The Student Room Group

I FINALLY have a girlfriend! Ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

No shes not your girlfriend, you havent met her in person how do you know if shes for real, so this is a cyber relationship ?
How did you even meet ? She could be even cheating behind your back, look at the age differance find a real women where you speak face to face and can touch her and kiss her.
Age shouldn't tell you who to date unless it's illegal. There's no problem with age differences if both people are of legal age and unfortunately she is not old enough! I can't see how you don't understand that this 'relationship' is wrong! Call her a friend if you like...just not a girlfriend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate, just end it before you, her or both of you get hurt...
There isn't anything stopping you both in a few years but right now, no!
Original post by MylittlePlusle
Cuddles, affection, more cuddles and someone to spend my life with.

She's only 15, you can't plan your life with a 15 year old. You might be ready to settle down at 21 but she's got a lot of growing up to do. 15 is only 3 years away from 12, think about that.
Original post by IMBCFC
No shes not your girlfriend, you havent met her in person how do you know if shes for real, so this is a cyber relationship ?
How did you even meet ? She could be even cheating behind your back, look at the age differance find a real women where you speak face to face and can touch her and kiss her.

Yes, she is my partner, I know that I've not met her yet which saddens me but it's okay, I can wait. We met on Omegle which was by chance. She's not cheating on me, she would of told me. I don't talk to women unless I have to. I have females friends so it's okay, I'm getting more okay with the age gap.
If she's 15 and you're 21 that's really not good, she's a child! :lolwut: if my sister was 15 and had an online 'boyfriend' who was that old I'd be livid.

Go meet someone your own age, or at least legal
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Saralouise95
Age shouldn't tell you who to date unless it's illegal. There's no problem with age differences if both people are of legal age and unfortunately she is not old enough! I can't see how you don't understand that this 'relationship' is wrong! Call her a friend if you like...just not a girlfriend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not wrong, it depends on the mindset of the people in the relationship. We have a close bond anyway. She is my partner and friend.
Original post by Rlove95
She's only 15, you can't plan your life with a 15 year old. You might be ready to settle down at 21 but she's got a lot of growing up to do. 15 is only 3 years away from 12, think about that.

Our plans may change the future, they are not set in stone. I know that and I will be there with her. I'm not ready to get married yet, we're just talking about it.
It's not wrong, it depends on the mindset of the people in the relationship. We have a close bond anyway. She is my partner and friend.

No it doesn't it depends on the law and she is legally still a child! If anything sexual were to happen whilst she was this age you can't use 'its the mindset' in your defence for your reason for breaking the law :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see how it's illegal, love is love. I've never seen that show. I'm not a predator!

She isn't old enough to even know what love is. I can love an 11 year old boy and say 'love is love' but that doesn't stop it from being illegal. If you love her so much, shouldn't you wait till she's at least a little older? You might be emotionally ready for an adult relationship but you can't start an adult relationship with a child, its just not right.
Original post by Odd socks
If she's 15 and you're 21 that's really not good, she's a child! :lolwut: if my sister was 15 and had an online 'boyfriend' who was that old I'd be livid.

Go meet someone your own age, or at least legal

I can understand your viewpoint, many people would be like that, but people need to have an open mind and not be so close minded about relationships, age doesn't tell you the maturity of the person.
No it doesn't it depends on the law and she is legally still a child! If anything sexual were to happen whilst she was this age you can't use 'its the mindset' in your defence for your reason for breaking the law :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing sexual has happened...How many times do I have to repeat myself?
I can understand your viewpoint, many people would be like that, but people need to have an open mind and not be so close minded about relationships, age doesn't tell you the maturity of the person.

The law says she's a child. Do her parents know about this? It's not about being 'open minded', the law is there for a reason and you shouldn't be trying to have a relationship with a minor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see how it's illegal, love is love. I've never seen that show. I'm not a predator!

Exactly, age is just a number and love has no boundaries <3
Yes, she is my partner, I know that I've not met her yet which saddens me but it's okay, I can wait. We met on Omegle which was by chance. She's not cheating on me, she would of told me. I don't talk to women unless I have to. I have females friends so it's okay, I'm getting more okay with the age gap.

She's not cheating on me, she would of told me."

Oh, how naive...
Nothing sexual has happened...How many times do I have to repeat myself?

But in my opinion an adult relationship involves some sort of sex...so by my reckoning you're not actually in a relationship, you're just friends. Besides, who's to say you won't get carried away on skype one night and either say or suggest something sexual - anything can happen in the heat of the moment especially with your 'girlfriend' - that would be wrong. How long until she's 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rlove95
She isn't old enough to even know what love is. I can love an 11 year old boy and say 'love is love' but that doesn't stop it from being illegal. If you love her so much, shouldn't you wait till she's at least a little older? You might be emotionally ready for an adult relationship but you can't start an adult relationship with a child, its just not right.

I didn't love her until the relationship developed. The relationship isn't "adult". What's done is done, I can't turn back time.
Original post by Odd socks
The law says she's a child. Do her parents know about this? It's not about being 'open minded', the law is there for a reason and you shouldn't be trying to have a relationship with a minor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, her mother knows, she's okay with it. I know that, the law is regarding sex, sex isn't a relationship.
But in my opinion an adult relationship involves some sort of sex...so by my reckoning you're not actually in a relationship, you're just friends. Besides, who's to say you won't get carried away on skype one night and either say or suggest something sexual - anything can happen in the heat of the moment especially with your 'girlfriend' - that would be wrong. How long until she's 16?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, no we don't talk about that stuff over skype, it would mess our minds up. We're not friends, we're in a relationship with each other. It's not until next year.
Oh, no we don't talk about that stuff over skype, it would mess our minds up. We're not friends, we're in a relationship with each other. It's not until next year.

What would you class a relationship as then? As in your definition, I'm interested to know. Wow she's only just 15 then? That makes this whole situation even worse hahaha oh god

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest