Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

St John's College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
mad_mc_52
I nearly hyperventilated when I read that bit. :eek:

Aye, toto8462 has that effect on the ladies.

And 4 days!! :eek:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 181
KAISER_MOLE
Aye, toto8462 has that effect on the ladies.

And 4 days!! :eek:

Ouch... Watch out for the nasty mathmo...

Actually, i think really she meant her heart skipped a beat - in this case, i have been known to have that effect...
Reply 182
toto8462
Ouch... Watch out for the nasty mathmo...

Actually, i think really she meant her heart skipped a beat - in this case, i have been known to have that effect...

Dear God, what have I started????? *sigh*
Reply 183
mad_mc_52
Dear God, what have I started????? *sigh*

Blame the mathmo... :biggrin:

On a more serious note, are most people going up on the Saturday?
Reply 184
toto8462
Blame the mathmo... :biggrin:

On a more serious note, are most people going up on the Saturday?

I'll do that - they should be blamed for everything :p:

And yes, I'm going up on the Saturday. I wanted to be there on the 1st day rather than the 2nd so I can meet more people, get settled in, etc. I'll probably arrive around lunchtime!
Reply 185
mad_mc_52
I'll do that - they should be blamed for everything :p:

And yes, I'm going up on the Saturday. I wanted to be there on the 1st day rather than the 2nd so I can meet more people, get settled in, etc. I'll probably arrive around lunchtime!

Yea, me too. Saturday seems as good a time as any. I also wish to be there for the start - i'm pretty eager right now! (I'm sure the eagerness will dissipate within the first week of lectures or so!)

I didnt realise i had a lawyer on my hands! Now dont you lawyers consider the above as slander? (probably libel considering its on the internet)

I will be careful of what i say from here on in...
Well, I'll be there from Tuesday (NatSci), so you can both come and see me as soon as you arrive! Yay! Isn't that fantastic! Etc.!
Reply 187
toto8462
Yea, me too. Saturday seems as good a time as any. I also wish to be there for the start - i'm pretty eager right now! (I'm sure the eagerness will dissipate within the first week of lectures or so!)

I didnt realise i had a lawyer on my hands! Now dont you lawyers consider the above as slander? (probably libel considering its on the internet)

I will be careful of what i say from here on in...

It would be libel...if it could be proven to be false and is in the public interest...

Oh yeah, and I'm going up on Saturday...2pm :cool:
Reply 188
jimlin
It would be libel...if it could be proven to be false and is in the public interest...

Oh yeah, and I'm going up on Saturday...2pm :cool:

Well that is fairly definitive. The way i see it:

- mathmos should be blamed for everything...

- It is in the public interst that they are blamed for everything...

Therefore its not libel. I reckon i could do this lawyer stuff...
Reply 189
toto8462
Well that is fairly definitive. The way i see it:

- mathmos should be blamed for everything...

- It is in the public interst that they are blamed for everything...

Therefore its not libel. I reckon i could do this lawyer stuff...

hehe...fancy a swap? please. me + law = :confused:
Reply 190
Has anyone been in touch with their Johnian parents yet????
Reply 191
How do you find out who your parents are? I thought we get told when we get there? :confused:
Reply 192
I don't know how you find out...though I do know someone going to another college who has been written to by his college dad and two college mums (apparently bigamy is ok...). So long as they find out who their 'children' are, I guess that it's up to the parents to contact you before term starts if they want...I just thought it was the norm to hear from them during this time.
Reply 193
I think that you guys just get notes in your pigeonholes and have to find them yourselves (or be found). Unless it's radically changed since my boyfriend was a fresher.
Reply 194
Ok cool. thanks :smile:
It hasn't changed... unless they have an exciting new system. I don't think parents find out until they go back either, quite possibly in the same way. Helenia... call me crazy... but is your boyfriend *********... I only ask because I rowed with him in the January - Easter term and remember him getting some playful banter about a girlfriend we passed in a Clare boat....

I hope I have a nice family... or a family at all for that matter...
Reply 196
JerseyKopite
It hasn't changed... unless they have an exciting new system. I don't think parents find out until they go back either, quite possibly in the same way. Helenia... call me crazy... but is your boyfriend ******** I only ask because I rowed with him in the January - Easter term and remember him getting some playful banter about a girlfriend we passed in a Clare boat....

I hope I have a nice family... or a family at all for that matter...

Oooh, I know the answer to your question! I feel so important. :wink: Better leave it to Helen to confirm or deny, however.

P.S. Helen, I heard you guys were filmed interviewing patients yesterday. Was that as awful as it sounds??
Reply 197
Yes, he is, but I've edited the name for privacy's sake :wink: Did you come on any of the formal swaps with us then?

SteVo
P.S. Helen, I heard you guys were filmed interviewing patients yesterday. Was that as awful as it sounds??

Well, I had my session on Thursday, but yes, it is true. They were actors rather than real patients though. It was a bit scary but I think in the long run it'll be useful - we get our own tape which we add all our session onto, so we can look at how we improve! My only worry is that everyone will think it's a brilliant idea to watch them when drunk...
I went to Clare once in Novice term, and I hosted you once... I was surrounded by 3 Clare grad students, one John's grad student and a Clare 3rd/4th year? All Natcsis... scariest night of my life, but I drank quite a lot so all a good laugh. By the end I could tell you more about gene splicing that I'd like to know! But they were all very nice.

NB Talk of science is not the norm at formal hall swaps

PS. Sorry about revealing ***'s name. You never know who might be snooping around on these boards...
Reply 199
Helenia
Yes, he is, but I've edited the name for privacy's sake :wink: Did you come on any of the formal swaps with us then?

Well, I had my session on Thursday, but yes, it is true. They were actors rather than real patients though. It was a bit scary but I think in the long run it'll be useful - we get our own tape which we add all our session onto, so we can look at how we improve! My only worry is that everyone will think it's a brilliant idea to watch them when drunk...

Yeah, that's my opinion on them, too - quite scary, but hopefully useful. I'm not sure whether we use filming here or not, but I have my first communication skills session on Tuesday... :eek3:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending