Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else have bad eyesight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    There isn't a link between the two. Like I've said, with me, there's no accurate way of testing either. I have very complex eye conditions and whilst I'm not that short sighted, I don't have ahuge amount of vision. No matter how much corection I'm given, (I also have prisms) I generally can't see more than 4-5 lines of the eye chart.
    huh? are you replying to me?

i was saying your prescription isn't bad....my eyes must be soo bad looking at my prescritpion
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    huh? are you replying to me?

i was saying your prescription isn't bad....my eyes must be soo bad looking at my prescritpion
    Your prescription isn't that bad either. And I doubt your eyes are that bad either. Put it this way - my sight is severe enough for me to be registered as partially sighted / be refused a driving licence.

Like I've said, there's no accurate way for anyone to test my eyes or get my prescription right.

ReputationRep:
    I got my glasses a few months ago at 16 years of age. I think I've got -1.25 in one eye and -1.00 in the other, and I don't usually wear them except in a couple of lessons.

When I went to the opticians for the first time I could barely read the top line out of about 6/7, but corrected I could read second from bottom

ReputationRep:
    i've worn glasses since i was 2 yrs old because i have a squint. Also ive had 7 operations on my left eye, i've sued a surgeon for £100,000 because he ruined all the work from the previous 3 before his, he retired the same day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD8897)
    i've worn glasses since i was 2 yrs old because i have a squint. Also ive had 7 operations on my left eye, i've sued a surgeon for £100,000 because he ruined all the work from the previous 3 before his, he retired the same day.
    Dayum...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever thought about having laser eye surgery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qewrtyu)
    no tooo scared

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I don t suit for the surgery. Also I am a higher risk factor anyway due to allergies and infection prone (and dry eyes as). Although it got much better this year after becoming more serious on my diet. Low sugar and less gluten vegan diet.

ReputationRep:
    -4.25 for both. I like my glasses tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Urgh I know only one person who has worse eyesight than me. Got a prescription of -7 :'(
    Now you know of another, mine is +9 & +10.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    Are you long sighted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    no tooo scared
    (Original post by Kathy89)
    I'm sure I don t suit for the surgery. Also I am a higher risk factor anyway due to allergies and infection prone (and dry eyes as). Although it got much better this year after becoming more serious on my diet. Low sugar and less gluten vegan diet.
    Haha me too I'd be too scared of something going wrong and ending up blind...
    Plus the thought of having a scalpel in my eye is slightly off putting

ReputationRep:
    Are you long sighted?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Guys just to let u know am -2 in each eye Obviously I need glasses but am short sighted only need them for driving really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Wow so how far away does something have to be before you can see it without glasses

ReputationRep:
    wow can that help your eyes?

ReputationRep:
    i used to reaaally want glasses now i cant stand them! i can barely see features of those 5m in front of me i cant see the tv guide i cant see the classrooms board without them it is soooo frustrating if i ever forget my glasses i am DOOMED

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow so how far away does something have to be before you can see it without glasses
    I can't see anything clearly without glasses or contacts... at the point I would in theory be able to see something clearly, its too far away to focus on anyway

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone suggested you progressive lenses or bi-focals to reduce the level of your hyperopia?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone suggested you progressive lenses or bi-focals to reduce the level of your hyperopia?
    No, because that wouldn't help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.