Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone going to protest for Palestine?! (In London or Birmingham) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Israel is a stable, modern democracy, that has not threatened destruction of an entire country/religion/people. The same cannot be said of certain other powers in that region. Personally I’m for nuclear disarmament all round
    HAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Israel is an apartheid state.

Clearly you are just ranting out of your ********.

ReputationRep:
    Yd
    What's your opinion on Israeli citizenship laws?

How about settling foreign Jews in illegally occupied land?

What's your opinion about the French Resistance- I guess they killed innocent Germans sometimes so they must be a terrorist group right?

Hamas and Fatah have all the right in the world to defend their country against Israeli aggression, occupation and subjugation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's also worth noting that Israel has killed many Palestinian teenagers in recent months, before the recent three Israelis were killed, both during stone-throwing incidents, when troops responded with live ammunition and at border checkpoints.
    Cheers for posting in this thread, pretty insightful.

Do you have a link to any of these Palestinian teenagers killed by Israelis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    They're just kids, this issue is fashionable right now. It is rather funny to watch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not surprised Indians of your nature are friendly towards Israel.

I'm sure Modi and Netanyahu will in bed soon and the latter will advise the former on the optimum genocidal techniques to be used against Kashmiris and Indian Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpopo)
    I wont attend. I only care about myself..
    (Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    Yeah, I purposely want to go and spend my free time with some smelly hippies :confused:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    No. Not interested in wasting a few hours of my life.
    Hey, at least you guys are honest :mmm:

(Original post by katbob)
    Israel doesn't suffer … the death of millions of Palestinian people
    Until people like you show any signs of #Realness you can't expect the rest of us to engage with you in #Seriousness

(Original post by Cyphrex)
    In War loss of life occurs
    Hamas has declared war on Israel, Israel has not declared war on Palestine. They are fighting an asymmetric sectarian conflict, not an international war

(Original post by lilypear)
    That bold part is wrong. The US are willingly splashing $100Billion on Israel so don't start pretending like they're poor as **** like Palestine
    That bold part is wrong. The US may have splashed out that amount in aid to Israel over the past generation but their future aid arrangements do not include a commitment of a further $100bn

where do you suggest they go to? Into the Israeli parts to be shot on command?
    If I were a freedom fighter it would not be civilians I would be attacking indiscriminately, that's for sure.. terrorism is cowardly, end of

(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Nothing to protest, Palestine is a myth. Never ever has a nation called Palestine existed
    The UN recognises it, as do most of the members of its general assembly. I can understand why Israel (strategically) wouldn’t want to recognise it however

(Original post by felamaslen)
    Israel are not the people who started this and they cannot be the people to end it
    Depends what you mean by ‘it’. Yes, in terms of the recent escalation, but these issues aren’t as simple, or as short-chain, as many in TROTW seem to think

they elect religious totalitarians to rule them, and as such I cannot support any claim to statehood
    You are, perhaps, judging that electorate by your own background/standards. If we can recognise the likes of Sinn Fein then I’m sure we can recognise the non-terrorist segments of the PLO

(Original post by tabmax22)
    Having read a lot around the conflict of Israel and Palestine, I have not been able to find out why exactly Israel has occupied Palestine
    There are a number of reasons why, chief among them, security/legacy of conflicts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palesti...tories#History

IF it is Palestine who are in the wrong
    Wrongs have been committed on both sides over the generations

(Original post by shahbaz)
    Dude you need to get a grip, Israel has the iron dome missile defence system that hardly any of the hamas DIY rockets which are unguided and more like potshots can penetrate
    So Israel is supposed to just defend itself from rockets to the best of its ability, hoping that their casualties will remain limited to people being seriously injured, and not take on the terrorist organisation who have vowed to destroy the entire state? I don't think it's he who needs to "get a grip", dude :rolleyes:

(Original post by Ggmu!)
    Why cant the palestinians get their **** together?
    Consider what it is like to be born, raised, schooled, and living, in Palestine and you will surely have your answer

(Original post by DeemzBeamz)
    Israel itself keeps claiming it's the only democracy in the middle east and boasts about its "democratic" nature. Then you look at their actions and they clearly show they aren't
    I think perhaps you have confused ‘Democracy’ with ‘inert’ :holmes:

it doesn't attempt to hide the many murders it commits, unlike Israel
    Supposing Israel is a murderous state, this still does not negate the fact that it is a democracy

(Original post by universal_set)
    Yes but it doesn't mean I support any kind of physical attack/harm in form of terrorism or war against anyone even if it's against Jews
    Another ‘moderate Muslim’.. :rolleyes:

If it had the mentality of its enemies, it would do so without hesitation
    Correct anzaaaa

(Original post by hihoho)
    Islam means peace
    Guess something got lost in translation..

(Original post by universal_set)
    Islam doesn't allow to kill anyone
    Wrong. Someone hasn’t been reading his Koran
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    That bold part is wrong. The US may have splashed out that amount in aid to Israel over the past generation but their future aid arrangements do not include a commitment of a further $100bn
    They have vowed to supply Israel with $8Million a day until 2018.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Because I think it's more important to keep Israel's Zionist ambitions in check than to force democracy on a people that don't really want it or need it.
    Israel has no intention of re-occupying or bombing Gaza, if Gaza remains peaceable with Israel. If Hamas ceased to exist tomorrow, there would be no more Israeli air strikes. If the movement for Palestinian statehood became liberal and democratic, it would receive widespread popular support across the world (certainly from me anyway!).

(Then again, I would prefer a one-state solution and none of this nationalist rubbish, just liberal democracy all round. But that's a pipe dream right now.)

ReputationRep:
    You are, perhaps, judging that electorate by your own background/standards. If we can recognise the likes of Sinn Fein then I’m sure we can recognise the non-terrorist segments of the PLO
    I wouldn't say they were my own standards, but the standards of the worldwide enlightenment. (In fact to claim them as my own would be egotistical on a gigantic scale). I could only possibly accept the non-terrorist segments of the PLO if they utterly rejected Hamas and Fatah. I would also only support a movement for Palestinian statehood if it were aiming to set up a liberal democracy. Once that liberal democracy was established, sure, there could be a fringe hard-right lunatic party that was once associated with Hamas and Fatah, but no longer posed any threat to democracy, much like Sinn Fein no longer poses a threat to democracy in Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    We already have democracy. It's just that israel wasn't happy with the outcome so thinks it's ok to collectively punish us

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? When are Hamas intending on holding the next election?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    I'm not surprised Indians of your nature are friendly towards Israel.

I'm sure Modi and Netanyahu will in bed soon and the latter will advise the former on the optimum genocidal techniques to be used against Kashmiris and Indian Muslims.
    Indeed, Indians and Israelis are great friends, we enjoy a good relationship with them and hopefully we always will

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Until people like you show any signs of #Realness you can't expect the rest of us to engage with you in #Seriousness

Hamas has declared war on Israel, Israel has not declared war on Palestine. They are fighting an asymmetric sectarian conflict, not an international war

If I were a freedom fighter it would not be civilians I would be attacking indiscriminately, that's for sure.. terrorism is cowardly, end of

The UN recognises it, as do most of the members of its general assembly. I can understand why Israel (strategically) wouldn’t want to recognise it however

Depends what you mean by ‘it’. Yes, in terms of the recent escalation, but these issues aren’t as simple, or as short-chain, as many in TROTW seem to think

There are a number of reasons why, chief among them, security/legacy of conflicts

So Israel is supposed to just defend itself from rockets to the best of its ability, hoping that their casualties will remain limited to people being seriously injured, and not take on the terrorist organisation who have vowed to destroy the entire state? I don't think it's he who needs to "get a grip", dude :rolleyes:

Consider what it is like to be born, raised, schooled, and living, in Palestine and you will surely have your answer

Supposing Israel is a murderous state, this still does not negate the fact that it is a democracy

Correct anzaaaa

Rather then use exessive force Israel has to fix the underling issues with what is causing the violence like stoping the unfair treatment of arabs/palestinians like second class citizens. Not to mention a whole host of other things such as the Israeli land grab in the west bank.

ReputationRep:

Correct anzaaaa

Spare me your garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richard Dawkins)
    British people don't protest as much as say the French, as we're too afraid to voice our opinion in this dreadfully oppressed country.

So France is less oppressive than the UK and that is why they protest more?

Have you not considered that frankly British people have other priorities? or that most think that protesting is not the solution? or that they have a more balanced view? or that they support Israel? etc.

I do not live in fear of voicing my opinion in 'oppressed' Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Indeed, Indians and Israelis are great friends, we enjoy a good relationship with them and hopefully we always will

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How touching

ReputationRep:
    Really? When are Hamas intending on holding the next election?
    Can you tell me why the most recent hostilities started?

Do you know anything about the formation of the Palestinian unity government- something that Israel despised?

Do you know about illegal settlement building?

Just out of interest, how would you react if Pakistanis took over half of England, made no-English zones and practised a policy of apartheid and mass murder against them?

