The Student Room Group

Were your parents married when you were born? - Research..please respond!

Scroll to see replies

Unmarried and Split
married and still together :smile:
Reply 182
married, still together
I Couldn't give 2 coconuts. Whether I was conceived in Paris, or a Skip in Barnsley. They've had their time, now it's mine.
Married and still together.

There certainly seems to be a trend, though it could be some sort of confounding factor though. Like people being married before getting pregnant might be more religious or value marriage more, hence divorce is less easy.
Reply 185
Unmarried and still together :smile:
Reply 186
Married and not together =/
unmarried and split
Reply 188
Married and still together
Reply 189
Unmarried and split . . . which makes me the bastard son of a thousand maniacs.
Married and still together, because they're still madly in love :rolleyes:.. pfft, yeah right.
Reply 191
Yep, they were married
Reply 192
Original post by StupidGirl1
I have a theory that people such as my grandparents (who were married in 1964 and had my dad in 1965) that are married before having their first child are more likely to stay together forever, whereas people like my mum had her first child unmarried to my sisters dad, then split with him and had me to my dad again unmarried and also had my brother to my dad unmarried and again split with him.

Looking at most peoples parents I know if they were married before they had their first child they are still together to this day and vice versa.
I think this is due to the bond of marriage, when you get married you make a commitment to be with someone through anything meaning you LOVE them enough to make the vows whereas when you have children unmarried you merely have the commitment of a child and perhaps not love.

I am not intending to offend anyone so apologies if I have It is just a theory I am planning on writing about.

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split

Original post by StupidGirl1

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split

Bear in mind that I come from an Asian family, and having kids out of wedlock, is *almost* non existent and divorce is less prevalent for some reason as well. I guess Asian families are like your grandad's family ie: more traditional

Original post by Amanbabbar./
Married and still together, because they're still madly in love :rolleyes:.. pfft, yeah right.

They're Asian though :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by de_monies

They're Asian though :tongue:

Exactly, the only thing that glues them together.
My mumma and pappa have too much love for eachother.
Reply 195
Unmarried and still together.
The problem with surveys like this is that people who have the good 'choice' are eager to vote and let people know, while those with the bad one will probably avoid this thread.

Married and still together.
Reply 197
Unmarried, split

However my Mum has said she has often looked back and wondered whether things would have been different had they married... she decided no :P
(edited 10 years ago)
married & together.
Reply 199
Married and still together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest