Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone really like Shakespeare? And if so, which is your favourite? watch

ReputationRep:
    Much Ado About Nothing is probably my favourite
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I went from not really liking Shakespeare (can't pinpoint when, but it was roughly around the time that David Tennant's Hamlet was on telly) to really quite enjoying it. Loved the Hollow Crown (BBC's adaptations of Richard II, Henry IV and Henry IV), and quite liked the Merry Wives of Windsor. I live fairly near Stratford-upon-Avon, so we can go and bask in home place warmth and such.

ReputationRep:
    I've only really read Romeo and Juliet and Measure for Measure (with the Duchess of Malfi for my A Level) but I loved Measure! And Malfi.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really a fan of his plays and I'm being forced to study Anthony and Cleopatra for A2. But Macbeth is pretty interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, but I would really like to read Shakespeare! Is any of his works available on their original form online?

ReputationRep:
    Love Shakespeare and have done since I was very young. I'm not sure I could pick a favourite to read, maybe King Lear. The most fun one I've seen performed was Midsummer Night's Dream, though.

ReputationRep:
    macbeth! it's the one everyone always brushes off- especially rn- because it's standard reading for GCSEs, but it's such a good play! especially when you get into all the context behind it and hidden meanings woven into the words- it's so cleverly done! also there's a lot of conspiracy about certain scenes because they're really unlike shakespeare's style of writing- it's genuinely really interesting to read and write up about. and it has the greatest shakespeare quote of all time: "methinks i'm too savage" (jks, it's: "what, you egg?")

ReputationRep:
    I remember seeing Coriolanus with Tom Hiddleston and I LOVED it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrisseysucks)
    I remember seeing Coriolanus with Tom Hiddleston and I LOVED it
    Live? That sounds great, I have to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gjd800)
    Live? That sounds great, I have to say.
    Oh no, I wasn't so lucky. It was performed in London but I live up North. It was streamed at my local Plaza but it was still amazing! Tom Hiddleston is an amazing Thespian
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    I've always enjoyed The Merchant of Venice the most. I think my other two favourites are Othello and King Lear.

ReputationRep:
    Macbeth is great but stuff like the merchant of venice was literally only good for getting me to sleep
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.