Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ceciafb)
    that's how I took it! I was having trouble too, but in the end I wrote out a draft of the letter myself, went in and took it along and asked reeeally nicely if they could transfer it onto headed paper and they did it that day - would it be possible for you to go in?

I don't know what tactic you've tried so far but its much easier to ignore an email and I was getting nowhere before which was really making me panic
    I've got the shadowing letters now. It's just my actual work place that I need a short letter from. I offered to write up a draft previously but it was kind of brushed aside. I'll try tomorrow, worst comes to worst I'll take in a pay slip and they can wait a couple of days for the letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I've got the shadowing letters now. It's just my actual work place that I need a short letter from. I offered to write up a draft previously but it was kind of brushed aside. I'll try tomorrow, worst comes to worst I'll take in a pay slip and they can wait a couple of days for the letter.
    I spoke too soon. My supervisor for my assistant psych stuff has essentially refused to give me a reference, meaning I don't have enough hours to fulfil the warwick criteria unless they make an exception and allow me to use my co-supervisor as a reference.. also cant take it to SGUL as evidence. Brilliant, brilliant news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydster1)
    Hi, I've just has mine and I wore a smart black skirt with tights and small heels, and a cream top that looked smart tucked in. And a blazer, and nice necklace to make them remember me! Its totally fine to not go in a suit, they're not marking you on it and you need to feel comfortable, lots of getting up and sitting down again! Hope that helps a bit
    You had it today? How did it go?

Did you see any girls wearing anything other than a suit? I think I'm stressing about this far too much haha!

ReputationRep:
    You had it today? How did it go?

Did you see any girls wearing anything other than a suit? I think I'm stressing about this far too much haha!
    It was pretty hard. Not quite sure how it went! Well there was only one girl wearing one, the rest were like me with skirt/trousers and blouse or a dress. Don't stress!

ReputationRep:
    I spoke too soon. My supervisor for my assistant psych stuff has essentially refused to give me a reference, meaning I don't have enough hours to fulfil the warwick criteria unless they make an exception and allow me to use my co-supervisor as a reference.. also cant take it to SGUL as evidence. Brilliant, brilliant news
    :eek: Not ideal!

I'm sure SGUL don't request for a supervisor, just call and check tomorrow perhaps?
    I'm afraid I'm of no use when it comes to Warwick

It was pretty hard. Not quite sure how it went! Well there was only one girl wearing one, the rest were like me with skirt/trousers and blouse or a dress. Don't stress!
    Just out of curiosity, as a friend seemed surprised that I'd be wearing a suit :rolleyes: How many blokes were wearing suits rather than just shirt and trousers?

ReputationRep:
    thank you, will try not to haha! Hope its good news for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    :eek: Not ideal!

Just out of curiosity, as a friend seemed surprised that I'd be wearing a suit :rolleyes: How many blokes were wearing suits rather than just shirt and trousers?
    I think all were wearing suits

ReputationRep:
    Just checking, for the DBS check do we have to take the usual documents e.g. proof of address?

ReputationRep:
    Just checking, for the DBS check do we have to take the usual documents e.g. proof of address?
    Just the declaration they sent you and either a passport or driving licence. They don't do the actual DBS until June if you have accepted an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Just the declaration they sent you and either a passport or driving licence. They don't do the actual DBS until June if you have accepted an offer.
    Oh ok great, I was thinking that seemed like a lot of pointless work for them.
    How did your interview go? I followed your blog way back when I was doing GAMSAT and I'm rooting for you! (as much as a competing candidate can haha)

Another annoying question sorry - it says 'statement of results' must be brought - is your degree certificate ok or do you also need transcripts? and we need to take GCSEs and everything??

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok great, I was thinking that seemed like a lot of pointless work for them.
    How did your interview go? I followed your blog way back when I was doing GAMSAT and I'm rooting for you! (as much as a competing candidate can haha)

Another annoying question sorry - it says 'statement of results' must be brought - is your degree certificate ok or do you also need transcripts? and we need to take GCSEs and everything??
    Ha, awesome, thank you

I think most people seemed to have the degree certificate. They just want to know if it's been certified or not. I just had my transcript (stamped by the university) so they accepted that without the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Are any girls not wearing suits? I have looked everywhere but I just look hideous in them (I know it's not a job at a fashion magazine) Id feel so much better in a formal dress maybe with a jacket? But I don't want to be the only one not in a suit and look scruffy?

I have not come across one female doctor inc consultants who has been wearing a suit! So when they say 'go on what the doctors at your work exp have been wearing' ..erm yeah I'll turn up in scrubs/dark jeans

I am am wearing formal dress and jacket. I look hideous in a suit and do not wish to purchase one as I will never ever wear it again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyToms)
    I am am wearing formal dress and jacket. I look hideous in a suit and do not wish to purchase one as I will never ever wear it again!
    Ha that is exactly what I'm going for, for the exact same reason! When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Ha that is exactly what I'm going for, for the exact same reason! When is your interview?
    29th, so not for a little while. Which is good as I'm struggling to get letters from people. Wish they just did what notts do and ask for contact info so they can chase them themselves! Stress!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyToms)
    29th, so not for a little while. Which is good as I'm struggling to get letters from people. Wish they just did what notts do and ask for contact info so they can chase them themselves! Stress!
    Ah I thought you might be on Tuesday, that's when I have mine and I have yet to find anyone else who does!

The most annoying thing is that they have asked for contact details, but also want a letter on top! Just seems like so much more admin work checking all letters for all applicants rather than contacting the referees for the fifty participants who get offers! I'm still waiting on two which are supposed to be in the post...cutting it pretty fine!!

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone doing in terms of prep. I feel so nervous. Can't wait for all of this to be over :|

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is worried about the interview feel comforted by the fact that it can't go worse than mine - semi fainted halfway through and had to be taken out!

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is worried about the interview feel comforted by the fact that it can't go worse than mine - semi fainted halfway through and had to be taken out!
    Oh no! Are you ok now?

ReputationRep:
    oh gosh I'm sure they'll take it into consideration hope you're better now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    Oh no! Are you ok now?
    Yes I haven't been very well all week but didn't think it was a good enough reason to rearrange, Ah well using it as a practice run and also one applicant less to worry about for the rest of you ha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.