Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissOvoxo)
    @fojodef
    I'm Nigerian and I'm quite hurt that you wouldn't date one! I'm lovely!lol It depends really with who you come across. Some are too far up their arses tbh. I'm one of them girls that likes her skin colour and wouldn't bleach. I think its stupid to feel more confident if your skin is lighter but hey each to their own.
    well we're talking about preference here. I'm not gonna lie I havent had great Experiences with Nigerian girls. for example I think I already mentioned I dated one for 3 months and 2 years later she is still stalking me.

but these are opinions I have stored in my memory banks.

when I leave my home however I am in learning mode and look forward to meeting new people and give everyone a chance.

so if i met a nice nigerian girl I wouldnt just cast her aside and be like "NOPE! TOO MANY BAD EXPERIENCES!" I wouldnt turn down a girl who I thought was nice regardless of her background. because you never know she might be the one?

what background are you from in nigeria? yoruba,igbo etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doch)
    Yoruba girls. infact Yoruba in general did that one on themselves. You cant change your face but you can be shut sometimes. They shout too much
    Hold on have you met every single Yoruba girl ? your comment is Ignorant and foolish I know many Yoruba Girls that are quiet and respectful not only the ones from the village and are shy of london I havent raised my voice once nor have my sister in public because My parents raised me well in a YORUBA AND MUSLIM house hold

ReputationRep:
    1. Honestly doesn't matter to me I've seen girls from every nationality and race I can think of and found some girls I find attractive
    2. Again there isn't one I like more or less
    3. Hot
    4. I'm Caucasian and like I said I find black girls hot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Internetz)
    Hold on have you met every single Yoruba girl ? your comment is Ignorant and foolish I know many Yoruba Girls that are quiet and respectful not only the ones from the village and are shy of london I havent raised my voice once nor have my sister in public because My parents raised me well in a YORUBA AND MUSLIM house hold
    You seem to be raising your voice now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheea)
    1. What would be the race you like to date from the most and why
    I'm a mixed race guy.

I generally only date those who are close or nearby as I don't particularly care much for long distance relationships and generally don't go for anyone where there might be a prospect that the person may leave to go back to their country of origin. Therefore as 99% of the females here are White it essentially places me at a position where I can't really be that picky in terms of race.

I would date a girl of East Asian origin, preferably from Singapore or Hong Kong but they generally don't touch me with a 10ft long barge pole as I have kids and quite a few won't touch me as my previous exes are White.

2. What would be the race you'd like to date from the least and why
    I don't date muslims. I find their ideological believes to be inconsistent with mine and I don't want any ticking timebombs.

I don't date Blacks, anyone from Africa, middle east or most parts of south Asia. Not attracted to them. My parents would probably slaughter me alive for doing so anyway.

3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
    not judge)
    Looks? They are generally not attractive, their hair and features just simply isn't my definition of beauty. Also some of them are simply built too big for my liking.

Other characteristics, I find them too loud and make too much empty noises. I'm generally wary of 99% of them as in my mind just like that of the police they usually are up to no good.

4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.
    I know most men from SE Asia wouldn't date a black girl unless it was for a US Green Card. As for caucasian guys, I doubt racism is the prime reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    I'm a mixed race guy.

I generally only date those who are close or nearby as I don't particularly care much for long distance relationships and generally don't go for anyone where there might be a prospect that the person may leave to go back to their country of origin. Therefore as 99% of the females here are White it essentially places me at a position where I can't really be that picky in terms of race.

I would date a girl of East Asian origin, preferably from Singapore or Hong Kong but they generally don't touch me with a 10ft long barge pole as I have kids and quite a few won't touch me as my previous exes are White.

I don't date muslims. I find their ideological believes to be inconsistent with mine and I don't want any ticking timebombs.

I don't date Blacks, anyone from Africa, middle east or most parts of south Asia. Not attracted to them. My parents would probably slaughter me alive for doing so anyway.

Looks? They are generally not attractive, their hair and features just simply isn't my definition of beauty. Also some of them are simply built too big for my liking.

Other characteristics, I find them too loud and make too much empty noises. I'm generally wary of 99% of them as in my mind just like that of the police they usually are up to no good.

I know most men from SE Asia wouldn't date a black girl unless it was for a US Green Card. As for caucasian guys, I doubt racism is the prime reason.
    Thanks for your honesty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    Dont think thats got anything to do with this discussion
    It does. If black people are granted a right to rip whites to pieces on the spot, is it unthinkable that white men will feel particularly vulnerable when meeting a black girls family? (don't be so sexist to assume that men don't feel pain like women do?)

ReputationRep:
    Actually it does, thats cause hostility breeds hostility, a guy who gets shut down by a black girl because he isn't black will consciously or unconsciously begin to avoid and make unappealing black girls
    Thank you for being empathetic. I don't know if your are black or not but guys feel rejection. We may not go on rages like Elliot Roger but many of us are sensitive to rejection deep down. We like to think GFs are our safe haven where we are loved and cared for. If your GF was crucifying you for your skin colour, would you be happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    Thank you for being empathetic. I don't know if your are black or not but guys feel rejection. We may not go on rages like Elliot Roger but many of us are sensitive to rejection deep down. We like to think GFs are our safe haven where we are loved and cared for. If your GF was crucifying you for your skin colour, would you be happy?
    Lol i am, and i get it its a natural boy thing

ReputationRep:
    Lol i am, and i get it its a natural boy thing
    Are you black or not? Im curious?

