Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    oh yeh and walcott, padolski, giroud and benik afobe are?

benteke will improve but he is not bad in any area atm, he can hold the ball, dribble, finish and bully defenders. I cant think of one area that giroud is better than him tbh and he wont cost anymore than the 15mill we paid for giroud.
    We bought Giroud for 12 mil and Benteke will cost around 20 mil hwn you consider the factors in the sellers favour. He young, decent potential, 2nd year into contract, Hyped up by the English media and he had a good first season. Villa have every right to not to sell. I would bet any money Benteke won't be going anywhere in the summer, I can see him at Villa for the next 2 seasons at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We bought Giroud for 12 mil and Benteke will cost around 20 mil hwn you consider the factors in the sellers favour. He young, decent potential, 2nd year into contract, Hyped up by the English media and he had a good first season. Villa have every right to not to sell. I would bet any money Benteke won't be going anywhere in the summer, I can see him at Villa for the next 2 seasons at least
    Randy lurner is a cheap #### he will sell whenever he gets the opportunity, benteke himself wants to move to london and ill be very surprised if he doesnt want to come to us considering it will help his international career. 20mill is a joke price for a player bought for 4mill. Hes had one good season but its only 1 good season not 3 in a row. Other than benteke who else will we attract?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea's win puts A LOT of pressure on us against Fulham.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Chelsea's win puts A LOT of pressure on us against Fulham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The draw last night is only a bad result if we don't get all 3 points against Fulham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    The draw last night is only a bad result if we don't get all 3 points against Fulham.
    Hopefully we can win all games that are left bar united and i think we are good to go. Theyre not games that are too hard to win but....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Star)
    Yeah I guess so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does United's result today mean for potentially winning the league at ours/us giving them a guard of honor?

ReputationRep:
    luiz is far too gifted to be a centerback. he could be the worlds best DM if he wanted to

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Hopefully we can win all games that are left bar united and i think we are good to go. Theyre not games that are too hard to win but....

we got newcastle away as our final game, I cannot see us winning that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    What does United's result today mean for potentially winning the league at ours/us giving them a guard of honor?
    Iirc if man u and man city had both won todays and their next game they would only need a draw at the Emirates to win the title but because man u drew today that won't happen unless city drop points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Just because there might be outrage doesn't mean it won't happen. I expect him to join Real.
    If they really wanted a striker that badly they would have gone for aguero when they had the chance. I doubt he'll be a real madrid player next season. I think they just avoid doing such transfers.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll come third and you'll come fourth atm. But I expect us to draw at anfield so it's still in the balance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I like Benteke, more technically accomplished than Lukaku and seems to use his physicality to better effect. BUT, having watched 10-12 Villa games this season, he also has a bit of the Adebayor mentality in him. Seems to sulk if something isnt going his way and he tends to demand the ball in exactly the right place, if it doesn't end up there he ends up in a huff.

Great player no doubt but the mentality isn't right imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlasticBag)
    I like Benteke, more technically accomplished than Lukaku and seems to use his physicality to better effect. BUT, having watched 10-12 Villa games this season, he also has a bit of the Adebayor mentality in him. Seems to sulk if something isnt going his way and he tends to demand the ball in exactly the right place, if it doesn't end up there he ends up in a huff.

Great player no doubt but the mentality isn't right imo
    That doesn't sound like Benteke's mentality at all Paul Lambert wouldn't stand for that as we can see with the case of Darren Bent who thinks he's God's gift to Villa. Top strikers are usually greedy and selfish, how else would they get goals. They need balls delivered in the right places or else they get dropped. Don't forget that Adebayor played his best football at arsenal, he was efficiently ruthless. RVP always demanded the ball because he trusted he's own abilities to score. I do think Benteke has the right attitude to be at arsenal but he hasn't got the ability. Maybe two seasons ago I would have been begging to have him at arsenal but we need to aim higher or else we wont progress as a club

ReputationRep:
    Reports suggesting that Song would like a return to Arsenal. Shows the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I think he's a quality player but wouldn't want to see him back here - the manner in which he left wasn't nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Need to sub but will add 2 cents on the CL run ins.

