Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Would you ever approach a pretty girl who wears a hijab? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey I wear the hijab! Out of choice so I don't get approached. However in the past, I haven't been approached, but guys have asked my female friends whether I want to get to know them or not.
    Tbh I don't really like the idea of a guy approaching a girl because they find them pretty, its never been approved by me even when I didn't wear the Hijab... I very much like the idea of being friends and if and when they get to the age of marrying they decide to marry a friend as opposed to someone chosen through family friends, then its all cool. That's my opinion anyway, but alot of my relatives and family friends have married men and women they were in love with or liked. Luckily my family are very flexible, so love (like?) marriages and interracial marriages are accepted

P.s many of you forget the entire purpose of Hijab. Hijab plus my b*tchy resting face has helped me a lot in the sense that I refuse any relationships outside of wedlock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    I will have to agree with you..
    Yep. Probably because there's less stigma attached to chatting to a hijabi girl over Facebook (where no one will really see, or care about) than there is approaching one at school or uni. Especially for those who aren't Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    No i speak persian
    Oh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Yep. Probably because there's less stigma attached to chatting to a hijabi girl over Facebook (where no one will really see, or care about) than there is approaching one at school or uni. Especially for those who aren't Muslim.
    Yeah you are right.. i have lived in the middle East so here many arabs will try and flirt but even yet i havent been approached by them. And I have many white guy friends on facebook and they usually have the same thing to say.. its easier online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Oh
    Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Where do you live?
    Yorkshire, wby?

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

They're all fitnah.

/thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire, wby?
    The Middle East

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course I'd approach a hijabi girl. Why not? Doesn't necessarily mean I am attracted to her. Just a friendly approach.

Edit: if you mean approaching as in ask a hijabi out, then no. I won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    The Middle East
    Ooo wow
    Swap places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExMus)
    Yes, of course I'd approach a hijabi girl. Why not? Doesn't necessarily mean I am attracted to her. Just a friendly approach.

Edit: if you mean approaching as in ask a hijabi out, then no. I won't.
    Fair enough..

ReputationRep:
    Ooo wow
    Swap places?
    Lol how about you just come here as well.. so we can go places together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Yeah you are right.. i have lived in the middle East so here many arabs will try and flirt but even yet i havent been approached by them. And I have many white guy friends on facebook and they usually have the same thing to say.. its easier online
    I know. I wish it would stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Lol how about you just come here as well.. so we can go places together
    Perfect plan

(Original post by minidee6.12)
    Hey I wear the hijab! Out of choice so I don't get approached. However in the past, I haven't been approached, but guys have asked my female friends whether I want to get to know them or not.
    Tbh I don't really like the idea of a guy approaching a girl because they find them pretty, its never been approved by me even when I didn't wear the Hijab... I very much like the idea of being friends and if and when they get to the age of marrying they decide to marry a friend as opposed to someone chosen through family friends, then its all cool. That's my opinion anyway, but alot of my relatives and family friends have married men and women they were in love with or liked. Luckily my family are very flexible, so love (like?) marriages and interracial marriages are accepted

P.s many of you forget the entire purpose of Hijab. Hijab plus my b*tchy resting face has helped me a lot in the sense that I refuse any relationships outside of wedlock
    Are you friends with a lot of Muslim guys?

ReputationRep:
    Perfect plan
    Heheh...

ReputationRep:
    I know. I wish it would stop
    Btw i have no idea who i am talking to.. muslim girl or guy or ... ? Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishi)
    Btw i have no idea who i am talking to.. muslim girl or guy or ... ? Sorry
    Muslim girl Alhamdulilah. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Muslim girl Alhamdulilah. What about you?
    Muslim girl as well.. Alhamdulilah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minidee6.12)
    Hijab plus my b*tchy resting face has helped me a lot in the sense that I refuse any relationships outside of wedlock
    So me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.