Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So... Who's getting relegated then? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninuzu)
    You reckon the teams on 40 points are safe? For example, Villa have Chelsea and Wigan. Hard to see them getting a result against Chelsea and if Wigan win their game in hand, as well as another, then it could hang on the final day game.
    by my un-educated predictions yes.. I think the religated team will end up on 39pts (or 2 teams, and then goal difference)

ReputationRep:
    Got so much abuse on this thread for saying Villa will stay up around 10 days ago. And here we are.

ReputationRep:
    Late goal for Tottenham has made things a bit more interesting. Villa 13th now, above Southampton!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I didn't realise how close Norwich were to the relegation places :shock: They don't want to be going to City needing a result.

ReputationRep:
    Holy **** Villa have done well over the last couple of weeks. Credit to their players, they will become much stronger after this.

I want Wigan to stay up and they can do it. They have Swansea and Aston Villa at home. Swansea have been absolute ****e as they have no incentive to win and AV may be safe on the final day which again is good for Wigan. As long as they don't **** up, they should stay up. They do have a few injury concerns though.

Between Sunderland and Newcastle IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I felt Wigan would go down as their survival stories might have ran out but a big win today and their games are winnable. It'd be amazing if they pulled it off again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Holy **** Villa have done well over the last couple of weeks. Credit to their players, they will become much stronger after this.

I want Wigan to stay up and they can do it. They have Swansea and Aston Villa at home. Swansea have been absolute ****e as they have no incentive to win and AV may be safe on the final day which again is good for Wigan. As long as they don't **** up, they should stay up. They do have a few injury concerns though.

Between Sunderland and Newcastle IMO.
    And I think either of those two (Sunderland or Newcastle) would struggle to bounce straight back up if they were to go down. Imagine the players they would lose! Johnson, Mignolet, Sessegnon would all leave Sunderland. As for Newcastle, Ben Arfa will go, Cisse will go etc.

ReputationRep:
    I hope wigan can break free from the relegation one. They have 2 easyish fixtures though and with abit of luck they can replace sunderland or newcastle. Norwich aren't safe though.

ReputationRep:
    As a Newcastle Fan I'm trying my best to remain optimistic Surely Wigan's luck is going to run out this season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeepStar)
    As a Newcastle Fan I'm trying my best to remain optimistic Surely Wigan's luck is going to run out this season...
    When Alan Pardieu bought all those French players in January, you were playing so well! What's happened? You guys are really in it now.

ReputationRep:
    And I think either of those two (Sunderland or Newcastle) would struggle to bounce straight back up if they were to go down. Imagine the players they would lose! Johnson, Mignolet, Sessegnon would all leave Sunderland. As for Newcastle, Ben Arfa will go, Cisse will go etc.
    Newcastle will go straight back up again mate. Even when they lose those players they have a good team. They'd keep players like haidara, taylor, santon, marveaux, bigamirama, obertan(he'd probably rip up the championship heck even cole was banging goals), and more, obvs cabaye and that will leave though. I think krul will be loyal to them too. Sunderland however will be in the ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I felt Wigan would go down as their survival stories might have ran out but a big win today and their games are winnable. It'd be amazing if they pulled it off again.
    I'm just happy villa aren't in it anymore. Wigan will get another team that's too good to go down to go down this year. Hopefully sunderland :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    When Alan Pardieu bought all those French players in January, you were playing so well! What's happened? You guys are really in it now.
    I think losing the Sunderland and Liverpool game in the manner we did, has meant all confidence has been lost within the team which was already like gold dust. Don't even get me started on our away performances!

Second, all the new signings are good players - there is no arguing against that; but I do think we lack Premiership experience and that is what is costing us.

Beyond that, we had all the luck in the world last season but this season, we have had literally none - so many goals scored but given offside, so many injuries, bad press etc.

Wigan doing what they do best has really dragged several teams in to it. I hope they are out of good fortune this season (sorry Wigan fans)! I just don't think I could cope with another relegation...

ReputationRep:
    I think losing the Sunderland and Liverpool game in the manner we did, has meant all confidence has been lost within the team which was already like gold dust. Don't even get me started on our away performances!

