13.41%
    I managed to finish the paper but didn't check
    26.83%
    I missed off a few of the questions
    37.80%
    I missed >half of the questions
    3.66%

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, another thing. How did people clarify that there was more the one frequency within the superimposed wave in question 2. How did you account for the fundamental frequency too?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 310
Size:  4.2 KB
    Just made this.

Not sure if this is right, but I said that the evenly spaced peaks accounted for the fundamental frequency and that the smaller oscillations in-between showed the presence of more than one frequency.

Was the number of electrons something like 5x10^7?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clai)
    I think I got the same as you. Rounded it to 463 Ohms though.

And yeah I used:
    V(out) = R1/(R1+R2) +V(s)
    x Vs not +

ReputationRep:
    I don't have much hope for lower grade boundaries: they get higher each year, and it's often not to do with the difficulty of the paper, they just want less people to get As.
    Roll on May '15 re-sits...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get the mechanical properties use of graphene of making them into carbon nanotubes that could then be used for new age composites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AssortedMayhem)
    Surely, though, the charge carrier density refers to the number of charge carriers, rather than their mass? Wikipedia (unreliable, I know) says m^-3.
    Ah... I think you're right. There goes another mark wheeee

ReputationRep:
    I put cpu and nanotubes for uses of graphene,
    also thought the raindrop was 10^-6 because it had a diameter of 0.5mm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    x Vs not +
    Yeah sorry typo

ReputationRep:
    Hey were you supposed to draw the lines closer together and draw the focal point closer to the lens for the lens question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AssortedMayhem)
    Was the one about justifying the image length 4.76 or 5.26? I'm sure the question said 5% over...
    I got 5.26 for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kimango)
    Hey were you supposed to draw the lines closer together and draw the focal point closer to the lens for the lens question?
    wavelength stays constant and focal length further away due to lower refractive index

ReputationRep:
    No further, if it has a lower refractive index it doesn't bend light as much, the the focal point will be further from it and you will therefore have to draw more wavefronts to get to it.

That's what I got anyway...

ReputationRep:
    So the paper started really well. Section A was fine. Then section B was so strange. Literally Nothing on materials? Which is meant to be 1/3 of the paper. On top of that, I ran out of time. 1 hour is far to short. Circuit was alright and so was the bits and bites. Last page and that STM question baffled me a bit

ReputationRep:
    Wood is 10^3
    Infrared is 10^-6
    Raindrop is 10^-6

Frequency is s^-1
    Charge carrier density is m^-3
    Lens power is m^-1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yohollyyo)
    I don't have much hope for lower grade boundaries: they get higher each year, and it's often not to do with the difficulty of the paper, they just want less people to get As.
    Roll on May '15 re-sits...
    The January 2013 OCR MEI FP1 was the lowest ever because of quite a hard paper (not as hard as this one though).

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone that completed the paper? Everyone that I have spoken to ran out of time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by owenprosser)
    Is there anyone that completed the paper? Everyone that I have spoken to ran out of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I completed it, but I did a terrible job on last part of the last question. I think some from my school completed it, but a majority didn't

ReputationRep:
    Further away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhtiger)
    I completed it, but I did a terrible job on last part of the last question. I think some from my school completed it, but a majority didn't
    I did a quick calculation with m = v / u for the last question. The magnified image was smaller than the area of the CCD, therefore it would not be readable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minecraft27)
    The resistance of the LDR... anyone else get 463.2 ohms!?
    Yes!!!!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.