ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie_o)
    Wasn't it 2ix not 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    with 2ix+3 you get a=-1/3 and b=5/3

2ix-3 you get a=5/3 and b=-7/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FPSMaestro)
    I think you had to integrate x^-2(2x^4 + 2rootx) I think...
    Hmmm i don't remember seeing 2X^4 anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobslayer)
    with 2ix+3 you get a=-1/3 and b=5/3

2ix-3 you get a=5/3 and b=-7/3
    Check 4ix +3 again because I swear it is tht! Anyway it doesnt matter I think the answer was 1/3 and 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths93)
    Check 4ix +3 again because I swear it is tht! Anyway it doesnt matter I think the answer was 1/3 and 2/3
    I absolutely agree, I got the same answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths93)
    yeah but out of 4ix,2ix +3 and -3, none of those combinations give 1/3 and 2/3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatLithuanian)
    Hmmm i don't remember seeing 2X^4 anywhere.
    Sorry mate I'm not sure. Hopefully someone will put up the exam paper with answers soon!

ReputationRep:
    So seeing as the last 5 papers in June for this exam had 61 for an A does anyone agree that the grade for an A will be lower this time? 56 for an A anyone?

ReputationRep:
    So seeing as the last 5 papers in June for this exam had 61 for an A does anyone agree that the grade for an A will be lower this time? 56 for an A anyone?
    June 2010 68 was an A

ReputationRep:
    60/75=80%, which is what the A grade should be. Bearing in mind the grade boundaries in Mathematics as a subject are generally some of the steepest at A level, it is very unlikely the A grade will be below 60.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but out of 4ix,2ix +3 and -3, none of those combinations give 1/3 and 2/3.
    are you sure you have the right value for (z-2i)*? may that's why.... im pretty sure i got 1/3 and 2/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie_o)
    Same! Hahaha. I've got M1 and M2 coming up too and FP1 was my best out of the three so I'm really gutted that today's paper wasn't brilliant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

FP1 is probably my weakest point, i only have M1 coming up and I think that's my strongest point! I really wished this paper was easier though cause then it wouldn't have to depend so much on my applied modules XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appleuae123)
    are you sure you have the right value for (z-2i)*? may that's why.... im pretty sure i got 1/3 and 2/3
    x-i(y-2)

ReputationRep:
    56 for an A my arse, 62-64 I guess.

ReputationRep:
    56 for an A my arse, 62-64 I guess.
    Yh I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertparsloe)
    I found this was the only exam I have ever run out of time on a maths exam,
    It just didn't feel right as a paper in general
    i felt exactly the same, normally i have enough time to finish the paper and go back to the harder questions to do them again but i didn't even have time to do that today. I think i dropped quite a few marks looking at what people have said on here, hopefully an A though if the grade boundaries at about 60/75!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohailkm96)
    FP1 is probably my weakest point, i only have M1 coming up and I think that's my strongest point! I really wished this paper was easier though cause then it wouldn't have to depend so much on my applied modules XD
    Yeah exactly, same. Not sure how I'll do in M1 sometimes I do really well, others not so good. M2 is horrible which is why I needed fp1 to go well...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whilst I agree 56 may be quite low, if previous exams were around 61 for an A then the region of 57-58 is not totally impossible. It was miles harder than previous papers and they should adjust accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the complex numbers question where the solution were 1/3 and 2/3? And how many marks will i lose if i made 1 mistake during the whole calculation of that question?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.