Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoKnew107)
    Congrats! Did you just get an email?
    Congratulations!

Yeah you should receive an email with a letter attached telling you the date and time of interview. I got mine from a Victoria I think so if that name pops up in your inbox haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyHoccom)
    Congratulations!

Yeah you should receive an email with a letter attached telling you the date and time of interview. I got mine from a Victoria I think so if that name pops up in your inbox haha
    I think goldsmiths have forgotten about me :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonnie)
    Oh yay! Thank god haha. Hmm yeah when I went to the interview I got such a good feel from the place. The tutors were so friendly, facilities are great and the space you get is awesome. I've read that at Chelsea the space is kinda small and there is no dark room facilities for photography which is a little off putting for me. What other unis have you applied for?
    the studio space seemed the same size as it's competitors. They have no dark room or print facilities for BA fine art, but I brought this up in my interview and was told that, although he couldn't guarantee, some students go to camberwell or wimbledon to use those facilities. But he did advise if print or film photography is central to your practice then go to camberwell or wimbledon

ReputationRep:
    Starting to think the same I've had all my interviews now and haven't even heard back from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Yay! Goldsmiths interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I've been flicking through the discussion and its all so helpful! Just happy to see that Im not the only one still waiting on some unis. Ive applied for BA Fine art at chelsea, goldsmith, westminster, metropolitan and slade. But I'm still waiting on chelsea and goldsmith to get back to me, is anyone else still waiting? Also, i got into Metropolitan, does anyone know if its a good uni for fine art?

thanks!
    I'm still waiting on Goldsmiths :/ if you're talking about London Metropolitan I know a few people who went there and it's really not very good, i've been to several degree shows and the standard of work is poor. I'd say the only advantage is the location!

ReputationRep:
    When will we hear back from Chelsea? God mine was horrid, she was expecting mostly 2D work and now I have a lot of moving image and installation based work and I she seemed concerned about my sudden change in practice. I explained why but I'm not expecting good news. Anyone else got st martins tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omifeeney)
    I'm still waiting on Goldsmiths :/ if you're talking about London Metropolitan I know a few people who went there and it's really not very good, i've been to several degree shows and the standard of work is poor. I'd say the only advantage is the location!
    Thanks for this! Such a shame that it's good poor reviews because when I went there I got such a good feel from the tutors and the place. Do you know anyone who is on the fine arts degree now ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kasiapapi)
    Anyone got an interview at the Slade on 14th march? I'll be in London just for three days and would love to talk to someone who applied there as well
    i have an interview on the 14th at 2.25 pm, what time is yours? would be happy to chat!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesChains)
    When will we hear back from Chelsea? God mine was horrid, she was expecting mostly 2D work and now I have a lot of moving image and installation based work and I she seemed concerned about my sudden change in practice. I explained why but I'm not expecting good news. Anyone else got st martins tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure how mine went either. It's hard to tell when they look through your work without you! When I talked about what I thought my strongest piece was he obviously didn't agree and asked me to talk about another piece which I didn't think was as strong. I also questioned them about their lack of print facilities which I tried to swing back by saying 'I'm not sure if it's something I will continue with or not, it's hard to say where my work will go, so I'm just looking at options' but he did say students there have access to camberwells print and dark room which is the answer I wanted! But I'm really not sure what he thought of me :/ I asked when id hear back and they said they have interviews this week and next week, and that applicants should hear back very shortly after thAt x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this! Such a shame that it's good poor reviews because when I went there I got such a good feel from the tutors and the place. Do you know anyone who is on the fine arts degree now ?
    That's ok. I had the opposite feeling, I went for an open day and wasn't impressed. I had friends that went and graduated last summer. But they (and they're classmates) mostly left with 2:2s and didn't seem to get that much from the course in comparison for others. Someone from my current course went for an interview there and she said they were late (their fault, not hers) and rushed her interview so she had less than 5 minutes and she was really upset about it and said they didn't even look at her work properly. So I've only really had negative experiences from there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arty)
    Yay! Goldsmiths interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

Nah, at my Kingston interview today, practically everyone had applied to Goldsmiths and no one has heard back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's possible she only said that to see how well you could defend your artistic decisions. Don't give up hope.

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Kingston. When I got the e-mail from UCAS I thought it was Goldsmiths rejecting me. Such a relief.

Edit: Also got an interview from Goldsmiths. It's been a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helveticeld)
    I have an offer from Kingston I got the e-mail from UCAS I thought it was Goldsmiths rejecting me. Such a relief.

