Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyndsaaayyy)
    Just looked up how plants excrete excess salts and it said 'through the leaves' and that would be transpiration not active transport?!
    Yeah because otherwise as active transport is LC-HC the air outside the plant would have to have a high concentration of salt which am doesn't make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaneboy)
    Did anyone write amalayse and then aluerone layer for something? Can't remember what it was for and it was a guess!
    Was it not the plant growth substance it asked for, which would of been gibberellic acid in the embryo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan96)
    What did everyone put for the Multi choice question on the enzyme inhibiting the alcohol concentration??? For the Water Concentration essay as well- were there two things you had to write about for the coherence and relevance mark because I only could think of how the water concentration decreased?? ...
    I think I put A for the alcohol one, that 4.5 concentration wouldn't inhibit alcohol concentration? Although I was guessing that one between A and D.

I wrote about "Regulation of water" and "Decrease in water concentration" but tbh they come under the same heading so I don't get how they could penalise you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    Was it not the plant growth substance it asked for, which would of been gibberellic acid in the embryo?
    That's what I wrote... And I'm sure it's right. I was looking over GA in my textbook just before entering the exam room.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaTurner)
    Yeah because otherwise as active transport is LC-HC the air outside the plant would have to have a high concentration of salt which am doesn't make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I read 'water in soil' and immediately thought active transport, such an idiot. I have failed SO badly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I read 'water in soil' and immediately thought active transport, such an idiot. I have failed SO badly.
    What question did you write active transport for? Was it like 3b, the one to do with that cell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    That's what I wrote... And I'm sure it's right. I was looking over GA in my textbook just before entering the exam room.
    It is definitely GA and the embryo.

ReputationRep:
    I think I put A for the alcohol one, that 4.5 concentration wouldn't inhibit alcohol concentration? Although I was guessing that one between A and D. I wrote about "Regulation of water" and "Decrease in water concentration" but tbh they come under the same heading so I don't get how they could penalise you.
    The answer was B, 2.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john51)
    The answer was B, 2.5
    Sht how? I ruled that one out. God I suck at them questions :[

ReputationRep:
    I think I put A for the alcohol one, that 4.5 concentration wouldn't inhibit alcohol concentration? Although I was guessing that one between A and D. I wrote about "Regulation of water" and "Decrease in water concentration" but tbh they come under the same heading so I don't get how they could penalise you.
    The answer was B, 2.5

ReputationRep:
    Sht how? I ruled that one out. God I suck at them questions :[
    Sorry i cant remember the exact question, but i guessed it and when i spoke to my teacher after she said i was right

ReputationRep:
    Sorry i cant remember the exact question, but i guessed it and when i spoke to my teacher after she said i was right
    Was that the one that it was exactly half? When I read it off the graph it said 60% which isn't half.... that is why I ruled it out.

ReputationRep:
    surely to god the cut offs will be lowered, that was so much harder than recent years

ReputationRep:
    What question did you write active transport for? Was it like 3b, the one to do with that cell?
    The one to do with plants getting rid of excess salts, can't remember the question number haha sorry!

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said that one was active transport...hmmm

ReputationRep:
    Was that the one that it was exactly half? When I read it off the graph it said 60% which isn't half.... that is why I ruled it out.
    Yeah, but the lowest value was 40 and the highest was 80, and 60 is exactly halfway between 40 and 80.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think the solution here is to lie in bed with a tub of Ben & Jerry's and wallow in self-pity. Who's with me?

ReputationRep:
    The one to do with plants getting rid of excess salts, can't remember the question number haha sorry!
    Yeah I'm sure that one was active transport because the follow up question was about mitochondria/ATP and that is the only process that we learn about ATP being needed for

Yeah, but the lowest value was 40 and the highest was 80, and 60 is exactly halfway between 40 and 80.
    sht!!!!! i thought lowest value was 20 hate life.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I think the solution here is to lie in bed with a tub of Ben & Jerry's and wallow in self-pity. Who's with me?
    completely agree hahaha:L heres hoping sqa are nice and lower the A mark :L although, my whole year found the higher chemistry quite difficult last year and they put the mark up to 75% for an A:L

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the question on the curled leaf where it asked for the advantage of the leaf bring curled to reduce water loss?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.