Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alien41)
    Yes you can still cook as there are communal kitchens as well. If you go for it, you'll probably end up only cooking dinner and having lunch from a place on campus...

Hahaha cool! Only picking 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How is it like sharing a bathroom with others? I wanted en-suites at first, but since there is a big difference of price between en-suites and standard rooms, now I start to consider Westwood or other options...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devils)
    How is it like sharing a bathroom with others? I wanted en-suites at first, but since there is a big difference of price between en-suites and standard rooms, now I start to consider Westwood or other options...
    Em well I've only experienced sharing bathroom with my sister at home/friends at sleepovers etc. So I can't tell you exactly what it'll be like at uni .

Most people don't end up having a major issue with it. According to the website, you'll share with 3-5 people so not too many but you should check I might be wrong. If you do go for it, I'd just say maybe put Norwood/Westwood before Eastwood as I don't think Eastwood has its bathrooms cleaned whilst the other two do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who has received an offer in the last few weeks yet heard anything about a post offer open day? I got my offer on the 25th So it's been quite a while now. I just wanted a chance to go and visit again properly!

ReputationRep:
    I keep thinking about having to shave my legs in the same area as other people shaving their legs and it makes me shiver a bit does this make me a shaving snob

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessykins)
    I keep thinking about having to shave my legs in the same area as other people shaving their legs and it makes me shiver a bit does this make me a shaving snob
    No. Not at all! I'm guessing you're thinking ensuite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right, I have firmed Bath and put Loughborough as insurance. Decision made!

ReputationRep:
    Trying to sort out my preferences but not sure what to put as my third/fourth choice?! So far I've decided: Marlbrough/Sols -> Westwood. But I don't know about the others.
    For third place it's a toss up between Norwood and The Quads. Issue I have: Norwood is literally on top of everything which I don't like. It's not to do with the nose but I like to 'get' to places not just walk down a flight of stairs and arrive. But the rooms are much bigger than the Quads.
    And the Quads, basically the opposite. It'll take me longer to travel to a few places (which I want) but the rooms are tiny!! So I don't know what to choose!!
    Any opinions??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie1986)
    Right, I have firmed Bath and put Loughborough as insurance. Decision made!
    Good choice !

ReputationRep:
    Trying to sort out my preferences but not sure what to put as my third/fourth choice?! So far I've decided: Marlbrough/Sols -> Westwood. But I don't know about the others.
    For third place it's a toss up between Norwood and The Quads. Issue I have: Norwood is literally on top of everything which I don't like. It's not to do with the nose but I like to 'get' to places not just walk down a flight of stairs and arrive. But the rooms are much bigger than the Quads.
    And the Quads, basically the opposite. It'll take me longer to travel to a few places (which I want) but the rooms are tiny!! So I don't know what to choose!!
    Any opinions??
    I thought we only have to put one choice? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought we only have to put one choice? :confused:
    Yes, I've started to hear this rumour floating about!! I'm so confused!! On the official representative thread, I was told you get four choices and it was four choices last year too. But all of I sudden people on TSR as saying it's one choice?!! So I don't know now. Have you heard this from TSR or from someone at bath?

ReputationRep:
    Bath accommodation told me last week that you put 4 choices down. Regarding the Quads vs Norwood, I don't think anyone can advise you on that. They are very different and it just depends on your priorities.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've started to hear this rumour floating about!! I'm so confused!! On the official representative thread, I was told you get four choices and it was four choices last year too. But all of I sudden people on TSR as saying it's one choice?!! So I don't know now. Have you heard this from TSR or from someone at bath?
    I am so confused now:eek:
    I heard this from TSR! But if the official representative said we get 4 choices, I guess it's correct.
    I guess I'll prepare four choices, so it'll be fine no matter we get 1 or 4 choices.

ReputationRep:
    Bath accommodation told me last week that you put 4 choices down. Regarding the Quads vs Norwood, I don't think anyone can advise you on that. They are very different and it just depends on your priorities.
    Phew! Thanks for clearing that up! Started having a little bit of a meltdown! I now think I'll put Norwood as third just because I think with the bigger room it'll be better value for money. And I'm sure there will be opportunities for me to 'get' to places. Maybe I'll take up a sport so I can travel to the sports centre a couple of times a week or so.
    I'm such a weirdo. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your info! It's seriously helpful! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    I am so confused now:eek:
    I heard this from TSR! But if the official representative said we get 4 choices, I guess it's correct.
    I guess I'll prepare four choices, so it'll be fine no matter we get 1 or 4 choices.
    Yeah, I'd say be prepared for both scenarios!
    I hope we get four, or even at least three, as I think if I don't get M/S after putting as my one and only choice, they'll stick me in the quads, which I wouldn't want. Would prefer Westwood....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd say be prepared for both scenarios!
    I hope we get four, or even at least three, as I think if I don't get M/S after putting as my one and only choice, they'll stick me in the quads, which I wouldn't want. Would prefer Westwood....
    We have such similar preference towards accommodation!
    After talking with my parents an hour ago, they told me not to worry too much about the financial issue, so I end up choosing M/S, although I still really love Westwood!
    So my preference is M/S -> Westwood -> Norwood -> Quads, which is so similar to yours!

ReputationRep:
    We have such similar preference towards accommodation!
    After talking with my parents an hour ago, they told me not to worry too much about the financial issue, so I end up choosing M/S, although I still really love Westwood!
    So my preference is M/S -> Westwood -> Norwood -> Quads, which is so similar to yours!
    Identical actually! I decided to put Norwood over the Quads! So there is a 25% chance we could end up in the same accommodation (right? my maths sucks)....interesting. You clearly have good taste!
    P.S. If money isn't an issue (lucky for some ) why not put in Woodland?

ReputationRep:
    Identical actually! I decided to put Norwood over the Quads! So there is a 25% chance we could end up in the same accommodation (right? my maths sucks)....interesting. You clearly have good taste!
    P.S. If money isn't an issue (lucky for some ) why not put in Woodland?
    Maybe we'll end up in the same accommodation, so we can walk to Psychology department together every day! Yay! :love:
    Woodland is a popular option, so I think it's a bit risky to put it as the second choice. (I have learned my lesson in Durham, I applied for an oversubscribed college and end up getting reallocated to one of my least favourite colleges )
    Also, I just really love Westwood too!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we'll end up in the same accommodation, so we can walk to Psychology department together every day! Yay! :love:
    Woodland is a popular option, so I think it's a bit risky to put it as the second choice. (I have learned my lesson in Durham, I applied for an oversubscribed college and end up getting reallocated to one of my least favourite colleges )
    Also, I just really love Westwood too!
    Haha yeah that could be fun!
    Ah very sensible! Which Durham college did to apply then get allocated to?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah that could be fun!
    Ah very sensible! Which Durham college did to apply then get allocated to?
    I applied for Chads, since it is small and traditional, but I am reallocated to Collingwood, which is big and informal...total opposite.
    Now I start to like Collingwood because of its friendliness, but I won't make the same mistake again in Bath. :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 14, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.