Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I work in the City, ask me nothing Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Most probably not. I'm sure there are other more tolerant families that might want them.
    Yeah you are right. I heard that you are not supposed to keep them in your house.

Do you have siblings?

ReputationRep:
    Would you rather fart in an elevator, surrounded by pretty girls, or poo yourself five minutes walk away from your house?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger1)
    Yeah you are right. I heard that you are not supposed to keep them in your house.

Do you have siblings?
    2, a younger brother & sister.

(Original post by nohomo)
    Would you rather fart in an elevator, surrounded by pretty girls, or poo yourself five minutes walk away from your house?
    The former, much less hassle.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get the internship placement through SEO?

Do you think they (SEO) were worth the hassle?

Spoiler:
    Show
    ArsenalObsessed here btw

ReputationRep:
    kthxbai.

Spoiler:
    Show
    just kidding, ask me anything.. should be working but who cares :dontknow:
    Are daily expenditures higher nearer the city than elsewhere(i.e things like food, drinks, clothes)?
    Do you live near the city?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Did you get the internship placement through SEO?

Do you think they (SEO) were worth the hassle?

Spoiler:
    Show
    ArsenalObsessed here btw
    No. Although, I got a few other work experience placements through SEO which I had to turn down because of my current internship. But yes, if I didn't manage to pull this those back up placements at the leading financial institutions were more than definitely worth the hassle. I passed the interview stages for a couple BBs. They've helped me get into places such as HSBC / Morgan Stanley / Barclays and also helped improve my CV and cover letter.

I can't remember who advised me to apply in the Somali Soc but I am immensely grateful.

(Original post by 1drowssap)
    Are daily expenditures higher nearer the city than elsewhere(i.e things like food, drinks, clothes)?
    Do you live near the city?
    Yes, the city is a very expensive place with all kinds of inflated prices but I suppose demand/supply justifies that. I live in South-east London so about a 30-40 minute train journey away and the prices are steep in comparison to other parts of the country but still affordable.

ReputationRep:
    No. Although, I got a few other work experience placements through SEO which I had to turn down because of my current internship. But yes, if I didn't manage to pull this those back up placements at the leading financial institutions were more than definitely worth the hassle. I passed the interview stages for a couple BBs. They've helped me get into places such as HSBC / Morgan Stanley / Barclays and also helped improve my CV and cover letter.

I can't remember who advised me to apply in the Somali Soc but I am immensely grateful.
    Yeah, that was me haha. I'm glad it worked out for you, I decided that that career path wasn't for me so turned all their offers down. The insight days and networking dinners at Goldman Sachs/HSBC/KPMG were a lot of fun though

ReputationRep:
    how did you get ur job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Yeah, that was me haha. I'm glad it worked out for you, I decided that that career path wasn't for me so turned all their offers down. The insight days and networking dinners at Goldman Sachs/HSBC/KPMG were a lot of fun though
    Great, KPMGs an accounting firm btw. :rolleyes:

(Original post by GnomeMage)
    how did you get ur job?
    Networking, as previously stated.

ReputationRep:
    Do you deem yourself to be sexy?
    How do the girls rate you?

ReputationRep:
    These are people you are talking about here...

Anyone who would even contemplate kicking out their own children because of their sexuality does not deserve to ever have children. What a vile person you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    These are people you are talking about here...

Anyone who would even contemplate kicking out their own children because of their sexuality does not deserve to ever have children. What a vile person you are.
    I wasn't actually referring to their sexuality in my post.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't actually referring to their sexuality in my post.
    Ah yes, I was. My apologies.

Instead you were talking of children who decided Islam wasn't for them. As if that's any better...

ReputationRep:
    Great, KPMGs an accounting firm btw. :rolleyes:

Networking, as previously stated.
    I am also interested in working in Financial institutions but my degree is in science. What would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    I am also interested in working in Financial institutions but my degree is in science. What would you recommend?
    Learn some foundation stuff and apply for summer internships.

ReputationRep:
    Do you deem yourself to be sexy?
    How do the girls rate you?
    No.
    I've never inquired.

ReputationRep:
    What's the drug culture like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junglee)
    What's the drug culture like?
    It's surprisingly inconspicuous and that's as much as I'm willing to uncover on the matter.

ReputationRep:
    It's surprisingly inconspicuous and that's as much as I'm willing to uncover on the matter.
    boring

ReputationRep:
    Just two more questions:

What are you studying? & At what age did you start networking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.