Would you justify violent struggle then or would all those resist be terrorists in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Can you tell me why the most recent hostilities started?

Do you know anything about the formation of the Palestinian unity government- something that Israel despised?

Do you know about illegal settlement building?

Just out of interest, how would you react if Pakistanis took over half of England, made no-English zones and practised a policy of apartheid and mass murder against them?

Would you justify violent struggle then or would all those resist be terrorists in your opinion?
    The most recent hostilities started because Hamas were firing rockets into Israel constantly. Arguably Israel's reaction has been excessive, but the propaganda is too thick to decipher the entire truth. Regardless, it is safe to say that if Hamas stopped firing rockets, Israel would stop the air strikes, like they stopped the air strikes on the West Bank. I knew this since the start, but it was clarified today by the truce which was immediately broken by Hamas, who saw it as an Israeli capitulation.

I assume you're talking about the Hamas-Fatah coalition, in which case I don't blame Israel for despising it. Hamas are a bunch of anti-Semitic fascists who want to destroy Israel and all the Jews in it.

I oppose illegal settlement building, but it is not the root cause of the conflict, as is made obvious by the fact that the rockets are coming out of Gaza, not the West Bank - Israel pulled all settlements from Gaza in 2005, whereas the West Bank is riddled with settlements, some of them illegal under Israeli law (never mind international).

If England were a totalitarian **** hole run by fascists, and Pakistan were a liberal democracy, I would actively support an invasion by Pakistan of England. I'll ignore the canard about apartheid and mass murder, since that is not what is going on. Crimes were committed by the Zionists in the founding years - some of them terrible crimes - but they can't be remedied now and we have to make do with what we've got.

Violent struggle is okay when it is against an oppressive state, but not when it is aimed randomly at civilians. Furthermore, I would never support anybody's violent struggle to create a totalitarian Islamic state, which is what Hamas want to do, especially not if the struggle was against a liberal democracy, which it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katbob)
    Haha aww. Everything you said after "how am I Zionist" proves that you are.
    Its okay :hugs:

That guy said name protests that have actually worked. So I did. Just not in the past 25 years. Its not funny if you have to explain the joke so I'm not surprised why you didn't find it amusing.

Yeah I've commented on about 5 different pictures of that, posted by different people on Facebook, arguing why its not. Plus you're not doing jihad or praying so you have no place to be saying that. You should have used another picture.

We care about all our brothers and sisters in the Muslim ummah. I've written hundreds of letters and emails to my MP, MSP etc so don't tell me I don't care. Keep your theories to yourself pal.

Something does come of it, it raises more awareness. I bet most people don't even know there's a war been going on since 1967 and Israel has been taking over the land. (Refer to lilypears map. Or just read everything she's said so far)

Salaam

You not going to use one of your famous gifs?! lol

Tbh I've never asked that question... Are you Pakistani, what's their view on the situation.
    I know Iran were going to back Palestine up?

Don't know much about all the other Arab countries though tbh :/
    haha no Gifs on ipad unfortunately

im Pakistani

my opinion is very simple rip to the 200 killed killed by Israel and the one killed by Hamas. Innocent people should not die, and both Israel and Hamas should be charged for breaking international law as both target innocent civilians. One clearly more so than the other. I'm disgusted with the media and fellow muslim countries, I now refuse to call us one ummah, we are now a couple of separate ummahs. Real brothers would have opened borders and provided shelter. Why don't all the Arab countries help Palestine out and buy them a missile protector as well ? So overall I'm disgusted with the death of innocent people and the sick trolls who make fun of the dead.

ReputationRep:
    If believing the consequences of Israel's occupation, aggression, injustice and flaunting of international law may lead to its self destruction is deluded, then deluded I shall be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're comical. 50 years and and Israel is still there :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    You're comical. 50 years and and Israel is still there :rolleyes:
    That's so very comical. You do realise israel is beginning to lose friends quicker than anytime before? It is getting extremely isolated. Let's see how well you do without the support of the USA.
    You need to realise, that israel lives off of the occupation of the Palestinian people. You also need to realise that never in the history of human kind has occupation remained in existence, it has always ended at some point.
    So don't be too reliant on the occupation of others for your existence.

We will seek justice, that in itself may be enough, but for many of us justice means revenge.
    You need to realise the consequences of your 47+ year old brutal Occupation and the stealing of land since 1948.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect the occupation to end in my lifetime, I believe it will last for longer until israel realises the hole it has placed itself in. But I know for a fact the occupying entity can't rely on its occupation of an entire people; many of whom are seeking revenge, all are seeking justice, to remain in existence.
    :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.