The Student Room Group

Ma social work 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clementinestaff
I've got my interview there next week and I (THINK!) it's my first choice, as I actually study within that department currently, so hopefully!

Hi you didn't quote me but are you interviewing at Bristol?

Whichever uni it is good luck!
Original post by Georgie_M
Hi you didn't quote me but are you interviewing at Bristol?

Whichever uni it is good luck!

Hahha yeah, I'm an idiot! Yes, Bristol next week :smile: How did you find the department and surroundings? :smile:
Original post by ImGlad2
I have no clue what happened, I'm such an idiot. Everything was going OK and then they asked me something about diversity and what it means to me and I started going into my own personal experiences with racism and suddenly I got all teary eyed and shakey voiced (which is totally out of character I'm not much of a crier). It was so embarrassing! It took me a little bit to regain my composure but I was still a little flustered the rest of the interview

And then they asked me how I deal with high pressure situations, evidently not very well

Honestly try not worry, I have a child so could only apply to my local uni and I thought I completely messed up the interview. I didn't cry but I was so nervous most people were in there 30mins and I was out in 10! At the end they asked me if I had anything else to strengthen my application and I just went 'err well obviously I had loads of stuff to say but it's all completely gone out of my head'. Haha... After years of preparing I spent 2 days crying but I got accepted later that week! honestly you never know and as another poster said they do look at the whole day and your application. Are you applying anywhere else?
Original post by clementinestaff
Hahha yeah, I'm an idiot! Yes, Bristol next week :smile: How did you find the department and surroundings? :smile:

I thought everyone was really nice, Emma Western was so helpful during the application procedure too, I'm from Bristol and actually at UWE at the moment so kind of familiar with the beautiful surroundings.
How are you feeling about the interview do you already know some of the lecturers?
I didn't do very well at the individual interview but that was through nerves, they didn't ask anything particularly surprising or difficult and the group interview was great, I actually really enjoyed it! I'm still waiting to find out if they're putting me forward for funding though so fingers crossed!
I thought everyone was really nice, Emma Western was so helpful during the application procedure too, I'm from Bristol and actually at UWE at the moment so kind of familiar with the beautiful surroundings.
How are you feeling about the interview do you already know some of the lecturers?
I didn't do very well at the individual interview but that was through nerves, they didn't ask anything particularly surprising or difficult and the group interview was great, I actually really enjoyed it! I'm still waiting to find out if they're putting me forward for funding though so fingers crossed!

Yeah Emma Western is really sweet and was really helpful for me. I'm quite nervous because it's my first choice, but I've done three other days that went well already so not toooo worried. Yeah, I really enjoy the group stuff, it's nice to start actually discussing these things cos they're so relevant and interesting! I do know some of the lectureres already, they're really great. yeah, I haven't heard from anywhere about funding, it's so difficult to try and gauge how well you did at interview.
Reply 185
Are you supposed to look at funding before you even get an offer?
Reply 186
Honestly try not worry, I have a child so could only apply to my local uni and I thought I completely messed up the interview. I didn't cry but I was so nervous most people were in there 30mins and I was out in 10! At the end they asked me if I had anything else to strengthen my application and I just went 'err well obviously I had loads of stuff to say but it's all completely gone out of my head'. Haha... After years of preparing I spent 2 days crying but I got accepted later that week! honestly you never know and as another poster said they do look at the whole day and your application. Are you applying anywhere else?

I know, I can't really know what they were really thinking... only giving me a glimmer of hope, thanks for the reassurance, means a lot :smile:
Original post by ImGlad2
Are you supposed to look at funding before you even get an offer?

No not really, only 80% (ish) of places are funded now and your university will chose who they put forward for funding (they usually go on interview scores but can use any method they wish - within reason). It is only once your university has offered you a funded place and told the NHS that you can apply for funding.
Reply 188
Reply 189
N thanks for wishing me LUCK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am I right in saying we cannot apply for social work bursary until May 1st? Just had a slight panic.
Has anyone had any info from Cardiff?? Ucas update or any info on the bursary ??
Reply 192
Yeah May 1st it opens on nhs web site
Original post by xsx14

Thanks hun I thought so! Phew!
Original post by Aimz1989
Has anyone had any info from Cardiff?? Ucas update or any info on the bursary ??

Hello!

I am wondering the same thing? I accepted Cardiff a few weeks back, and have heard nothing since. I thought they were meant to be sending out a fit to work questionnaire but i have had anything.

congratulations to everyone who has received offers :smile: x
Sorry that was meant to say haven't had anything !
Original post by xsx14

Have you given your certificates in and your other reference? I don't really understand who the other reference has to come from? I am going to go in tomorrow and give my certificates in and see if they can give me any more information on that.
Reply 197
Original post by EmmalouV
Have you given your certificates in and your other reference? I don't really understand who the other reference has to come from? I am going to go in tomorrow and give my certificates in and see if they can give me any more information on that.

Yeah I sent copies of mine in the post. My reference was my lecturer and if they require another reference I fess it would be from the place u got experience from, I'm going to use my volunteer placement but they haven't asked me for it I emailed admissions asking if they received my certificates they said yes and my ucas will be updated shortly to a unconditional offer so try not to worry about it but can u let me know what they say plz
Reply 198
Original post by xsx14
Yeah I sent copies of mine in the post. My reference was my lecturer and if they require another reference I fess it would be from the place u got experience from, I'm going to use my volunteer placement but they haven't asked me for it I emailed admissions asking if they received my certificates they said yes and my ucas will be updated shortly to a unconditional offer so try not to worry about it but can u let me know what they say plz

I called them I have pmed u
Reply 199
I got interviewed a week ago, on the 22nd.. I'm worried I haven't recieved an offer by now & the nhs applications open tomorrow and at this university the bursary's are allocated on a first come, first served basis? What do I do?

Or is the fact that it's been just over a week mean I won't get an offer?

Quick Reply

Latest