Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

84 schools have NO white British pupils at all... double the number of five years ago Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    anti-white.
    I dont even know why your bothered. Soon the EU floodgates will be open once more and millions of Europeans will be pouring in. But their okay, because on the suface, they are the same as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    So what? and i'm sure these stats are corrupt, exaggerated and even so, who cares? are you suggesting this is not allowed, or worse; people of a different ethnic origin should not be educated in what is, a 97% white population already? a large majority of white schools are white British, whats the difference - statistically, white British under achieve in education compared to other ethnic origins! I like the idea of having diversity in schools, it shows life is changing for the better.
    86% white British according to the 2011 census.

in Leicester, Luton, Slough and our capital city London white British are a minority.

why is citing white British underachievement in education acceptable but citing black underachievement is 'racist'?

When you talk about diversity what you really mean is "less white people". How is that not racist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forget that)
    I dont even know why your bothered. Soon the EU floodgates will be open once more and millions of Europeans will be pouring in. But their okay, because on the suface, they are the same as you.
    I don't celebrate this either, I believe in countries not open borders.

ReputationRep:
    do you think black Nigerians would have any concern or interest in this?
    So your argument is that it's okay for us to be racist if black people are? Grow up and stop trying to blame your prejudices on someone else.

ReputationRep:
    86% white British according to the 2011 census.

in Leicester, Luton, Slough and our capital city London white British are a minority.

why is citing white British underachievement in education acceptable but citing black underachievement is 'racist'?

When you talk about diversity what you really mean is "less white people". How is that not racist?

because its statistical fact...I am not making any racist remark, yet referencing statistics...

diversity does not mean the lessening of whites, yet the integration of ethnicity!

ReputationRep:
    I don't celebrate this either, I believe in countries not open borders.
    I know, but fundamentally you dont mind- they look the same. I hate this way of thinking so much, I just believe its ridiculous in all honesty. At least the catholic population has been boosted, but then white Britons arent even religious anymore

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to start a debate such as this, it might be a good idea to use sources other than The Daily Mail, famous for their fear-mongering, xenophobic attitudes. I personally hate The Daily Mail, as do most people, and the reason people "Don't shut up about the daily mail" is because it is a horrible newspaper. So if you're going to use it as a source, don't be suprised when people criticise it Also, as mentioned before...the numbers really aren't that high. I also have to wonder if people would go into such a panic if these numbers were of white or English-speaking immigrants, such as Americans or Australians. A lot of people only seem to have a problem when it's Muslims, Asians, Polish people etc.

ReputationRep:
    We'll all be long dead before white people become a minority so I don't see why anyone on here cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbathaZoe)
    So your argument is that it's okay for us to be racist if black people are? Grow up and stop trying to blame your prejudices on someone else.
    humans are tribal beings, however due to their supposed "enlightenment", left-leaning liberal whites are openly prejudiced against their own race, the white race, so they'll call anyone standing up for it a "racist", and celebrate everything non-white.

given that this is not the prevailing attitude outside of middle class gated communities of white countries, this self-loathing attitude will ultimately lead to the disappearance of the white race if it isn't allowed to speak out against its displacement in white countries.

the world isn't that nice, and we're not all the same, unfortunately. multiculturalism is unilateral suicide implemented by white and only white countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahooper)
    We'll all be long dead before white people become a minority so I don't see why anyone on here cares.
    i know we're a selfish generation but why wouldn't you care about the future of white British children? consider the words of Enoch Powell in his famously misunderstood speech:

A week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries.

After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country." I made some deprecatory reply to the effect that even this government wouldn't last for ever; but he took no notice, and continued: "I have three children, all of them been through grammar school and two of them married now, with family. I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man."

I can already hear the chorus of execration. How dare I say such a horrible thing? How dare I stir up trouble and inflame feelings by repeating such a conversation?

The answer is that I do not have the right not to do so. Here is a decent, ordinary fellow Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that his country will not be worth living in for his children.

I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking - not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone actually give a **** about this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilem)
    Does anyone actually give a **** about this?
    Yes.

This is not a good thing, not in an 'oh no the immigrants are overrunning the country' way, but more in the way that I seriously doubt that these schools are all in British-Free areas, which suggests that either the schools or their applicants are selecting on racial lines, which shouldn't be happening.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a problem with coloured people, I won't treat them differently, but I don't particularly want to live with them either.
    You don't want to live with us 'coloured people'. Oh, poor us!

So, is it just immigrants who you don't want to live with, or British people who happen to have 'coloured skin'?

If they are British in every other sense, but have brown skin from heritage, you still don't want to live with them?

Well, then, that is racist. If it is for no other reason but skin colour, that is racist.

You'd be okay living with me if my Mum was white, but because my Mum is black, I am not deemed fit to live around you.

The sad thing is, I hate the dilution of british culture and some of the PC bullcrap that goes on. But it's not about skin colour for me, even if I was fully white.

Sorry for being half black and brown.

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord, what if my children have to grow up surrounded by people who have a slightly different skin tone than them? Complete madness I tell you

ReputationRep:
    Race is irrelevant and these statistics are largely meaningless however they do show worrying signs of what looks to be less culturally cohesive society in the future, this will lead to more civil disturbances as seen in the northern towns.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopefulMidwife)
    You don't want to live with us 'coloured people'. Oh, poor us!
    read the rest of my post and its follow-up. i'm generalizing, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    i know we're a selfish generation but why wouldn't you care about the future of white British children? consider the words of Enoch Powell in his famously misunderstood speech:

A week or two ago I fell into conversation with a constituent, a middle-aged, quite ordinary working man employed in one of our nationalised industries.

After a sentence or two about the weather, he suddenly said: "If I had the money to go, I wouldn't stay in this country." I made some deprecatory reply to the effect that even this government wouldn't last for ever; but he took no notice, and continued: "I have three children, all of them been through grammar school and two of them married now, with family. I shan't be satisfied till I have seen them all settled overseas. In this country in 15 or 20 years' time the black man will have the whip hand over the white man."

I can already hear the chorus of execration. How dare I say such a horrible thing? How dare I stir up trouble and inflame feelings by repeating such a conversation?

The answer is that I do not have the right not to do so. Here is a decent, ordinary fellow Englishman, who in broad daylight in my own town says to me, his Member of Parliament, that his country will not be worth living in for his children.

I simply do not have the right to shrug my shoulders and think about something else. What he is saying, thousands and hundreds of thousands are saying and thinking - not throughout Great Britain, perhaps, but in the areas that are already undergoing the total transformation to which there is no parallel in a thousand years of English history.
    LOL, bet you didn't know that Powell was personally responsible for thousands of immigrants coming over here to help with NHS shortages.

Powell is deeply misunderstood, but mainly by the far-right who use him as their poster boy even though he would be horrified to be associated with xenophobic racists.

ReputationRep:

Now consider New Labour's multiculturalism, aka the promotion of every world culture apart from that of white British (that one deemed racist, the rest healthy)
    I don't really see how the discouragement of white supremacism and nationalism is the promotion of other cultures.

I've never been told that black people are better than white people... or that I should speak Arabic rather than English... or that I should read Confucius instead of Shakespeare... or that I should eat Curry rather than Fish and Chips.

I've been taught, by the educational establishment, to assess everything and everyone on their own merits.

ReputationRep:
    "white flight" proves that white people are choosing to leave our cities because they don't like the demographic change which is the direct consequence of importing foreign cultures and ghettoisation
    Actually,

Finally, we see that the relative positions of ethnic migration and their destination choices from London and South East have remained fairly stable over time. The only noticeable crossovers in these patterns are found in the Black flows from London to the South East and East of England regions and in the White flows from South East to the South West and London regions. This suggests that the spatial patterns of ethnic migration, controlling for the overall increases in the levels, have not changed substantially between 1991 and 2007 (Raymer et al., 2011).
    I said "socioeconomic flight" is a better descriptor than "white flight" months ago, but I've just found two papers to support this view:

"'White flight' is not an appropriate term to describe White movement, nor to explain the growth of ethnically diverse urban areas."

[...]

The movement seems to be better understood in terms of common aspirations to improve housing and environmental living conditions away from dense urban areas. The motivation for dispersal from what might be termed as settlement areas may be partly the push from lack of housing or the pull of better housing for those who have the means to buy themselves out of poor living conditions, but the impact is similar for White and minority groups, and has been so during two decades"

[...]

In short, the mysteries of race and internal migration are not those of separation, conflict or ghettos, but of detail within a background of common and steady movement from inner cities experienced by White and minority populations alike. (Simpson and Finney, 2009).
    The socio-demographic characteristics of migrants have been shown to be very similar for each ethnic group in Britain, including the White group; it is associated with young adults, individuals with higher levels of education, and those with professional qualifications, and on balance is to suburban and rural locales.

[...]

We suggested that a social gradient would be consistent with market-led migration, such that those with greater incomes are able to satisfy aspirations for better environment and housing away from the low-income areas to which most immigration occurs. The analyses have confirmed this expected gradient favouring professional and managerial classes for residential mobility in general, and for longer distance movement across district boundaries and away from districts of past immigration, labelled ‘settlement areas’. The gradient is evident for all ethnic groups.

[...]

Therefore, income-led migration can explain movement away from immigrant settlement areas, and deviations from this general pattern, without recourse to the racial explanations that are common in most developed countries (Catney and Simpson, 2010).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    So? Why is this even news? Then again when the Daily Mail is concerned it is really 'news' written by 'journalists'. So I suppose that is one reason why it is 'news'.

I'll bet the majority of these non-white British kids put their nationality was British in their census. White and British stopped becoming the standard a long long time ago, seems the Daily Mail has difficulty coming to terms with this.

What about all the white British kids in schools in Australia etc? Don't see the Aboriginals writing a news article about it. What goes around comes around and all that.
    Spot on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.