Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a Muslim who is questioning his faith anything Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Bit of background.

Come from a very strict ultra-conservative south Asian Muslim family
    I've memorised the the Qur'an cover to cover
    I'm 19 living away from home term-time (currently at home - fasting)
    Abstain from pork, ham and alcohol and only eat halal meat.
    Do have a non-Muslim girlfriend
    Pray and fast regularly

Anyway got to go away for a bit so I'll answer the questions when I get back.
    it depends,if your intention and attitude good enough,evrything will be at your reach...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hertz)
    Does red go with black or blue? Doing ma makeup cahh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Red and black goes together. The German kit looked good the other day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    What advice would you give to other muslims in the same position as you?
    I couldn't give advice because I'm unsure myself however would be willing to talk about it via PM if you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rlove95)
    Are you ever curious about what pork tastes like?
    Not really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronmack)
    You have memorized the Quran so you know more then me. Being gay in Islam is wrong because it's not natural to be gay, if you think it isn't then why are there no scientific proof.

This is just the a start of fitna, the days when Dajjal will come that will be hardest time of fitna. Why are worrying about imams? There not gonna come to your grave and your not gonna go to their grave.
    There is scientific proof. It's been proven from a gene point of view in humans and it's been observed in other species.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well done op, You can imagine life more than 5000 years ago.
    You've done literally nothing to refute what he said. You've backed up what you said with no evidence. What you essentially said his how do you know that wasn't the case many years ago.

Now I put it to you. How do you know that was the case. Man being that tall. You can't use the Qur'an as evidence either as that is just claiming itself to be true.

It's like me saying all penguins are orange. Then when asked how do I know I say it must be true because I said and I also say that everything I say is the truth.

A lot of the questions and advice on getting from Muslims consist of don't worry ask questions or this is the start of a journey. However the more questions I ask, the more I look at it from a completely neutral point of view. The more I question the authenticity of religion. I can't help but think if I was to have not been born into a religious family the chances of me being religious are pretty slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My friend,
    The only thing I want to know is how you memorised the Quran and how? Did you also learn the arabic translation? Are you fluent in Arabic?
    Word of advice, I think this pretty normal to go through this phase. We all do at some point and personal research should be your comrade as of now. And yes, you will be either a Kaffir at the end or a better muslim.
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayamiller)
    My friend,
    The only thing I want to know is how you memorised the Quran and how? Did you also learn the arabic translation? Are you fluent in Arabic?
    Word of advice, I think this pretty normal to go through this phase. We all do at some point and personal research should be your comrade as of now. And yes, you will be either a Kaffir at the end or a better muslim.
    Good luck.
    I use to wake up at the crack of dawn pray for 2 hours, then go to school, come back and go to mosque, pray for another 2.5 hours. I would recite something, pray that and then pray the whole Juz (Chapter) in one go. I would do this 7 days a week.
    No not fluent in arabic. I understand arabic but very little equivalent of GCSE standard.

ReputationRep:
    Salaam,

Brother you are just going through a faze where you don't know what to think anymore, and your just confused and don't know what to do ... I think you need to try harder and be stronger , read the Quran more, read namaaz regularly , ask Allah to guide you.

In sha allah you will find the light.

Ameen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous288)
    Salaam,

Brother you are just going through a faze where you don't know what to think anymore, and your just confused and don't know what to do ... I think you need to try harder and be stronger , read the Quran more, read namaaz regularly , ask Allah to guide you.

In sha allah you will find the light.

Ameen
    I need to try harder and stronger?

In what way exactly?

I read every namaz, I pray Quran daily and supplicate. I feel I'm just wasting my time.

ReputationRep:
    I know you feel you are wasting your time but trust me you aren't, Allah Is testing you.

One quote that keeps me motivated is

" You have to fight worst days of your life to earn some of the best days of your life"

Mash Allah its amazing you pray and read Quran but never let prayer go, you will regret giving up, Allah is testing you .

Watch this video of this Muslim man, this video seriously opened my eyes and made me cry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdzA12s20CM
    Hope you in sha allah feel better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous288)
    I know you feel you are wasting your time but trust me you aren't, Allah Is testing you.

One quote that keeps me motivated is

" You have to fight worst days of your life to earn some of the best days of your life"

Mash Allah its amazing you pray and read Quran but never let prayer go, you will regret giving up, Allah is testing you .

Watch this video of this Muslim man, this video seriously opened my eyes and made me cry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdzA12s20CM
    Hope you in sha allah feel better
    Allah could make everything better with a 5 second appearance but no...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Allah could make everything better with a 5 second appearance but no...
    The Anus Files LMAO what an amazing name! I thought nohomo had the best name on here but no.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since Muslims are flooding this thread with the standard 'see your imam', 'Allah is testing you' and 'you must try harder' BS, I feel compelled to offer you the alternative:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2452611

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    There is scientific proof. It's been proven from a gene point of view in humans and it's been observed in other species.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Source please? Islam is all about believing in the unseen, if it was seen we would all be believers.

(Original post by TSA)
    You've done literally nothing to refute what he said. You've backed up what you said with no evidence. What you essentially said his how do you know that wasn't the case many years ago.

Now I put it to you. How do you know that was the case. Man being that tall. You can't use the Qur'an as evidence either as that is just claiming itself to be true.

It's like me saying all penguins are orange. Then when asked how do I know I say it must be true because I said and I also say that everything I say is the truth.

