Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mister K)
    without sounding stupid is 49/55 in your opinion likely to be good enough to get to the reading of the ps and references.

thanks
    probably yes

ReputationRep:
    What about 45? I know it's risky, but do you think it's a wasted application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joolsm)
    What about 45? I know it's risky, but do you think it's a wasted application?
    I really dont know. When I applied I knew nothing abt Nottingham policy so I cant really say.
    All I can say is that Nottingham is the best med school ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycopation)
    Same score as me, despite my 767.5 ukcat :s lets just boss the ps :d

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like your thinking! I think I may put it as my risky one.

ReputationRep:
    So do they consider your points first and then consider your UKCAT score separately as well? Think I got 50/55 and 722.5 UKCAT average

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE - 8A* 4A
    FSMQ Additional Maths - A
    AS-levels - AAAA
    Predicted - AAA but can probably be higher, doing EPQ as well

UKCAT overall 2690, avg 672.5

Should I apply to Nottingham? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boods8897)
    So do they consider your points first and then consider your UKCAT score separately as well? Think I got 50/55 and 722.5 UKCAT average

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i guess Nottingham is a safe option for you then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    I am thinking of applying here and I have got a score of 49/55. Is this good enough to secure an interview?

How have you worked out your score? Also do you think I would stand a chance of interview if I have 11A* at GCSE and a UKCAT of 697.5 2790 total?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    How have you worked out your score? Also do you think I would stand a chance of interview if I have 11A* at GCSE and a UKCAT of 697.5 2790 total?

thanks
    You would have 16/16 for your GCSE score (assuming the 11 A* include Eng/Maths/Sci). Your UKCAT score would depend on your individual subtest scores - see a few posts above for how to calculate. I would assume you have at least 48/49 in total.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)

Not as far as I'm aware, A* > A > B. Personal statement was given a score using a rather complucated system, it's worth about the same as GCSEs if I remember correctly but the UKCAT is now 71% of the pre-interview score now so they're both minor compared to that. Yep, haven't heard anything to suggest that they've dropped the questionnaire.
    When I went to the talk at open day they said that they had dropped the questionnaire! Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    Hmm, they've very recently updated the page to say "We are working towards implementing the multi-mini interview format for 2015/16 entry with four mini stations. We will add more information on the station formats shortly."

So watch this space I guess!
    When I went to the talk at open day the lady said that they are using MMI with 6 different stations which will increase to 12 different stations for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulagirl15)
    When I went to the talk at open day the lady said that they are using MMI with 6 different stations which will increase to 12 different stations for next year!
    In my talk at open day they said there will be 4 MMI stations this year, and 8 every year after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joolsm)
    In my talk at open day they said there will be 4 MMI stations this year, and 8 every year after that.

Sorry I just checked and I meant 4, such a strange number, I wonder how they will do it based on only 4 stations.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham but I'm not sure how risky it would be with my GCSE's. GCSES- 5 A*, 4 A's and 1 B UKCAT- 2850 with band 1 A levels- A*A*A* On the scoring system I achieved 47/55 but I'm worried it's a bit of a risk. I'm already applying to Hull-York which is of a similar scoring. Also what's clinical experience like? is there a lot of exposure during the first year? Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky.96)
    I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham but I'm not sure how risky it would be with my GCSE's. GCSES- 5 A*, 4 A's and 1 B UKCAT- 2850 with band 1 A levels- A*A*A* On the scoring system I achieved 47/55 but I'm worried it's a bit of a risk. I'm already applying to Hull-York which is of a similar scoring. Also what's clinical experience like? is there a lot of exposure during the first year? Thanks for any help
    My first hospital visit is on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I really want to apply here but I'm sure if my score of 49/55 is good enough
    Would really appreciate any advice on this
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are my chances with a score of 46/55?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
    What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
    I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brbwafflesyay)
    I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
    What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
    I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+
    Last year here was a different type of scoring

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.