Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebecca0184)
    on the question about fats in the digestive system, i completely forgot to put anything about bile, but i put about lipase being broken into fatty acids and glycerol and it being released by the pancreas and small intestine. how many marks will i have?
    The question did state that you should mention chemicals involved. If you gave good points in the use of enzymes (and mentioned lipase), I suppose you could get around a 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shad-A)
    What enzymes did you guys mention for the 6 marker?
    I talked about all the information involving enzymes lipase, amylase like where they are produced and what they digest. I then started talking about bile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applequestria)
    The question did state that you should mention chemicals involved. If you gave good points in the use of enzymes (and mentioned lipase), I suppose you could get around a 4.
    So what kind of points where you supposed to mention??
    Personally I talked about all the information involving the three enzymes and the reaction of bile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rawan24)
    So what kind of points where you supposed to mention??
    Personally I talked about all the information involving the three enzymes and the reaction of bile
    They'll be looking for you to mention lipase, where it's produce (pancreas and small intestine) and what it converts the fats (lipids) into (fatty acids and glycerol)

It only asks for the digestion of fats, so mentioning amylase, carbohydrase, protease etc. will not get you any additional marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applequestria)
    oops! it never came to mind! when i was counting through my paper to see how many marks i think i got, i only gave myself 3 anyway, i think i got around 44, hopefully i'll get an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottystreet)
    Just found some stuff about the Przewalski horse reproducing with the wild horse (http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/horses/przewalski/).
    Gametes are 32 and 33. They reproduce to form offspring with 65 chromosomes. Therefore, the answer in the exam would have been 12.
    DAMN. I got it wrong.
    It asked for the number of chromosomes not how many pairs and so you must have had to add 16 and 8... At least Id like to think so

ReputationRep:
    I put carbon dioxide for the part b of question 1. It said state one gas as if
    to say there were two so I think it is also acceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frank the Tankk)
    Well I f***ed up on the gametes question and put 8, 16 + 24...don't know why -.- but overall the paper wasn't too challenging, I'd say around 45 will be an A* and I reckon I got about 49...need to make up for my 45 (was a mid A) in chemistry so I can push for an A*. Don't you think the grade boundary for January's Chem paper where high compared to biology boundaries?:s
    i put 24 and I'm sure it's right because it didn't ask for the number if chromosomes, but for how many will there be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloestar)
    I put carbon dioxide for the part b of question 1. It said state one gas as if
    to say there were two so I think it is also acceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But the diffusion was from point A (which was inside the leaf) to point B (outside the leaf) so it has to be oxygen. Carbon dioxide diffuses into the leaf, oxygen diffuses out of the leaf.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can find an unofficial mark scheme ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliemay97)
    Anyone know where I can find an unofficial mark scheme ?
    Someone posted one on page 9 of this thread; right at the end, but I'm sure that they got 2 questions wrong- well according to the revision guide

ReputationRep:
    Which questions do you think are wrong? And those questions don't add up to 60?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJT513)
    Which questions do you think are wrong? And those questions don't add up to 60?
    The first question is phloem and mesophyl, DEFINITELY SURE OF IT
    Question 2d the squares are 11
    Question 5b is bile because its asking for the 'substance'
    Question 5c is enzyme Y which is acidic conditions
    Question 8d is 16+8 because its asking for the number of chromosomes in human body cell not the pairs in a sex ccellists
    It's also missing some questions which I can't remember, but who ever did the mark scheme did a good job

ReputationRep:
    Using that unofficial mark scheme I got about 34 marks which isn't great but it's alright I guess. Pretty sure a few questions are missing on it and some answers are wrong though..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Question 8d is 16+8 because its asking for the number of chromosomes in human body cell not the pairs in a sex ccellists
    It's also missing some questions which I can't remember, but who ever did the mark scheme did a good job
    It was enzyme X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And it was Xylem and phloem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But in the revision guide it says mesophyl and phloem :L oh I don't know anymore
    at least we all can guarantee that the grade boundaries will be low

ReputationRep:
    And it was Xylem and phloem

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was hydrochloric acid not bile

ReputationRep:
    But in the revision guide it says mesophyl and phloem :L oh I don't know anymore
    at least we all can guarantee that the grade boundaries will be low
    Yeh haha most people at my school found it hard, think everyone on here is just really brainy:s good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeh haha most people at my school found it hard, think everyone on here is just really brainy:s good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You tooo!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.