Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Everyone goes through phases like that I have them every so often too for no reason. Why not try and then you can do whatever you want in your dreams?
    This is true and weird as this sounds the feeling of almost invincibility is pretty much unmatched, I tried to tell people who can't/don't do it and they just didn't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesey_)
    This is true and weird as this sounds the feeling of almost invincibility is pretty much unmatched, I tried to tell people who can't/don't do it and they just didn't get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah some of my friends struggle to believe it too :P Anyone can do it and they're missing out :P
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Last night I tried phasing through an iron wall (of a ship) - it was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced, the feel of the wall going through my body… although it's probably one of these really subjective things that everyone experiences differently, because it's so far removed from anything that we experience when awake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smaug123)
    Last night I tried phasing through an iron wall (of a ship) - it was one of the strangest things I've ever experienced, the feel of the wall going through my body… although it's probably one of these really subjective things that everyone experiences differently, because it's so far removed from anything that we experience when awake.
    That is awesome!!! Meh, some people say it's like water others say it hurts. Different people, different experiences
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    That is awesome!!! Meh, some people say it's like water others say it hurts. Different people, different experiences
    It hurt a very little bit (about the level of the threat of a headache when you've got a bad cold), but not much.
    Next plan is to hold some sort of discussion with some good philosophers - my latest interest is consciousness and the nature thereof, and I want to know what my brain thinks about it have you ever tried "talking to yourself"?

ReputationRep:
    I've never thought of walking through things! I'd be scared if I got stuck :lol:

Gonna try this...

ReputationRep:
    It hurt a very little bit (about the level of the threat of a headache when you've got a bad cold), but not much.
    Next plan is to hold some sort of discussion with some good philosophers - my latest interest is consciousness and the nature thereof, and I want to know what my brain thinks about it have you ever tried "talking to yourself"?
    I have tried and I've had some interesting conversations :L

ReputationRep:
    im scared to do it.. what if you realized your dreaming and then you never wake up from the dream??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wishful)
    im scared to do it.. what if you realized your dreaming and then you never wake up from the dream??
    Have you been watching inception? You will always wake up from your dream, either naturally or if you set an alarm normally. You can't get stuck there. If you do feel like you're stuck there then you can shout 'Wake up!' and you will There's nothing to be scared of, in my opinion the dream world is a world better than ours, it's awesome

ReputationRep:
    We should have a disclaimers or something... And tell people inception is not an accurate representation :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    We should have a disclaimers or something... And tell people inception is not an accurate representation :lol:
    Funny you should say that, on the main LDforum I'm part of they do have a huge disclaimer notice :L

ReputationRep:
    Funny you should say that, on the main LDforum I'm part of they do have a huge disclaimer notice :L
    Aah, I didn't know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    Apparently the best way to wake up from a Lucid Dream is to go to sleep in it! Weird eh?

Anyone else tried flying in an LD? What about sex haha?
    That is weird, often you'll have a false awakening though :P

I have had many dreams in which I have done both of those :P Flying is so so amazing, it feels like it would do if you were really flying. I could see vast landscapes with grass greener than I've ever seen. Flying is brilliant ^_^

ReputationRep:
    It's a dream where you're aware that you're dreaming.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by montstar)
    Apparently the best way to wake up from a Lucid Dream is to go to sleep in it! Weird eh?
    The way I do it (if I want to, anyway, which is quite rare) is to do the thing that Hiro does in Heroes when he time-travels - that is, screw my eyes really tightly shut and think really hard that when I open them, they'll be my real eyelids rather than the dream ones.

ReputationRep:
    The way I do it (if I want to, anyway, which is quite rare) is to do the thing that Hiro does in Heroes when he time-travels - that is, screw my eyes really tightly shut and think really hard that when I open them, they'll be my real eyelids rather than the dream ones.
    Haha that's awesome! I loved Heroes, such a shame they cancelled it

ReputationRep:
    Gonna try the wild, I'm sure that I've had a WILD before.

ReputationRep:
    Wow i didn't even realise you could make yourself have a lucid dream. I've always had pretty weird scary dreams, would be nice to have some control!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicodin)
    Wow i didn't even realise you could make yourself have a lucid dream. I've always had pretty weird scary dreams, would be nice to have some control!
    I just wanted to say your sig is awesome! I have that on a poster!

ReputationRep:
    My own experiences are completely different from anonymouse's - I'm not one of those people who naturally lucid dream, I had to learn, but it didn't take much effort. It doesn't "**** you up" to see weird things in a mirror - aside from anything else, you're dreaming, so you don't really feel emotions the same way (in general, in my experience, emotions in dreams are either massively, ridiculously overamplified, or pretty much not present). You take very weird things in your stride (as if it were completely natural for you to have seven fingers, for example - that's my stock lucidity test). I've never been haunted by dreams (at least, not for longer than about five minutes after the dream ends)…
    I had a really odd dream recently where I 'woke up' in the dream, and my right arm was a mess. The skin was burnt, lots of flesh was missing, I could clearly see my severed viens and bone, and all I felt was intrigued and mildly surprised. I can't really describe how awful it looked, or how surprised I was at my reaction when I properly woke up...

I just read the quoted text and remember this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.