Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst advice you have ever received? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love shopping)
    Why did they want you to get pregnant? :lolwut:
    This was a few years ago when I was single and had been for a while. An acquaintance who had four children herself asked me if I ever thought about having kids to which I replied something along the lines of "if I find someone to have them with" to which she laughed, said I didn't need a husband/boyfriend to have a baby and followed up with her advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'If you get bullied, just ignore it.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmertic)
    I think every piece of advice I have ever received has been bad. Never ask for advice, trust your own judgment. If it doesn't pay off, f*** it. You stood by yourself and what you thought was best.
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    My friend tried to tell me to turn gay to deal with my lack of success with women ,not helped by trying to get some advice from said friend. Not only is that not how sexuality works, what makes anyone think I'm more attractive to guys than girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zen Baphomet)
    "Your clear, run now!"

It wasn't, I got shot.
    Army or just coming out of Mac Ds in the High Street?

(Original post by Racoon)
      Army or just coming out of Mac Ds in the High Street?
      Former.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.