Turn on thread page Beta

Who will you vote for in 2015? watch

• View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in 2015?
    Labour
    27.61%
    Conservatives
    25.25%
    Lib Dems
    4.38%
    UKIP
    17.17%
    Other
    14.48%
    I'm not going to vote
    11.11%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octopus_Garden)
    Actually, he denies that there is global warming. He doesn't just deny anthropogenic climate change. He denies that there has been change. It's all a long natural cycle, apparently. I would call that denying change
    You call admitting that there is a rise in temperature but saying it's due to the natural progression of coming out of an ice age a denial of the climate changing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    No no I haven't stood before. I stood on the LGC panel interviewing the candidate, and acted as the co-agent.

We were 76 votes away last time, and we made some clear errors; if those errors are fixed or mitigated this time, I should be able to take it!

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Given that your applying to university is it a council or actual parliamentary election your going for? Love to myself though i'd have to go for a city seat since i'm on the more liberal and pragmatic side (as opposed to Peter Bone for example).

(Original post by und3niable_)
    Personally I think the education issue lies in poor primary education, not grades and exams..start from the bottom if you want something fixed.
    That's probably a very good point. The problem is that most people did their primary education a decade ago at least and so have no idea what is wrong today.

(Original post by StephenNaulls)
    So many right-wing elitists on here...
    Not at all. My parents have both been on welfare for more than a decade, i support the Tories because I've seen welfare dependency in action and also don't agree with a 'fat' overtaxing state.

Is it really so hard to accept that an aspirational working class man would find such a message appealing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Given that your applying to university is it a council or actual parliamentary election your going for? Love to myself though i'd have to go for a city seat since i'm on the more liberal and pragmatic side (as opposed to Peter Bone for example).

That's probably a very good point. The problem is that most people did their primary education a decade ago at least and so have no idea what is wrong today.

Not at all. My parents have both been on welfare for more than a decade, i support the Tories because I've seen welfare dependency in action and also don't agree with a 'fat' overtaxing state.

Is it really so hard to accept that an aspirational working class man would find such a message appealing.
    It'll be a council seat next year, but hopefully the following year a parliamentary election. I decided to take a spontaneous gap year which screwed with my plans a little :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    The last person to publicly call them racist never did so again....
    The Greens, yes, who have nothing to say on the deficit.
    Must just be the racists I know who support them:confused:

ReputationRep:

You're one person with a valid opinion that I agree with- but that doesn't change the attitudes of everyone on this thread. Hence, 'there are so many' I wasn't implying you were the only one...

ReputationRep:
    I will vote for the party who offers the electorate a referendum on the UK's relationship with Europe.
    I just had to check the definition of "democracy" because the current state of UK politics didnt match my definition, I was right. It doesnt matter who we vote for while unelected Europeans (Baroso et al) introduce laws and directives which are detrimental to the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGR1992)
    I will vote for the party who offers the electorate a referendum on the UK's relationship with Europe.
    I just had to check the definition of "democracy" because the current state of UK politics didnt match my definition, I was right. It doesnt matter who we vote for while unelected Europeans (Baroso et al) introduce laws and directives which are detrimental to the UK.
    If any incidence of a policy popular with the public but not held by any of the major parties of a country makes that country not a democracy, then you'd be hard pressed to find a democracy anywhere.

The Europe issue is not special in this regard. There have always been positions held by large proportions of the public but none of the major parties.

ReputationRep:
    I see everyone continues to fall for the great 2 party lie.

ReputationRep:
    Labour 52
    Conservatives 50

I despair...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thoyub)
    Conservatives stand for lower taxes and generally smaller and less intrusive government.

Labour stands for higher spending, higher taxes, higher debt, a police state and mass uncontrolled immigration. But it does protect badgers.

Lib dems stand for higher university tuition fees and generally being a downright nuisance.

UKIP stands for a temporary freeze on immigration, protecting national identity and tougher on crime, harsher sentences etc.
    since when did the Lib Dems want higher tuition fees? I do not support them btw.

ReputationRep:
    Conservative

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where is the BNP?
    People may not like them or say. they do not in public:-)
    Nonetheless they are a registered party so should be in the list,as should the Green party be....and others.....
    That aside,I vote for no-one,I used to be a member of Lib-Dems....something happened. 4 and a half years ago that made me move on,before coalition,something else.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Labour will won.

People and their views are not quite enough to know who is gong to be won the election, it's all an stratifies on which the whole country is working. However, the points of people of UK reflects might be it's possible that Labour will lead in the next election.....
    World News Headlines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)

I'm a Tory girl.
    really? i was sure you would vote Labour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekChicc)
    Why all the UKIP supporters? Do you want to live in a racist country?
    You need a better argument than that I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thoyub)
    Conservatives stand for lower taxes and generally smaller and less intrusive government.

Labour stands for higher spending, higher taxes, higher debt, a police state and mass uncontrolled immigration. But it does protect badgers.

Lib dems stand for higher university tuition fees and generally being a downright nuisance.

UKIP stands for a temporary freeze on immigration, protecting national identity and tougher on crime, harsher sentences etc.
    Cameron spent 700bn+ in 3 years which is 60% of 1 term while Blair and Brown combined only spent 400bn over a 13 year period.

Compare them both and Labour = 92 billion spending Tories = 700 billion spending.

I'll tell you where that money has gone. To private corporations shareholders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeekChicc)
    Why all the UKIP supporters? Do you want to live in a racist country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Cameron spent 700bn+ in 3 years which is 60% of 1 term while Blair and Brown combined only spent 400bn over a 13 year period.

Compare them both and Labour = 92 billion spending Tories = 700 billion spending.

I'll tell you where that money has gone. To private corporations shareholders.
    You realise that debt is simply a function of accumulated deficits relative to GDP.

If you run a 5% deficit with an economy of $1tn and i run a 5% deficit with an economy of $2tn i'm going to run up $50bn more in debt than you but the markets are still going to judge me just as safe because the overall size of my estate has increased and my outgoings are the same proportion as previously.

To the markets deficits are far more important than debt.

ReputationRep:
    You realise that debt is simply a function of accumulated deficits relative to GDP.

If you run a 5% deficit with an economy of $1tn and i run a 5% deficit with an economy of $2tn i'm going to run up $50bn more in debt than you but the markets are still going to judge me just as safe because the overall size of my estate has increased and my outgoings are the same proportion as previously.

To the markets deficits are far more important than debt.
    You make a good point. But essentially the Tories have borrowed more in 3 years than the whole of Labour combined in 13 years. I understand reducing the amount of payment via interest is the difference between bust and boom. I just want to know where that money has gone.

It should of spent on infrastructure. I understand about £300 bn of it was spent on servicing our debts but where has the other 1.5 trillion gone over 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    Only 7 are voting for the liberal democrats? Do you have any idea of their success in keeping the Tories from killing everyone over the past years? I know most are pissed about the student fees but come on have an objective mind, the fees would have raised regardless.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.