Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Really pleased to see how good your progress is! 531 has treated you well it seems
    Thanks. I love the flexibility the programme allows me. Allows me to go in and give 110% when I'm feeling great. And just go for prescribed reps when I'm not feeling it which is rare at the moment.

Bench is now at 85 I tested it the other day. Goal is to hit a total of 450 by the end of the year little optimistic considering I'm currently at 405 but should be a fun lil' challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Squat today.

Hit 130 for 7.
    Weight felt comfortable.

Felt I had one more in me but didn't want to risk it. I was feeling really light headed. Then did some paused squats
    100 for 3 sets of 5 and called it a day.

I didn't eat before working out, and also felt I was lacking a lot of energy. Might invest in some pre-workout. Any recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    Upper body day.

Didn't go yesterday. Had an exam and was mentally exhausted. So did yesterday's work out today.

Military press 47.5 x 8
    Bench 70 for 5x5

Good day today. Felt strong.

Got an inzer belt today. Got it shipped from Germany cost about £100 altogether.

Adipowers should be here soon too. Had to order them from Amazon because wiggle sports decided to cancel my order without giving me any reason. And still haven't replied to my email when I asked why. Shocking customer service.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Upper body day.

Didn't go yesterday. Had an exam and was mentally exhausted. So did yesterday's work out today.

Military press 47.5 x 8
    Bench 70 for 5x5

Got an inzer belt today. Got it shipped from Germany cost about £100 altogether.

Adipowers should be here soon too. Had to order them from Amazon because wiggle sports decided to cancel my order without giving me any reason. And still haven't replied to my email when I asked why. Shocking customer service.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which inzer belt did you order? Same site I ordered from it sounds like.

And which colour adipowers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The 10mm forever lever belt is the one I got.

I wanted the red adipowers but they've been discontinued so the only sizes left were just remaining sizes shops had. Which were either really small or really big. I got the black and reds as I thought the whites would get pretty dirty over time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Upper body day.

Military press 47.5 x 8
    Bench 70 for 5x5

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can you customize inzer belts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    can you customize inzer belts?
    Yes but that's if you buy it from inzer. The site I bought it from only had blue and black.

http://www.hantel-hartmann.de/Inzer/Guertel/

That was the site if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    Deadlifts today.

160 x 5
    Did some Deficit DLs 110 x 5 x 5.

ReputationRep:
    Bench today

70 x 7 had an 8th and maybe even a 9nth rep in me but spotter came in way to early. It wasn't even a grinder just less explosive than the rest of the reps.
    Why the **** can't people use a little common sense. I asked you to spot me not lift the ****ing weight for me. ****ed up my whole day.

Then did 45 @ 5x5 military press and some volume work with dumbell rows.

Squats tomorrow, trying out the adipowers. Can't weight (see what I did there :ahee:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Bench today

70 x 7 had an 8th and maybe even a 9nth rep in me but spotter came in way to early. It wasn't even a grinder just less explosive than the rest of the reps.
    Why the **** can't people use a little common sense. I asked you to spot me not lift the ****ing weight for me. ****ed up my whole day.

Then did 45 @ 5x5 military press and some volume work with dumbell rows.

Squats tomorrow, trying out the adipowers. Can't weight (see what I did there :ahee:)
    I tell people not to touch it unless it's stuck on my chest. Make it clear they're only there to stop me getting pinned. Also say I often look like I'm going to fail even though I'll grind it out, for good measure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    I tell people not to touch it unless it's stuck on my chest. Make it clear they're only there to stop me getting pinned. Also say I often look like I'm going to fail even though I'll grind it out, for good measure.
    I did explain to him before he started spotting me but I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Squat today.

122.5 x 9

Felt good. After 5 they got a little difficult but still felt reasonably comfortable with it.
    The squat shoes made me feel really stable. It was incredible.

Then did some deficit DLs 120 5x5

Ended with some leg press.

Good day. Past few weeks I've been feeling really strong and the weight feels really comfortable. Also been feeling generally very good despite exam season.

Wanting a 200 DL, 160 Squat and 90or a 100 bench by the end of the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Those targets should be easily attainable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Squat today.

122.5 x 9

Felt good. After 5 they got a little difficult but still felt reasonably comfortable with it.
    The squat shoes made me feel really stable. It was incredible.

Then did some deficit DLs 120 5x5

Ended with some leg press.

Good day. Past few weeks I've been feeling really strong and the weight feels really comfortable. Also been feeling generally very good despite exam season.

Wanting a 200 DL, 160 Squat and 90or a 100 bench by the end of the year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Acheiveable targets for sure. I'd recommend benching in the adipowers as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And with the bench just make it absolutely over the top clear they're not to touch it unless you yell for help.

Then use that person in future if they pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Acheiveable targets for sure. I'd recommend benching in the adipowers as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I didn't want to aim too high and then be left really disappointed at the end of the year. I'd like to hit those numbers but anything higher is just icing on the cake.

How will benching in the adipowers help?
    (Not meant it to come across in an arrogant tone just curious).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Thanks. I didn't want to aim too high and then be left really disappointed at the end of the year. I'd like to hit those numbers but anything higher is just icing on the cake.

How will benching in the adipowers help?
    (Not meant it to come across in an arrogant tone just curious).
    Urm, can get your knees further forward and can help you get into a nice tight position with a decent arch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Urm, can get your knees further forward and can help you get into a nice tight position with a decent arch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see.
    I've noticed form on the bench makes an incredible difference. Getting tight and good arch was probably what helped me break the 60 barrier.
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    I see.
    I've noticed form on the bench makes an incredible difference. Getting tight and good arch was probably what helped me break the 60 barrier.
    PRSOM.
    I had the same thing yesterday with 117.5. First set of four sucked and was really hard and I almost failed. Later sets are much tighter and better form. Fifth set of four was the easiest and the best and the most tight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    New numbers.

Achieved 182.5 DL
    155 SQ
    87.5 BNCH was touch and go though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.