?

ReputationRep:
    who has a feeling that edexcel are goning to give us one of those fat collions question like jan 09 and june 10
    guess what i do
    and i know they will give it even if it in the original paper i just have the ****iing feelling

ReputationRep:
    Are there any of those 1 marker questions in M2 where you have to explain how you've used the given information? Like in M1 with then smooth pulleys and such?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoldenRatio)
    who has a feeling that edexcel are goning to give us one of those fat collions question like jan 09 and june 10
    guess what i do
    and i know they will give it even if it in the original paper i just have the ****iing feelling
    Those collisions questions weren't bad

ReputationRep:
    Those collisions questions weren't bad

dont be a d!ck :p:E

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGoldenRatio)
    dont be a d!ck :p:E
    you in year 12?

ReputationRep:
    do u wanna work together then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthew mc I)
    yea general views are that jan 10 was the hardest m2 paper yet and i got basically full marks so im very happy at the minute. did you do s2?
    Nice, well done! I did S2 in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaphod77)
    Nice, well done! I did S2 in January
    how did you do . i did it their on the 24th may was very happy with it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.