Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brazil vs Colombia QF discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    We have no reason to dislike Brazil, so don't you think we have a point since we're all saying the same thing...
    I don't mean to ofend, but British don't know **** about football. The only WC won by England was in 66, and it was absolute robbery.

You are all complaining because you can't understand how South American football is played, and that is annoying you all. Try to see a Libertadores league match to understand.

And James is a whining *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Das y I luv England lel

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Their spiders are probably huge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichelBraga)
    I don't mean to ofend, but British don't know **** about football. The only WC won by England was in 66, and it was absolute robbery.

You are all complaining because you can't understand how South American football is played, and that is annoying you all. Try to see a Libertadores league match to understand.

The British know as much as anyone, we just can't play it.

Brazil have been ridiculously lucky in this world cup, I don't see how you can deny that.

ReputationRep:

And Neymar isn't?

ReputationRep:

Were complaining because Brazil are cheating their way through the competition. Robbed Croatia, butchered Colombia, and they're generally a horrible bunch of thugs.

It doesnt matter if thats how South American football is played, this is a World Cup, not the Copa America/Libertadores/or whatever. The rules are clear cut and Brazil have had a lot of decisions go their way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAstrocist)
    And Neymar isn't?
    Of course Neymar is, but instead of spending the entire game complaining about being hit with the referee, he maintains his focus on the team. James is egocentric.

Fair game, the only mistake of the referee was that Fernandinho should have at least received a yellow card. And that other one that broke Neymar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Were complaining because Brazil are cheating their way through the competition. Robbed Croatia, butchered Colombia, and they're generally a horrible bunch of thugs.

It doesnt matter if thats how South American football is played, this is a World Cup, not the Copa America/Libertadores/or whatever. The rules are clear cut and Brazil have had a lot of decisions go their way.
    The only time Brazil had help from the referee was against Croatia. Against Mexico there was two penalties, against Chile, one. Today there was nothing wrong, the referee made mistakes for BOTH sides.

And you want to talk about cheating? Let's talk about Holland, shall we?

This Brazil-hate happens at every single WC, it is annoying. They are playing rough and they are doing what they do best: winning.

Muller will be the next James, wait for it. He will spend 90 mins *****ing all over the field.

ReputationRep:
    Of course Neymar is, but instead of spending the entire game complaining about being hit with the referee, he maintains his focus on the team. James is egocentric.

Fair game, the only mistake of the referee was that Fernandinho should have at least received a yellow card. And that other one that broke Neymar.
    I think he has the right to if his country's being cheated out of the world cup.

You're right about the yellow cards though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    The British know as much as anyone, we just can't play it.

Brazil have been ridiculously lucky in this world cup, I don't see how you can deny that.
    No, it seems that they don't. Complaining about the acting is the most pathetic thing there is. It is part of the game. All teams do it eventually. Brazil have been lucky? Dominated Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon. Only Chile managed to hold Brazil, and despite that, didn't manage to actually control the game.

Fortune favors the bold.

But let's see how they behave against Germany.

ReputationRep:
    The only time Brazil had help from the referee was against Croatia. Against Mexico there was two penalties, against Chile, one. Today there was nothing wrong, the referee made mistakes for BOTH sides.

And you want to talk about cheating? Let's talk about Holland, shall we?

This Brazil-hate happens at every single WC, it is annoying. They are playing rough and they are doing what they do best: winning.

Muller will be the next James, wait for it. He will spend 90 mins *****ing all over the field.
    You mean the same help from the referee that would have put Brazil out at the group stage? Neymar red, Olic disallowed goal, softest penalty ever.

2 penalties against Mexico? LOL. The one against Chile was 50/50. The referee conveniently let the game play out exactly how Brazil wanted it, allowing them to butcher James and stop Colombia.

Youre paranoid. Ive never known anyone (me included) to hate Brazil before this WC.

And thats just lol worthy when Marcelo, Neymar, Alves play for Brazil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAstrocist)
    I think he has the right to if his country's being cheated out of the world cup.

You're right about the yellow cards though.
    I really want to understand where was the cheating.

ReputationRep:
    No, it seems that they don't. Complaining about the acting is the most pathetic thing there is. It is part of the game. All teams do it eventually. Brazil have been lucky? Dominated Croatia, Mexico and Cameroon. Only Chile managed to hold Brazil, and despite that, didn't manage to actually control the game.

Fortune favors the bold.

Croatia dominated Brazil if anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Fortune favors the bold.

With correct refereeing you would've lost to Croatia and gone out. Youre biased though so won't admit it.

ReputationRep:

Fortune favors the bold.

Fortune favours the bold? Just like your captain who bottled taking a penalty against Chile! Ye really bold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    You mean the same help from the referee that would have put Brazil out at the group stage? Neymar red, Olic disallowed goal, softest penalty ever.

2 penalties against Mexico? LOL. The one against Chile was 50/50. The referee conveniently let the game play out exactly how Brazil wanted it, allowing them to butcher James and stop Colombia.

Youre paranoid. Ive never known anyone (me included) to hate Brazil before this WC.

And thats just lol worthy when Marcelo, Neymar, Alves play for Brazil.
    I only agree with Olic goal, I'm sorry, but you are exaggerating. The penalties against Mexico were obvious. And I forgot to mention Silva's red as well, for beating every single player from Brazil.

I'm not, this happens at every single WC, and it has been growing since 2006.

Marcelo and Alves are two players in the middle of 23, don't hate and judge an entire team because those two are idiots.

ReputationRep:
    I only agree with Olic goal, I'm sorry, but you are exaggerating. The penalties against Mexico were obvious. And I forgot to mention Silva's red as well, for beating every single player from Brazil.

I'm not, this happens at every single WC, and it has been growing since 2006.

Marcelo and Alves are two players in the middle of 23, don't hate and judge an entire team because those two are idiots.
    Of course youd disagree when the rest of the world (except Brazil) could see it was daylight robbery. Neymar looks at Modric, doesnt even go for the ball and jams his elbow into his jaw. Clear red. Lovren puts his hand on Freds shoulder, no pushing, no pulling, Fred dives. Never a penalty.

It really doesnt. Brazil are generally likable until they cheat, are thugs and have mugs like Luiz in their team.

Just like youre hating on James (and Muller) when he was unfairly treated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    Fortune favours the bold? Just like your captain who bottled taking a penalty against Chile! Ye really bold.
    Yeah, good is to be emotionless like England, who doesn't win nothing. The responsability of representing your homeland, playing in your homeland, it's not a big deal, right? Anyone can take it.

I have nothing else to say, the hate is strong with you all, so keep hating, maybe in another 50 years you will reach Brazil's 5 stars.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the hating on Brazil is insane.

If Italy boss a game physically they are master tacticians, if Germany do it it is well organised team work, if England do it then it is passion but if Brazil do it then they are thugs. Even at that I think the game was overly physical because a piss poor referee handled the game horribly and Brazil may suffer as a result with Neymar's injury.

The hating on Neymar is almost as laughable, read about 50 tweets calling him all sorts of names because he swapped his shirt at half-time. He done the same thing against Chile so one of their players that missed the game through injury still got a souvenir from the game, what an evil so and so huh! Just lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good is to be emotionless like England, who doesn't win nothing. The responsability of representing your homeland, playing in your homeland, it's not a big deal, right? Anyone can take it.

I have nothing else to say, the hate is strong with you all, so keep hating, maybe in another 50 years you will reach Brazil's 5 stars.
    Who said I'm English you prat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Of course youd disagree when the rest of the world (except Brazil) could see it was daylight robbery. Neymar looks at Modric, doesnt even go for the ball and jams his elbow into his jaw. Clear red. Lovren puts his hand on Freds shoulder, no pushing, no pulling, Fred dives. Never a penalty.

It really doesnt. Brazil are generally likable until they cheat, are thugs and have mugs like Luiz in their team.

Just like youre hating on James (and Muller) when he was unfairly treated.
    Misspelled, I only DISagree with Olic's goal. I think it was a foul on Cesar.

James had the space he wanted in the other matches because he played against weak teams. He was *****in', that became clear in his complains and his posture during the match. If you see Messi playing, he's beaten up every single game, but he keeps trying. James is a good player, but too egocentric and naive.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.