A lot of the questions and advice on getting from Muslims consist of don't worry ask questions or this is the start of a journey. However the more questions I ask, the more I look at it from a completely neutral point of view. The more I question the authenticity of religion. I can't help but think if I was to have not been born into a religious family the chances of me being religious are pretty slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where did I say that Adam (as) was tall? can you link me to the quote.

ReputationRep:
    Another question, let's say you leave Islam, you do all the stuff that's not allowed you think you will be happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGf62lZleGA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Bit of background.

Come from a very strict ultra-conservative south Asian Muslim family
    I've memorised the the Qur'an cover to cover
    I'm 19 living away from home term-time (currently at home - fasting)
    Abstain from pork, ham and alcohol and only eat halal meat.
    Do have a non-Muslim girlfriend
    Pray and fast regularly

Anyway got to go away for a bit so I'll answer the questions when I get back.
    Do you think that had you not been brought up within such a strict ultra-conservative Muslim family, you would not be a Muslim now? Also, Do you actually believe everything in the Qur'an? (I dont mean to sound patronizing by saying that, I'm just curious)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xotol)
    Since Muslims are flooding this thread with the standard 'see your imam', 'Allah is testing you' and 'you must try harder' BS, I feel compelled to offer you the alternative:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2452611

:teeth:
    Thanks if I'm honest, I did expect it when I posted the thread but not to this extent.

Source please? Islam is all about believing in the unseen, if it was seen we would all be believers.
    It is pretty well known that homosexuality isn't a choice. If you really want evidence, Google, pubmed and google scholar is your friend, but I'm not going to search for various papers to prove something that's already pretty well known both in society and science.
    I really don't want this to get into a religious debate but it amazes me how you put so much faith into the unseen which is only proven by a self-proving religious book, yet don't believe in something that has evidence to back up its claim.

Another question, let's say you leave Islam, you do all the stuff that's not allowed you think you will be happy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGf62lZleGA
    Who said I'm going to do all the stuff that isn't allowed, if I leave Islam. Probably still wouldn't drink or eat pork, or ham or bacon, probably not going to have sex with every person I see, not get a tattoo. I don't see why I need religion to live and ethically and morally sound life. In fact I would argue those without religion are more morally sound than those with. For example a religious persons gives charity so he gains a reward from God, essentially every action he does is for his own self-interest (building his house in Jannah so the speak). Where as a non-religious person gives charity just because it's a nice thing to do.
    What's that video got anything to do with me? Mine and his situation is completely different, I'm not doing this as some form of rebellion. I'm questioning my faith because I genuinely don't see how I can believe in it.

(Original post by ekhhh)
    Do you think that had you not been brought up within such a strict ultra-conservative Muslim family, you would not be a Muslim now? Also, Do you actually believe everything in the Qur'an? (I dont mean to sound patronizing by saying that, I'm just curious)
    Yes, if I was bought up in a non-religious household I honestly think I would not be a Muslim. No, there are some things that just makes me a little skeptical, and the rest I don't even understand that well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Thanks if I'm honest, I did expect it when I posted the thread but not to this extent.

It is pretty well known that homosexuality isn't a choice. If you really want evidence, Google, pubmed and google scholar is your friend, but I'm not going to search for various papers to prove something that's already pretty well known both in society and science.
    I really don't want this to get into a religious debate but it amazes me how you put so much faith into the unseen which is only proven by a self-proving religious book, yet don't believe in something that has evidence to back up its claim.

Who said I'm going to do all the stuff that isn't allowed, if I leave Islam. Probably still wouldn't drink or eat pork, or ham or bacon, probably not going to have sex with every person I see, not get a tattoo. I don't see why I need religion to live and ethically and morally sound life. In fact I would argue those without religion are more morally sound than those with. For example a religious persons gives charity so he gains a reward from God, essentially every action he does is for his own self-interest (building his house in Jannah so the speak). Where as a non-religious person gives charity just because it's a nice thing to do.
    What's that video got anything to do with me? Mine and his situation is completely different, I'm not doing this as some form of rebellion. I'm questioning my faith because I genuinely don't see how I can believe in it.

Yes, if I was bought up in a non-religious household I honestly think I would not be a Muslim. No, there are some things that just makes me a little skeptical, and the rest I don't even understand that well.
    When you give charity in islam, you get two things reward and being a nice human. I did search a ton to see if homosexuals are born or not. tbh it goes towards not. By this time they should have have proof it. Clearly, you have lacked to do research before making this thread.

ReputationRep:
    When you give charity in islam, you get two things reward and being a nice human. I did search a ton to see if homosexuals are born or not. tbh it goes towards not. By this time they should have have proof it. Clearly, you have lacked to do research before making this thread.
    Like I said self gain. Not very altruistic. Who are these researchers, anybody with an ounce of scientific understanding could tell you it's towards the former rather than the latter. Do you think gay people like being oppressed by society, do you think they like to be made to feel like they are not normal of course they don't. What would be the purpose of choosing to be gay? Why would gay people choose to be gay in nations where they could be killed for it. You are ridiculous claiming they are not born gay.

I'm not here to prove anything to you. I don't need to justify my understanding that being gay is not a choice as I have read enough to know that it is not myself and couldn't care less what you think. Actually that's a lie knowing you're so ignorant annoys me a little.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.