Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharmaGiles)
    Not had anything yet... not as desperate a situation for me but I could do with knowing so I can book a holiday! Saw your post before... Sarb said it would be by post early this week?
    (Original post by M150)
    Has anyone had interview dates yet? Desperately need to book the interview off this week at the latest or I won't be able to get the day off work. Hoping someone may have had a letter.
    Just a thought. But if Sarb said it would be early in the week and we are now at Thursday, you don't think Sarb actually meant early next week but typed this by mistake? Would explain why no one has heard....that or the post system is running at a snails pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    Just a thought. But if Sarb said it would be early in the week and we are now at Thursday, you don't think Sarb actually meant early next week but typed this by mistake? Would explain why no one has heard....that or the post system is running at a snails pace.
    Snail pace... Snail mail... I think there might be a correlation!

ReputationRep:
    No, because it was early next week, last week. I guess there are just delays.

ReputationRep:
    Interview offer just came through the post! Got March 27th. A load of paper work to fill in with it as well.

ReputationRep:
    Interview offer just came through the post! Got March 27th. A load of paper work to fill in with it as well.
    congratulations! Im now debating rushing home during lunch to check mail! has anyone else heard???

ReputationRep:
    Mine's just arrived as well, interview last week of March.

ReputationRep:
    Damn postie's been and no letter for me. My credit card bill, yes. But nothing from Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    Got mine too! 25th March! So happy!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Damn postie's been and no letter for me. My credit card bill, yes. But nothing from Nottingham
    It may be that yours will come next monday/tuesday with post being slower. Don't take as it as to bad of a sign yet.

ReputationRep:
    It finally arrived! Mines 25th of March as well

ReputationRep:
    nothing for me either and I live in Derby! if you dont mind me asking, how much work experience do the people have that been successful in getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Argh! WHY POST? Damn it, I'm currently picking mine up from the post office so probably won't know until Monday at the earliest. My stupid landlord hasn't fixed the post box for our flats yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    nothing for me either and I live in Derby! if you dont mind me asking, how much work experience do the people have that been successful in getting an interview?
    Only had 2 days shadowing a surgeon and one shadowing a GP. But have had 5 years as a first aider, ambulance attendant and 4 years as a training officer of a unit in St John ambulance along with 2 week and a half voluntary trips with street kids in Morocco.

It literally may be the postal issue though and yours may arrive Monday, either that or those who have the 1st week of interview receive a letter this week and those doing the second week of interviews get there's next week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nug)
    I'd say my work experience is average, nothing spectacular.

To be honest at this stage it's probably just a post office thing, they are renowned for being unreliable! But they do deliver on Saturdays so it'll probably come tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Is gamsat hard ?

ReputationRep:
    Have the interview invites been sent via second class post? That might explain why some have them and others don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Have the interview invites been sent via second class post? That might explain why some have them and others don't.
    Just looked at the envelope it came in and yes it was 2nd class post. Amyyy24 made a good point that there is always tomorrows post before the inevitable wait to monday morning.

ReputationRep:
    Only had 2 days shadowing a surgeon and one shadowing a GP. But have had 5 years as a first aider, ambulance attendant and 4 years as a training officer of a unit in St John ambulance along with 2 week and a half voluntary trips with street kids in Morocco.

It literally may be the postal issue though and yours may arrive Monday, either that or those who have the 1st week of interview receive a letter this week and those doing the second week of interviews get there's next week?
    (Original post by amyyy24)
    I'd say my work experience is average, nothing spectacular.

To be honest at this stage it's probably just a post office thing, they are renowned for being unreliable! But they do deliver on Saturdays so it'll probably come tomorrow!
    Just looked at the envelope it came in and yes it was 2nd class post. Amyyy24 made a good point that there is always tomorrows post before the inevitable wait to monday morning.
    Thanks guys. Its just very frustrating as Notts is my first choice so praying hard for an interview.

ReputationRep:
    It may be that yours will come next monday/tuesday with post being slower. Don't take as it as to bad of a sign yet.
    Don't worry I'm not too concerned. I'm still planning on smashing Swansea next week before I let Notts start getting to me
    Let's celebrate your interview invite though! :yup::congrats::danceboy:

(Original post by )
    Thought it might be 2nd class, they'll be sending out a fair few I imagine. However my offer had better be sent pre-12 same day premium service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Don't worry I'm not too concerned. I'm still planning on smashing Swansea next week before I let Notts start getting to me
    Let's celebrate your interview invite though! :yup:

Thought it might be 2nd class, they'll be sending out a fair few. My offer had better be sent pre-12 same day premium service.
    Haha thank you, still in mild shock that I have got 3/3 interviews after the previous cycles being rather barren of interview offers.

Ah yeah its the last week of Swansea interviews next week isnt it, well you will do fine no doubt. If you stay overnight for the interview then make sure you google where restaurants or take away's are before you head out the hotel. I ended up taking a huge tour of the city center after setting my heart on chinese and it took me an hour to find one that was actually only 5 mins away from my premier inn (fail!). Debating whether to repeat the experience for Notts now haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.