Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Top Queen)
    He is a saint. I exist for a reason, don't ever say such a thing, life is a gift. I help out with the housework whenever I can. He has a maid and he hates me doing work.
    Don't you ever have this epiphany of self-respect? 'He stopped me from washing up a dish... hey, that's not attractive or endearing, that's incredibly condescending and I refuse to be coddled like an infant who needs looking after and adoring every moment of the day...' No? Doesn't sound familiar?

You can love someone, think they are your world, want to treat them and pamper them, without also limiting their own actions and dictating what they are 'allowed' to do based on what's between their legs.

(Original post by samba)
    You're a cutie ya know :yes:
    :curious:

(Original post by Steezy)
    What is the reason? What do you bring to the table?
    If ya look in made threads, she did one yesterday asking TSR why her boyfriend loves her so much when she does very little to contribute to the relationship or earn that love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    If I have my card out first to pay, and she tries to split 50/50 or something or make an issue out of it, I'd find it embarrassing tbh.If she wants to pay, she can beat me to the punch and have her card out instead :p:

Nothing against a girl paying for me though, as long as she gets there first :p: Once my card is out, it's on me.

I remember being bored one night and meeting up with a TSR user for curry. I actually took a friend too and tried to hook the two of them up :teehee: Anyway, by the time I had my card out it was obviously obvious I was gonna pay for all three of us. Only £70 or so anyway. My mate didn't even blink, but this girl wanted to pay 'her share' or something :rofl: So unnecessary.

On the other hand I had an ex who had a rich daddy. Didn't even bother getting my card out in that situation. Credit limit would have been instafried.
    £70 for curry?! That had to have been laced with gold and diamonds! Sure I wouldn't mind if a guy paid for my £5.50 chinese takeaway, but there's no way I would have let a stranger pay £70 for the table., I'd at least try to shove a £20 into your bag if I was there. You're really generous

Now I know. I have to ninja my card out and pay for the meal before anyone even notices what happened :lol:

ReputationRep:
    What is the reason? What do you bring to the table?
    You're confused.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=awe;47180507]Don't you ever have this epiphany of self-respect? 'He stopped me from washing up a dish... hey, that's not attractive or endearing, that's incredibly condescending and I refuse to be coddled like an infant who needs looking after and adoring every moment of the day...' No? Doesn't sound familiar?

You can love someone, think they are your world, want to treat them and pamper them, without also limiting their own actions and dictating what they are 'allowed' to do based on what's between their legs.

I like it.

ReputationRep:
    You're confused.
    I'm not confused.. You're stupid

ReputationRep:
    I'm not confused.. You're stupid
    Of course I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awe)
    If ya look in made threads, she did one yesterday asking TSR why her boyfriend loves her so much when she does very little to contribute to the relationship or earn that love.
    I can't really be arsed to waste any more of my time on such a wet person.

ReputationRep:
    ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaegon Targaryen)
    I'm making assumptions here but you seem like the type to become a trophy wife , once your sole worth begins to diminish , hes gonna seek a new younger model , I guarantee it
    I'm sure she's a right munter, so she won't be a trophy anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    £70 for curry?! That had to have been laced with gold and diamonds! Sure I wouldn't mind if a guy paid for my £5.50 chinese takeaway, but there's no way I would have let a stranger pay £70 for the table., I'd at least try to shove a £20 into your bag if I was there. You're really generous

Now I know. I have to ninja my card out and pay for the meal before anyone even notices what happened :lol:
    That's what it costs in a decent place!!! £10 for mains, £5 for deserts, £5 for starters, £10 for drinks/beers!!!! I'd be quite offended if somebody tried to shove money in my bag though Just pay next time if there is one or whatever!

And exactly, always ninja out the card (I have it ready hidden in my pocket as soon as we order the bill)

ReputationRep:
    If females want equality, for example I want to be paid the same as men and be treated the same in the workplace as I graduate. I want the same opportunities as them. Women demand this, we can't keep expecting me to always foot the bill. We can't have the perks of equality and none of the cons.

It's nice when the guy offers to pay, but I like to pay too, if he gets dinner I'll get cinema tickets etc. Also if it's his birthday, then I'll pay, if you care about someone it's nice to treat them regardless of your gender. If one partner has a lot more money, or say one has a grad job and the other is still at uni then it's understandable that one partner pays more often.

Also how would this work for lesbian/gay couples? I'm assuming you split the bill each time, depending on the couple which seems fair.

ReputationRep:
    I like to pay my way, mainly because I'm not a money grabber.

ReputationRep:
    I am a virgin.
    Your a Virgin you don't live with your boyfriend and your childless & I'll say well done for being a opportunist and if your boyfriend was my friend I would tell him he is a mug.

ReputationRep:
    Pay for myself unless they insist and they take pride in that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jokerjon)
    Your a Virgin you don't live with your boyfriend and your childless & I'll say well done for being a opportunist and if your boyfriend was my friend I would tell him he is a mug.
    Loooool, he's not a mug he is just nice!

ReputationRep:
    If you ask me,answer is: boys

ReputationRep:
    At first boy should pay if he asks 'I'll take you out'.If in an established relationship then if you earn the same halves but if one earns more I think they should treat the other sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend never split, I think it's sad. Why would we wanna be trying to calculate exactly how much each should pay, it's bad enough doing it with friends. Most times my boyfriend pays, sometimes I pay. I don't mind paying for my boyfriend now, because he's been paying for me for so long, I thinks it's a gentleman thing to do,
    Dividing in half isn't really that hard to calculate. Even if you're against splitting but want equality your alternate.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for two years. Well he actually tells me I'm his princess and he doesn't want me to worry about anything, he just wants me to enjoy it so I've just been doing that for two years. Love isn't about money, I fell in love with him before we even went on a date, we just used to hang out in groups.

You should because it's a gentleman thing to do. I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to pay for the rent etc, of course we should take turns etc, but if he can't pay for our days out or at least most of them..
    Essentially he's got to have enough money to buy you?

ReputationRep:

I like it.
    Then why don't you want to treat and pamper him? Obviously what's between your legs should matter, as you say.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 24, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.