Second, all the new signings are good players - there is no arguing against that; but I do think we lack Premiership experience and that is what is costing us.

Beyond that, we had all the luck in the world last season but this season, we have had literally none - so many goals scored but given offside, so many injuries, bad press etc.

Wigan doing what they do best has really dragged several teams in to it. I hope they are out of good fortune this season (sorry Wigan fans)! I just don't think I could cope with another relegation...
    Really rate Sissoko - think he's an absolutely fantastic player. What did he cost? Like £2m? Looking at how he's played, I'd put him in the £10-15m bracket.
    I've been hearing stories about a lack of harmony between the players - falling outs etc due to too many new players. However, when they got that winner a few weeks back, it the passion that they showed didn't look like a team with problems inside the dressing room.

ReputationRep:
    Really rate Sissoko - think he's an absolutely fantastic player. What did he cost? Like £2m? Looking at how he's played, I'd put him in the £10-15m bracket.
    I've been hearing stories about a lack of harmony between the players - falling outs etc due to too many new players. However, when they got that winner a few weeks back, it the passion that they showed didn't look like a team with problems inside the dressing room.
    I really think Sissoko is a great player; his work rate is just great. I don't think an official fee was ever disclosed but its believed to be £1.8m.

The stories about lack of harmony are all bull****. If you see the team train, the time they spend together outside of football - meals, nights out, day trips etc then it would be clear that this is just bad press. When the team was playing well, winning games and getting points, the stories were all about the great scouting staff we have. We lose a few games and given our position in the league, its standard that the blame falls on recent changes within the team; no matter how unfounded those claims might be.

But that is football. You win some, you lose some. I don't think one factor can be named for our form this season - it is a mixture of many variables. Right now, the focus is just securing a safe end to the season.

ReputationRep:
    I really think Sissoko is a great player; his work rate is just great. I don't think an official fee was ever disclosed but its believed to be £1.8m.

The stories about lack of harmony are all bull****. If you see the team train, the time they spend together outside of football - meals, nights out, day trips etc then it would be clear that this is just bad press. When the team was playing well, winning games and getting points, the stories were all about the great scouting staff we have. We lose a few games and given our position in the league, its standard that the blame falls on recent changes within the team; no matter how unfounded those claims might be.

But that is football. You win some, you lose some. I don't think one factor can be named for our form this season - it is a mixture of many variables. Right now, the focus is just securing a safe end to the season.
    Newcastle have enough quality. They'll be fine IMO. I think Sunderland are in danger. I was criticised for saying that I didn't rate di Canio as a manager a few weeks back. I still don't...

ReputationRep:
    All Newcastle have to do to stay up is beat QPR. If they can't do that they deserve to go down.

Villa not out of it yet. It is highly conceivable that Norwich and Newcastle could beat WBA (h) and QPR (a) and Sunderland one of Stoke (h) and Southampton (h). That combined with Wigan taking 2 points more out of Swa (h) and Ars (a) than Villa do against Che (h)...would take everything down to the last day.

But, if one of Newcastle or Norwich only draw their game next week, I fear for them, with their last games Ars (h) and Man C (a).

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle have enough quality. They'll be fine IMO. I think Sunderland are in danger. I was criticised for saying that I didn't rate di Canio as a manager a few weeks back. I still don't...
    That is what everyone said the season we were relegated...I know better this time

As a Geordie, nothing would make me happier than to see Sunderland be relegated Having said that, its no longer about derby rivalries - its about the bigger picture.

ReputationRep:
    You're all wrong about Sissoko, like. Half-decent but nowt more. Marveaux's a better player than he will ever be.

ReputationRep:
    I think Norwich and Newcastle have must win games next week, as both have tough final games. Both should win, as neither rival has anything to play. On the other hand, both Newcastle and Norwich have consistantly struggled with big games. Wigan are still looking bad, although their games are mostly too against teams with nothing to play for. Then again, I can't see Villa rolling over last day, as they will either still be a little bit in danger (depending on the previous results) or will be looking good and wanting to end on a roll. That's one of the problems with the last day of the season, attitudes and priorities change, and results can be unpredictable. Just look at the Championship where the both the automatic promotion battle and last playoff were in others hands, and a few bottled it at the last minute.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.