Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Orient are imploding spectacularly, this is enjoyable.

I believe in terms of away following averages this season it's Leeds followed by Wolves. Cov must be up their to, I remember they took loads to MK.
    I really didn't mean this season! We are in the top 10-15 for away support across that though I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Midlander was obviously just highlighting a one off statistic about a particular game.

Lovely to see Orient 2-0 down at home to Bristol City. Really really hope we capitalise tomorrow away at Sheffield United but we've got a few injuries building up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Midlander was obviously just highlighting a one off statistic about a particular game.

Lovely to see Orient 2-0 down at home to Bristol City. Really really hope we capitalise tomorrow away at Sheffield United but we've got a few injuries building up.
    Cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lost 1-0 to Brighton. That's McDermott sacked tomorrow.

1. Leicester 30 21 4 5 54:30 67
    2. Burnley 30 16 11 3 46:24 59
    3. QPR 29 16 8 5 36:21 56
    4. Derby 30 16 7 7 58:40 55
    5. Nottingham 30 14 12 4 50:30 54
    6. Reading 30 13 8 9 47:35 47
    7. Brighton 30 12 10 8 32:25 46
    8. Ipswich 30 11 11 8 43:34 44
    9. Wigan 29 12 7 10 33:28 43
    10. Blackburn 30 11 10 9 37:35 43
    11. Leeds 30 12 6 12 43:39 42
    12. Middlesbrough 30 9 12 9 41:35 39
    13. Watford 29 9 11 9 43:37 38
    14. Huddersfield 30 10 7 13 38:41 37
    15. Bournemouth 29 9 8 12 36:49 35
    16. Blackpool 30 8 10 12 28:42 34
    17. Sheffield Wed 29 7 12 10 36:37 33
    18. Birmingham 30 8 9 13 36:38 33
    19. Bolton 30 6 11 13 34:48 29
    20. Doncaster 30 7 8 15 26:45 29
    21. Millwall 30 6 9 15 30:58 27
    22. Charlton 28 5 9 14 23:38 24
    23. Barnsley 28 4 10 14 27:47 22
    24. Yeovil 29 5 6 18 26:47 21

ReputationRep:
    FFs Bradford losing and the manager is out of ideas. Thats 1 in 21 games absolutley useless. Parky looking on the verge of getting sacked. #Relegation # Dark days

ReputationRep:
    LOOOOOL - http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/11/joey-b...artin-4299991/

If it were any other player, there would be talk of disciplinary action. Just because it's Barton though, they make light of it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    We're leicester city, and we're top of the league!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akash16)
    We're leicester city, and we're top of the league!!!!!!!!!
    Just in time to avoid sanctions for years of ridiculous overspending too-congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Just in time to avoid sanctions for years of ridiculous overspending too-congratulations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You realise that actually we are complying with FFP. Oh and one summer in a decade is hardly years of - Svens one summer window aside we haven't spent big since tater peeler. Big spending Leicester is one of the biggest myths in the football league - Jordan Rhodes cost about as much as our entire first XI

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We'r top of the league ,we're top of the top of the league! THERES ONLY ONE NIGEL PEARSON!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    You realise that actually we are complying with FFP. Oh and one summer in a decade is hardly years of - Svens one summer window aside we haven't spent big since tater peeler. Big spending Leicester is one of the biggest myths in the football league - Jordan Rhodes cost about as much as our entire first XI

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How much are you losing per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    How much are you losing per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard to tell given the recent wiping out of the debt - we'd lost 51.5m over 3 seasons between 2009 and 2012, but as part of that debt wipe we've got a £10m cushion there as part of FFP - the dealings this season combined with our mass sale (Mills, Wellens, Beckford, Peltier all gone, Danns & Gallagher out on loan...) means at the moment we're not going to make an £8m loss for this season - we won't be stung by FFP. If you want to focus on any team with regards to FFP, it's Forest, they are well in the red as far as FFP is concerned, they've pretty much ignored it (from what I've heard they think it won't hold up in court so aren't bothered trying to comply with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Hard to tell given the recent wiping out of the debt - we'd lost 51.5m over 3 seasons between 2009 and 2012, but as part of that debt wipe we've got a £10m cushion there as part of FFP - the dealings this season combined with our mass sale (Mills, Wellens, Beckford, Peltier all gone, Danns & Gallagher out on loan...) means at the moment we're not going to make an £8m loss for this season - we won't be stung by FFP. If you want to focus on any team with regards to FFP, it's Forest, they are well in the red as far as FFP is concerned, they've pretty much ignored it (from what I've heard they think it won't hold up in court so aren't bothered trying to comply with it.
    The latest Leicester accounts did not make encouraging reading. It shouldn't look like I'm singling them out, so many other teams have made a joke of the League's attempts to encourage prudent running of their clubs. Cardiff being the biggest case in point.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We'r top of the league ,we're top of the top of the league! THERES ONLY ONE NIGEL PEARSON!
    It's going to be hilarious when you go straight back down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    It's going to be hilarious when you go straight back down.
    Naa mate I tell you what's hilarious...25 points ahead of you mans hahaha! WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

ReputationRep:
    Naa mate I tell you what's hilarious...25 points ahead of you mans hahaha! WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!
    You're just like a 10 year old. Embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I posted this yesterday and I got a fantastic response, so now I only need a few more people to take part..

For those who don't know, i'm doing a survey on football sponsorship for my final year project at Uni. I need some non United or City fans to take part, so I guess this is the perfect place! lol

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/103171PQOSR

It literally takes 1-2mins and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrows)
    You're just like a 10 year old. Embarrassing.
    They don't call it Incester for nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A92)
    Hi guys,

I posted this yesterday and I got a fantastic response, so now I only need a few more people to take part..

For those who don't know, i'm doing a survey on football sponsorship for my final year project at Uni. I need some non United or City fans to take part, so I guess this is the perfect place! lol

Thanks
    Not sure this thread is the best place to get results for that survey as why on earth would anybody who doesn't support man city have an opinion on their sponsorship :confused: I honestly couldn't finish your survey as I had no opinion what so ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A92)
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Not sure this thread is the best place to get results for that survey as why on earth would anybody who doesn't support man city have an opinion on their sponsorship :confused: I honestly couldn't finish your survey as I had no opinion what so ever.
    I answered this when they posted in the chat section. It isn't even really about City, more about Etihad Airways.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.