Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Mwahahaha! Yes, they do. It's an automated process in some stages.
    Thank you! Ahhh, better keep checking it every hour or so then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    You're probably right :rofl:

Yeah I think Warwick is a given but I'd still like to see the nice offer come up on track . Well Cambridge is debatable but for Durham and the others I think I will be fine

I know! what awful timing, they should have a week inbetween it. The potential Oxford mathmo's don't have any time at all to do SMC as they are preparing for the MAT
    'nice' offer?!? STEP => not nice at all, in my mind... And best of luck with Cambridge!

What maths marks do you think Durham will be looking for? I really want them as my insurance, and I don't know whether 97% is enough to give me a really high chance, especially since my C3 mark was pretty poor (85)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobar)
    Imagine if it was an actual offer.

Spooky.
    I know...hopefully in time my dream will literally come true!

(Original post by lisa96)
    What are you applying for?
    Maths how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    'nice' offer?!? STEP => not nice at all, in my mind... And best of luck with Cambridge!

What maths marks do you think Durham will be looking for? I really want them as my insurance, and I don't know whether 97% is enough to give me a really high chance, especially since my C3 mark was pretty poor (85)
    STEP is ok at the moment I've done about 10 questions from STEP I so far. Thanks good luck with Oxford as well!

I think high in the further pure/core modules. If C3 is an outlier you should be in luck. I recall you have something crazy like 95% ums average? if so then your C3 won't hold you back at all. my lowest is 79 in S1 lol . But I've got a 92.5% average overall with 96+ in all core/further pure modules
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AwkwardLemur)
    I know you have probably been asked this loads, but when did you apply, what for and who to?
    Don't worry I applied to:

Durham (biological anthropology)
    Kent (biological anthropology)
    Liverpool (evolutionary anthropology)
    York (bioarchaeology)
    Exeter (BSc anthropology)

How about you?!
    (Original post by r.anon24)
    Haha yesss hopefully. Your courses sound quite interesting too!
    Hehe thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone feel like screaming "JUST GIVE ME AN OFFER" at your track and then break down crying? No? just me then..

ReputationRep:
    My application has been approved by my referee! W00p. But my reference has not yet been started... The waiting game begins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy96)
    Don't worry I applied to:

Durham (biological anthropology)
    Kent (biological anthropology)
    Liverpool (evolutionary anthropology)
    York (bioarchaeology)
    Exeter (BSc anthropology)

How about you?!
    Ooooh, won't see you at uni but your courses look interesting! Mine were:

Birmingham - MSc Geography with an International Year
    Cambridge - BA Geography
    UCL - BSc Geography (International)
    Newcastle - BSc Geography
    Bristol - BSc Geography with Study in Continental Europe

I like travelling as you can probably tell! When did you apply? Have you got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    STEP is ok at the moment I've done about 10 questions from STEP I so far. Thanks good luck with Oxford as well!

I think high in the further pure/core modules. If C3 is an outlier you should be in luck. I recall you have something crazy like 95% ums average? if so then your C3 won't hold you back at all. my lowest is 79 in S1 lol . But I've got a 92.5% average overall with 96+ in all core/further pure modules
    Well done about the STEP I've managed to put it off so far - will properly start the day I get my rejection from Oxford and Imperial...

I had 97% average But it's only across C1-4 and S1-2 (i.e. no FP modules), so they might be slightly harsher? And I'm really hoping that you're right about the outlier thing - my average excluding C3 was 99.4%! (C3 was my favourite module too )

Was your S1 just you having a bad day, or do you hate stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlzi)
    Does anyone feel like screaming "JUST GIVE ME AN OFFER" at your track and then break down crying? No? just me then..
    YES

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer today with it being the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Sent my application on Friday!!!

Has anyone had any responses from Westminster (or in general), I keep checking even though I only sent it yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell_flames)
    Well done about the STEP I've managed to put it off so far - will properly start the day I get my rejection from Oxford and Imperial...

I had 97% average But it's only across C1-4 and S1-2 (i.e. no FP modules), so they might be slightly harsher? And I'm really hoping that you're right about the outlier thing - my average excluding C3 was 99.4%! (C3 was my favourite module too )

Was your S1 just you having a bad day, or do you hate stats?
    Thanks . Aww you can't be so sure you'll get rejected, there's always a chance you'll get in

Oh I see, no I don't think they personally will be, considering its 97% they would be foolish to reject you for that :P. S1 was a bad day generally, I just ran out of time . At least I can show them S1 isn't a good representation of my stats as I got 90 in S2 (it clashed with C2 so it was a bit harder to perfect)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks . Aww you can't be so sure you'll get rejected, there's always a chance you'll get in

Oh I see, no I don't think they personally will be, considering its 97% they would be foolish to reject you for that :P. S1 was a bad day generally, I just ran out of time . At least I can show them S1 isn't a good representation of my stats as I got 90 in S2 (it clashed with C2 so it was a bit harder to perfect)
    Aww, thanks

And oh, I see - I hate it when that happens Well done about S2 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    Booo! Admissions, huh? I will hate that word for life now! It's a thinking skills assessment for cambridge, I believe oxford does it too but with a scary essay at the end...
    HAHHA! oh I don't think that there is any need for that oh wow! well, best of luck to you then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyOnIce)
    HAHHA! oh I don't think that there is any need for that oh wow! well, best of luck to you then!
    Good luck to you too! We should keep each other posted on this thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only had an email acknowledgement from 1 of the unis i applied to. Paranoid no one got my application :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlossomS)
    Good luck to you too! We should keep each other posted on this thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely! You're going to wish you'd never said that, because now I want you to keep me posted concerning anything about your application! e.g. when you get offers from all your unis, when your admissions test goes brilliantly, when you're invited for your interview...etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capri)
    Only had an email acknowledgement from 1 of the unis i applied to. Paranoid no one got my application :-(
    That's nothing to worry about! some universities don't send an acknowledgement email when they've received your application! I got 4/5 acknowledgements, but my 5th one hasn't emailed regarding that - even though I know they have received my app, as UCAS has informed me of that, haha!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyOnIce)
    Definitely! You're going to wish you'd never said that, because now I want you to keep me posted concerning anything about your application! e.g. when you get offers from all your unis, when your admissions test goes brilliantly, when you're invited for your interview...etc
    Haha no worries, I can promise that when my admissions test goes brilliantly? *cough* I'll try to get it to go brilliantly Ahhh waiting truly is annoying!

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.