Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakegt1)
    Any people doing Comp Sci here? really looking forward to it :P

What have you guys been putting as your first choice accomodation?
    I'm doing discrete maths, so like half computer science haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum17)
    Hmm I'm not sure that would work either :unimpressed: what subject are you studying? Maybe we can find a solution to this without resorting to a fight to the death :catfight:
    Mathematics so, you can be "classics cal" and I can be "mathematical-um" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else put Cryfield down as first choice? So far I haven't seen anyone doing maths who has...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icedcaramellatte)
    I'm hoping to do this course next year, I've just got my A/S results back and I'm carrying through AAB. What did you guys get in your A/S and A2 results? Did you get interviewed?
    Hey!! I got the same as you for both AS and A2, and no I didn't get interviewed, buy I found out less than a month when I applied that I had received an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Has anyone else put Cryfield down as first choice? So far I haven't seen anyone doing maths who has...
    Maybe they are hiding away from the Geordie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Maybe they are hiding away from the Geordie
    Ha that's probably true :rolleyes:

We're just misunderstood. Literally, most times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math-Magician)
    Ha that's probably true :rolleyes:

We're just misunderstood. Literally, most times
    Hahaha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakegt1)
    Any people doing Comp Sci here? really looking forward to it :P

What have you guys been putting as your first choice accomodation?
    I am I have put Sherborne then bluebell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emily_marie123)
    Hi! I'm flying from quite a way too - I have lived in Dubai with my parents for the past 8 years so I can't wait to be back home Are your parents staying in Spain while you are at University?
    Yes, so I get to return to all the nice weather!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrustratedGirl)
    Hahaha!! It must be sooo cool living in Spain!! Even though your ethnicity is English, would you find it hard adjusting to Britain?
    Ick. I'm awful at forums so I apologize for posting twice .

I've spent a few summers over in the U.K. living with my grandparents who are from Birmingham, so I doubt it will bother me.

Although I'm so used to beaches and the heat and whatnot. I think the cold and darkness may be hard to deal with at first, especially when I want to try out for the football team...:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiceToMeetYou)
    I'm doing discrete maths, so like half computer science haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought about doing Discrete maths but i didn't in the end, happy with computer science whatever :P

(Original post by mike380)
    I am I have put Sherborne then bluebell

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heronbank then Rootes for me, darn :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamthelad)
    Ick. I'm awful at forums so I apologize for posting twice .

I've spent a few summers over in the U.K. living with my grandparents who are from Birmingham, so I doubt it will bother me.

Although I'm so used to beaches and the heat and whatnot. I think the cold and darkness may be hard to deal with at first, especially when I want to try out for the football team...:coma:
    At least Warwick doesn't really get snow!

ReputationRep:
    Snows awesome. Although my experience of it has only been as a child when snow is fun. I imagine it can become a massive pain to live through.

Is it me or does the subject "discrete maths" just sound like maths is trying to hide something.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING MATHS!

What are you hiding?

ReputationRep:
    Snows awesome. Although my experience of it has only been as a child when snow is fun. I imagine it can become a massive pain to live through.

Is it me or does the subject "discrete maths" just sound like maths is trying to hide something.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING MATHS!

What are you hiding?
    The worst thing is when its really deep and the rain turns it to slush. There's one thing I won't miss about the North East this winter! Although I love those crisp mornings when there is a few inches of fresh snow and sunshine :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well over where I live we have these things called calimas. Essentially, dust from the Saharan dessert blows over into the air of the island, pushing the temperature up, practically blotting out the sun and leaving dust everywhere.

But then there are topless beaches so I can hardly complain...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Can anyone here give me a rough estimate of the prices for getting into gigs/parties in the Copper Rooms? On the SU website prices are being withheld until the 11th September and I wanted to check if it was worth the money buying the Platinum pass or just the passport

Congrats to everyone on here who got in!

ReputationRep:
    Well over where I live we have these things called calimas. Essentially, dust from the Saharan dessert blows over into the air of the island, pushing the temperature up, practically blotting out the sun and leaving dust everywhere.

But then there are topless beaches so I can hardly complain...
    Swings and roundabouts eh

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here not interested in drinking and clubbing like mee

ReputationRep:
    i'm not that interested in clubbing other than Crash (the rock/metal night).

Will probably end up going to a lot of the nights anyway, just to meet people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IbrahimKingx)
    Anyone here not interested in drinking and clubbing like mee
    To be honest, I've never been a huge party animal myself, but I thought I would buy one of the passes just to keep my options open I was a part of that scene a few years ago, but I think a lot of it's out of my system, now! I'm quite glad to see there seem to be many people like yourself who aren't too bothered with the partying! It makes me realize I'm not alone and I won't have to push myself to go out every night!

To be honest, I was a little worried about that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.