ReputationRep:
    White. Specifically Northern European, like myself. In my eyes they are the most attractive and generally I just find more resonance with those of a similar cultural and ethnic heritage as me.

Far-East Asian/Japanese/Korean etc. Don't find them particularly attractive, not a fan of the submissiveness many of the seem to exhibit.

3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn
    not judge)
    I have nothing against black girls (or any other race) and wish them only the best in life. I just personally prefer white girls for the reasons mentioned above. Though I will aknowledge there are some stunningly beautiful black girls out there.

4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.
    It does seem to be true, but I am not entirely sure why. I do think people tend to prefer their own kind.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'd quite like to date a South Asian girl (Indian subcontinent). Mainly because there area load of really cute South Asian girls at my uni and I've not had a gf of that race before. I wouldn't be in a hurry date someone who grew up there and came over recently as I reckon cultural differences would be a problem but 2nd generation or later, sure.

Probably South-East Asians as half of my family is from there and some of their attitudes annoy me. Not saying it's all of them, or even that they're worse than other races, it's most likely just I notice it more with them as I kind of expect it.

3. A bit personal- Your opinion of black girls (Be totally honest, I'm hear to learn not judge)
    That's a very broad question. I base my linking on individuals, not their race.

4. During a study i conducted i found that many people believed Caucasian guys did not like dating black girls, is this true, for those that would say yes, why.
    I'd be fine with it, can't speak for everyone though. It might be that they don't know many black girls and so don't appreciate them as much. That could be the reason that I used to prefer white girls but when I came to know more girls of other races, my taste became more multicultural.

ReputationRep:
    Are you black or not? Im curious?

I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    White. Specifically Northern European, like myself. In my eyes they are the most attractive and generally I just find more resonance with those of a similar cultural and ethnic heritage as me.

Far-East Asian/Japanese/Korean etc. Don't find them particularly attractive, not a fan of the submissiveness many of the seem to exhibit.

I have nothing against black girls (or any other race) and wish them only the best in life. I just personally prefer white girls for the reasons mentioned above. Though I will aknowledge there are some stunningly beautiful black girls out there.

It does seem to be true, but I am not entirely sure why. I do think people tend to prefer their own kind.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewduncan)
    It came from racist europeans.
    And not all white people are racist btw but since the first day we came in contact with white people dark skin has been considered ugly and light skinned better.Afro hair is "nappy" and ugly and straight hair considered better.
    Do you think if we were still in Africa black girls would be wearing weaves like this.
    The proofs in the pudding and everyone apart from black women can see it. I hear black women for days complaining about european beauty standards so you cant even deny it
    It was a rhetorical question. I find it quite sad tbh. I do think that in the past there weren't many hair products aimed for afro-carribean hair but now theres loads out there and now more are informed about how to look after their hair so there has been some progress. Just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldie56)
    What are BBCs? I tried Googling it and kept getting the site and 'other sites' lol
    British Born Chinese! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    It does. If black people are granted a right to rip whites to pieces on the spot, is it unthinkable that white men will feel particularly vulnerable when meeting a black girls family? (don't be so sexist to assume that men don't feel pain like women do?)
    Erm That has nothing to do with the post you quoted me on

ReputationRep:
    I see that as a stereotype, honestly i believe for an action to be racist it must have the intent of inflicting malicious harm to be existent
    A little bit off topic but racism is much more complex than 'trying to inflict malicious harm'. Racial prejudice is a form of racism which is what he was referring to. For someone claiming to be here to learn from other people's experiences/opinions you seem to be wilfully ignorant on the fact that racism is still very present in this society and this does affect people's preferences in many aspects, not just dating. Claiming anything to the contrary is extremely naive.

That being said, for the most part (from my experience anyway) racial dating preferences aren't as prevalent as they appear to be on TSR as the site's demographic is not an accurate representation of the general public as a whole. So probably not the best place for 'research'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nomes89)
    A little bit off topic but racism is much more complex than 'trying to inflict malicious harm'. Racial prejudice is a form of racism which is what he was referring to. For someone claiming to be here to learn from other people's experiences/opinions you seem to be wilfully ignorant on the fact that racism is still very present in this society and this does affect people's preferences in many aspects, not just dating. Claiming anything to the contrary is extremely naive.

That being said, for the most part (from my experience anyway) racial dating preferences aren't as prevalent as they appear to be on TSR as the site's demographic is not an accurate representation of the general public as a whole. So probably not the best place for 'research'.
    Thats why its a survey.

I did not say racism is gone, i just believe its not as ramparts as it is made to seem.

Like i said earlier, I'm here to see the generalisations, you don't know what my end game is, but i am still learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fojodef)
    well we're talking about preference here. I'm not gonna lie I havent had great Experiences with Nigerian girls. for example I think I already mentioned I dated one for 3 months and 2 years later she is still stalking me.

but these are opinions I have stored in my memory banks.

when I leave my home however I am in learning mode and look forward to meeting new people and give everyone a chance.

so if i met a nice nigerian girl I wouldnt just cast her aside and be like "NOPE! TOO MANY BAD EXPERIENCES!" I wouldnt turn down a girl who I thought was nice regardless of her background. because you never know she might be the one?

what background are you from in nigeria? yoruba,igbo etc...
    Sorry for your experience! Maybe she has rejection issues I don't know! I hear you. I'm urhobo, we like the drink!lol not many people know of us. We come from around the Niger Delta.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.