Edit: Also got an interview from Goldsmiths. It's been a good day.
    I had goldsmiths email me to say I've been given interviews for joint and single honours on the same day so I'm happy! And I've heard from Chelsea and they didn't give me an offer due to the competitive nature of the course haha :') but the head of fine art at Wimbledon want to see me as I've been highly recommended by Chelsea be given a place there. So it's not all bad hallelujah.

I hope whoever else has applied to Chelsea gets a place though!

ReputationRep:
    I had goldsmiths email me to say I've been given interviews for joint and single honours on the same day so I'm happy! And I've heard from Chelsea and they didn't give me an offer due to the competitive nature of the course haha :') but the head of fine art at Wimbledon want to see me as I've been highly recommended by Chelsea be given a place there. So it's not all bad hallelujah.

I hope whoever else has applied to Chelsea gets a place though!
    Ahhh unlucky man, I'm still yet to hear from them. How soon did you hear back.Those interviews were tragic though. I had my st martins on Thursday an it went so much better and it felt far more humane. Ya still got goldsmiths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh unlucky man, I'm still yet to hear from them. How soon did you hear back.Those interviews were tragic though. I had my st martins on Thursday an it went so much better and it felt far more humane. Ya still got goldsmiths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hear back yesterday afternoon so I'm guessing they're starting to go through the applications. Haha yeah the Chelsea interview was a slightly bizarre experience I just hope my goldsmiths one is better. You'll have to let us know when you hear from Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    I hear back yesterday afternoon so I'm guessing they're starting to go through the applications. Haha yeah the Chelsea interview was a slightly bizarre experience I just hope my goldsmiths one is better. You'll have to let us know when you hear from Chelsea
    Sorry about Chelsea but well done for Goldsmiths and Wimbledon. At least that softens the blow a bit.
    What was bizarre about Chelsea? People tend to say Chelsea interviews are weird. Not bad necessarily, just weird. :confused:
    I've heard the Goldsmiths interview is like an interrogation. haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelveticaBold)
    Sorry about Chelsea but well done for Goldsmiths and Wimbledon. At least that softens the blow a bit.
    What was bizarre about Chelsea? People tend to say Chelsea interviews are weird. Not bad necessarily, just weird. :confused:
    I've heard the Goldsmiths interview is like an interrogation. haha.
    Haha I found it bizarre personally because at my Westminster interview you just went and had a one to one with a tutor where you shown them your work. But at Chelsea they went through the portfolio as a team without students being in there then you went back in afterwards for a 10minute one to one where they just ask you questions :')
    Yeah I'm not disheartened by Chelsea as the course leader from Wimbledon explained that the head of fine art at Chelsea loved my work just that there weren't enough places on the course but I'm okay with that.

Oh god haha that sounds like fun I can't wait to see what its gonna be like at Goldsmiths

ReputationRep:
    Haha I found it bizarre personally because at my Westminster interview you just went and had a one to one with a tutor where you shown them your work. But at Chelsea they went through the portfolio as a team without students being in there then you went back in afterwards for a 10minute one to one where they just ask you questions :')
    Yeah I'm not disheartened by Chelsea as the course leader from Wimbledon explained that the head of fine art at Chelsea loved my work just that there weren't enough places on the course but I'm okay with that.

Oh god haha that sounds like fun I can't wait to see what its gonna be like at Goldsmiths
    I don't think you've missed out by not being offered a place there. I don't think it sounds that great. At interview the guy told me there was 25 people in the tutor groups, compared to camberwells 7 or 8, and they have nothing in the way of print or dark rooms, which I think is really quite poor? Personally, I think Wimbledon would be better!
    I'm still waiting to hear from Goldsmiths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omifeeney)
    I don't think you've missed out by not being offered a place there. I don't think it sounds that great. At interview the guy told me there was 25 people in the tutor groups, compared to camberwells 7 or 8, and they have nothing in the way of print or dark rooms, which I think is really quite poor? Personally, I think Wimbledon would be better!
    I'm still waiting to hear from Goldsmiths!
    Haha yeah I don't mind it really I was pleased though that they got Wimbledon to give me a place even if it is on the sculpture course when my work is fine art :'). Don't worry goldsmiths will get back at some point they must have a lot of people to get through I only heard off them because I changed my joint honours interview day because I plan to be in Poland at that point haha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2014
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.