Imo Chelsea have a really tough run in, not to mention they're already looking a tiny bit weary and have a really packed cluster of games between now and May 11th. Looking at their run in, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Spurs and the very real chance that Villa could be fighting for their lives in the 2nd from last game. 5 of those 6 games are crappy prospects and for a weary team I can't see them getting anywhere near full points. 12pts from 18 would be incredible for them but 8pts is more reasonable.

Spurs have key players missing at a crucial stage and crappy goal difference which is effectively -1pt. Man City at home is tough but City looked even more weary than Chelsea in their last league game. Wigan at home will be tough, Chelsea away obviously tough and Stoke away is never pleasant. They'll be aiming for 13pts but I'd guess it'll be closer to 10.

After watching the Chelsea game we should have 3 in the bag against Fulham this weekend. They were utter chod. Man U always tough but I think our success will be based heavily on where QPR, Wigan and Newcastle are in their respective battles for survival. Newcastle should almost definately be safe by the last game, Wigan will almost certainly be battling and fingers crossed QPR are already doomed. All together we easily have the best run in and could realistically gun for 13pts though allowing for slips ups I'm guessing it'll be more like 10.

Everton with poor goal difference, Chelsea and Liverpool away, played a game more than Spurs and Chelsea. Imo they need 5 wins from 5 but hats off to them for a great season.

3rd - Arsenal - 70
    4th - Chelsea - 69 giggidy
    5th - Spurs - 68
    6th - Everton - 65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArsene)
    Need to sub but will add 2 cents on the CL run ins.

Imo Chelsea have a really tough run in, not to mention they're already looking a tiny bit weary and have a really packed cluster of games between now and May 11th. Looking at their run in, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, Spurs and the very real chance that Villa could be fighting for their lives in the 2nd from last game. 5 of those 6 games are crappy prospects and for a weary team I can't see them getting anywhere near full points. 12pts from 18 would be incredible for them but 8pts is more reasonable.

Spurs have key players missing at a crucial stage and crappy goal difference which is effectively -1pt. Man City at home is tough but City looked even more weary than Chelsea in their last league game. Wigan at home will be tough, Chelsea away obviously tough and Stoke away is never pleasant. They'll be aiming for 13pts but I'd guess it'll be closer to 10.

After watching the Chelsea game we should have 3 in the bag against Fulham this weekend. They were utter chod. Man U always tough but I think our success will be based heavily on where QPR, Wigan and Newcastle are in their respective battles for survival. Newcastle should almost definately be safe by the last game, Wigan will almost certainly be battling and fingers crossed QPR are already doomed. All together we easily have the best run in and could realistically gun for 13pts though allowing for slips ups I'm guessing it'll be more like 10.

Everton with poor goal difference, Chelsea and Liverpool away, played a game more than Spurs and Chelsea. Imo they need 5 wins from 5 but hats off to them for a great season.

3rd - Arsenal - 70
    4th - Chelsea - 69 giggidy
    5th - Spurs - 68
    6th - Everton - 65
    I do hope you're right but I think you may be underestimating Fulham a little. Yes they were bad against Chelsea but Chelsea were pretty awesome making Fulham appear even worse. Plus they did just beat Spurs at WHL a few weeks ago. Craven Cottage is never an easy place to go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fulham is always a tricky game, cant even remember the last team we beat them. 2010-2011 at least? Craven Cottage is always a tricky venue as well. Wont be an easy game anyway but I have faith we can pull it off!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't Rosicky play Everton? I hope he's fit tomorrow because he is central to our hopes. I really think he's one of our better players - shame he's been hampered by injuries.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Giroud doesn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt, we need someone like Thierry Henry to score goals next season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jak5321)
    Giroud doesn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt, we need someone like Thierry Henry to score goals next season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who is that though? I don't think we'll be getting a new Henry anytime soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.