Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If firearms were legal, would you own one? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes. One to defend my home. Hopefully I would never have to use it though!

(Original post by DiddyDec)
      The hunting is the best bit. But it is each to their own. I do enjoy a good bit of target shooting from time to time. Do you do competitions are just recreational?
      I always shot for hunting, and was only really a club member to continue to hold the license and keep my shot on form, so recreational.

I am a decent shot, shot for my Company in 2009 but I am not outstanding so I don't think I would get far in competitive shooting.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Zen Baphomet)
      I always shot for hunting, and was only really a club member to continue to hold the license and keep my shot on form, so recreational.

I am a decent shot, shot for my Company in 2009 but I am not outstanding so I don't think I would get far in competitive shooting.
      If you ever get some money together I highly recommend you take a trip to South Africa for some big game hunting. It is bloody brilliant fun. I never paid for it because I was working out there, but if I had it would have been worth the money.

If you ever get some money together I highly recommend you take a trip to South Africa for some big game hunting. It is bloody brilliant fun. I never paid for it because I was working out there, but if I had it would have been worth the money.
        Already have, Oryx hunted in 2011 got some good Trophy shots, also been to America a few times and hunted Black Bear.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Zen Baphomet)
        Already have, Oryx hunted in 2011 got some good Trophy shots, also been to America a few times and hunted Black Bear.
        Fair play, you are a man of good tastes when it comes to shooting. I only shot a zebra, but it wasn't a trophy shoot. It was headshots all round we wanted the skins and the meat. I would love to go hunting in America but I can't afford to go while on minimum wage.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by GeschichteJunge)
        Aw

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Who r u? Oh my god

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by laurenmhari)
        Who r u? Oh my god

Posted from TSR Mobile
        A cat called Gerald.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by GeschichteJunge)
        A cat called Gerald.

Posted from TSR Mobile
        Geschictejunge is an interesting user name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by laurenmhari)
        Geschictejunge is an interesting user name

Posted from TSR Mobile
        It's pretty plain, I must tell you...

Posted from TSR Mobile
        • Reporter Team
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        No absolutely not

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Wigwam5)
        My father owns two shotguns in the UK..

So does my Dad, but obviously it doesn't count as the license is solely for hunting animals.

A pheasant is not a human.

ReputationRep:

Barbaric, inhumane, uncivilized, degenerate and savage.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TolerantBeing)
        Barbaric, inhumane, uncivilized, degenerate and savage.
        A man has got to eat. What would you have me do, starve?

To be quite honest, as long as I am acting with the law I don't really care what you think. I really enjoy hunting.

(Also I have passed my psychiatric evaluation).

ReputationRep:
        A man has got to eat. What would you have me do, starve?

To be quite honest, as long as I am acting with the law I don't really care what you think. I really enjoy hunting.

(Also I have passed my psychiatric evaluation).
        Don't pretend to me that the only purpose of you shooting is so you can survive. Well so long as you know, a significant proportion of the population finds you people incredibly foolish.

Me, *beats chest* man likes shoot big animals! Makes me feel big strong man!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TolerantBeing)
        Don't pretend to me that the only purpose of you shooting is so you can survive. Well so long as you know, a significant proportion of the population finds you people incredibly foolish.
        I really don't care what the rest of the population thinks about me.

Most of my shooting is for pest control purposes which is then eaten. I recommend BBQ squirrel, it is a good snack.

ReputationRep:
        I would get a shotgun and totally say

ReputationRep:
        I'd have a 9mm pistol. Don't need a big gun, just something I can do home invaders with in an emergency.

ReputationRep:
        If I did live in a society where you could legally own firearms, I'd buy a Glock. It's the one Jack Bauer uses.

ReputationRep:
        I'd probably have a simple 9mm for when I'm out (some of the area I live in is quite dodgy, and I get seriously paranoid at times). And for my home, I'd probably settle for a FN series assault rifle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.