Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What career do you intend to go into and why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    At first, I wanted to be a paramedic, but the average salary, I researched, was not very promising. Is there something similar to a paramedic that pays a bit better? If not, I am most likely going to shoot for physician. Also, are there any books recommended for a student going into the medical field? Thank you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    TBH every career avenue bores the hell out of me I can't think of a career I would enjoy all seem to be boring and a waste of life. I guess I will probably just go into IT support or something like that but again boring just like every other job prospect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Counselling and CBT because I want to help people the way my therapist helped me when I suffered with anxiety.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to go for transport, energy or the civil service.

ReputationRep:
    I am actually stuck between two career options that interest me. One being primary school teaching and the other being psychology/therapy. All I know for
    certain is that I want to do something that will help people/have a positive affect on their lives. Helping people is my greatest passion so I would suggest to
    someone trying to find a career - look at your passions, look at what you're good at and decide whether you will want to be doing this full time.

ReputationRep:
    One the one hand i'd rather like to be a pirate, sailing a nice pirate ship around with cannons, parrot and rum... thats the life!

On the slightly more realistic front i'm aiming for something in the MFAT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.