Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromaldehyde)
    I know, I've been up for 3 hours now and done 3 hours revision. Had to be done, still got another 2 and a half to go and then I'll stop for lunch.
    Motivation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    anyone else dreading the biology exams tuesday or...? I got my yearbook friday and it's making me sad i finish this week
    I haven't even started revising for Biology yet.. so yes I'm dreading the exam on Tuesday.. btw How are you revising ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PriyaPaul)
    I haven't even started revising for Biology yet.. so yes I'm dreading the exam on Tuesday.. btw How are you revising ?
    I'm doing a mixture of things actually, I did a B2 past paper and got 44/60, writing notes, watching videos, etc etc.... So glad I have double biology+ a study period tomorrow :')

ReputationRep:
    anyone else dreading the biology exams tuesday or...? I got my yearbook friday and it's making me sad i finish this week
    We have similar surnames!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MizRman)
    Anyone got the Edexcel RE exam on Monday?
    Oui! Me! And Priya and Mango!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    We have similar surnames!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're talking about my username then we do not I'm afraid....It's actually a typo.......

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about my username then we do not I'm afraid....It's actually a typo.......
    Hahaha ohhh daarn.. What was it supposed to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahaha ohhh daarn.. What was it supposed to be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My actual surname is Webster haha, and it was meant to be noir....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Languages are great!

You are :unimpressed: I'd be doing Spanish, German and French at least!

Why would french help your gold DofE, I'm curious because I want to do it? And I'm learning languages too!
    For skill! There are four parts to DofE (I'm going to explain it all and just assume you don't know), skill, physical, volunteering and the expedition. You do an allotted time on each part (you can do them all at once) and it's pretty open what you do with them but as you go through the awards (Bronze-Gold) what you get out of them has to be slightly more challenging.

This probably explains it better than I ever could - http://www.dofe.org/go/timescales/ (scroll to the bottom with the tables).

For Bronze: I did cooking as my skill for three months - I made varying cakes and biscuits and added things to them to make them better, tried different icing techniques and then did a quick survey to people who ate them to rate them and decide which one was my best baking fete!

I did badminton as my physical for three months for an hour a week.

I volunteered at the local Girl Guiding Rainbows groups for an hour a week for six months.

Finally, for my expedition I did a two-day expedition on Dartmoor (it was quite fun except from the fact we did our mock during flash flood warnings last year in July and our actual in the scorching heat in September).

I'm going to skip silver because it's too late to join this years entrants where I do it and if I do silver next year, I'll be doing gold until the very end of year 13 so I'm starting gold in September and I'm doing the same volunteering, learning French for my skills and I'm not sure on my physical yet! Sorry for the long post!

ReputationRep:
    My actual surname is Webster haha, and it was meant to be noir....
    Hahah Webster isn't even close to Nor... -_- my bad my bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahah Webster isn't even close to Nor... -_- my bad my bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha it's alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    For skill! There are four parts to DofE (I'm going to explain it all and just assume you don't know), skill, physical, volunteering and the expedition. You do an allotted time on each part (you can do them all at once) and it's pretty open what you do with them but as you go through the awards (Bronze-Gold) what you get out of them has to be slightly more challenging.

This probably explains it better than I ever could - http://www.dofe.org/go/timescales/ (scroll to the bottom with the tables).

For Bronze: I did cooking as my skill for three months - I made varying cakes and biscuits and added things to them to make them better, tried different icing techniques and then did a quick survey to people who ate them to rate them and decide which one was my best baking fete!

I did badminton as my physical for three months for an hour a week.

I volunteered at the local Girl Guiding Rainbows groups for an hour a week for six months.

Finally, for my expedition I did a two-day expedition on Dartmoor (it was quite fun except from the fact we did our mock during flash flood warnings last year in July and our actual in the scorching heat in September).

I'm going to skip silver because it's too late to join this years entrants where I do it and if I do silver next year, I'll be doing gold until the very end of year 13 so I'm starting gold in September and I'm doing the same volunteering, learning French for my skills and I'm not sure on my physical yet! Sorry for the long post!
    Yeah, I get all that!
    So learning a language is a skill? So how do I prove that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Our school offers French, Spanish and Bengali.... Loool
    I noticed not many people take Spanish, it's definitely the easier out of the two.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our school offers;
    French
    Spanish
    Latin
    Mandarin Chinese
    Ancient Greek
    German
    (Original post by JustaDreamer)
    :eek: Same here
    lool, I miss braces ;'(

What board is this?
    IGCSE Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    By the way, anyone doing the WJEC/CBAC GCSE French Higher Listening tomorrow, I bought some CDs with the 2012 and 2011 track on and uploaded them to Google Drive, if anyone wants them. Download them here.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! AQA B3. My school tried organising a year book until they did a survey and only about 30/120 students said they would buy it and they worked out that they needed three quarters of the year needed to buy it for it to break even! :rofl:

I am quite sad I'm finishing But I'm quite excited for Thursday, I'm dressing up as a pirate with my friends and it's tradition to play pranks at my school so we're going to blow up hundreds of balloons and put them waist high in the corridors and staff room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonoahx)
    By the way, anyone doing the WJEC/CBAC GCSE French Higher Listening tomorrow, I bought some CDs with the 2012 and 2011 track on and uploaded them to Google Drive, if anyone wants them. Download them here.
    Fellow welshy! I am... Thanks a lot!:eek:

I need to do a past paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Our school offers;
    French
    Spanish
    Latin
    Mandarin Chinese
    Ancient Greek
    German
    It's like we go to the same school! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Our school offers;
    French
    Spanish
    Latin
    Mandarin Chinese
    Ancient Greek
    German

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :eek: we only have French or German. (And I think there's N option to take Chinese in the sixth form).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's like we go to the same school! :eek:

What's the first letter of your school?:P

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.