The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have not told MJF about here have you?
Hull does have a good reputation actually but you have to be a certain type of person to have the personality to get on well there. I've a friend who had a tough time there. The Staff Student Committee supposed to be quite a troubled organisation too, staff being the apt word.
Um Student-Staff committee has more scope for progression. I was not on it.
I am back in EAST YORKSHIRE! HELLO. LOOK OUT.

P.S I walked into my house to find my 'Newland Ave' goldfish dead. I have had him for 5 years. I am very upset much to people's surprise they can live until 40 if you care for them well. My Mum feels guilty.
LauraWalker
Um Student-Staff committee has more scope for progression. I was not on it.

Good choice!! Don't even think of using the Law Library in Hull this week incase you know whom is around with his mooting team. Go Sheffield! Hopefully they will **** it up again. Time they updated their **** website
Boo Hoo. Boo Hoo. U know what I mean
LauraWalker
I don't like the way Hull conducts its Telders moot. That much is well known. It is my opinion that their behaviour over it cost me dearly. However, sadly this is a public forum and goodness knows who could be watching. They have lost it for the last 2 years and despite for happened with me show little sorrow and just carry on like nothing happened. I don;t wish them well because it is just so well known. It is past time one of the lecturers who works hard with students and gives up their free time in other mooting areas took it over.

What did happen? Did I miss this story Laura, did you post about it on here?
I think it is best left in the past now .
After all the invites, where was the red carpet??? As I walked around Hull I saw none.

I was down near the Courts to be honest, dealing with a view matters. I had quite a conversation about how Hull no longer takes on lecturers who are still in practice, wanting to work a few hours a week. Why is this? Surely it is not as simple as it is perverse to manage 2 jobs
cwtf
Judging from your posts elsewhere, that would have been very quick indeed. I thought you were still looking for that handsome young academic?!?

Not really- I have photographic proof
Reply 190
LauraWalker
After all the invites, where was the red carpet??? As I walked around Hull I saw none.

Well, we've got the usual brown carpet for you in the Law School.
Oh well, I guess it was worth a try
Reply 192
There's a red bit somewhere, I'm sure.
Possibily CWTF. But very sadly, I am about to head off to Oxford. Christmas Wishes to you all :smile: and may those sliences produce a record number of firsts.
Any better than the bus.

1. Someone trying to take a picture out of the library

2. A church in Hull that someone took
Reply 195
LauraWalker
2. A church in Hull that someone took

Yes, that would be Holy Trinity Church. Apparently the oldest brick building still used for its original purpose (the earlier parts - not in the photo - are brick-built).
I am impressed that you know so much about places of local interest and buses. Your not just a Consumer Law Expert!!!
Reply 197
LauraWalker
I am impressed that you know so much about places of local interest and buses. Your not just a Consumer Law Expert!!!

Well there you go.
How did you know that about the church? I 've lived in the area for years and I did not.

Latest

Trending

Trending