Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

General Discussion Further Pure 1 - 4 Maths 2015 [All Exam Boards] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing fp1 and decision this year does anyone have any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieBarlow87)
    I am doing fp1 and decision this year does anyone have any advice ?
    Did it last year..
    FP1: just do more papers and understand it
    D1: make sure you know all definitions by heart before the exam, know exactly the steps. They want to see the working, not the final answer.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use any revision guides for further pure? Because I don't really understand the textbook so I would like to buy something different to revise

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use any revision guides for further pure? Because I don't really understand the textbook so I would like to buy something different to revise
    Textbooks arent great, many mistakes as well. Personally i dont revise maths using revision guides, more practice the better really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    Did it last year..
    FP1: just do more papers and understand it
    D1: make sure you know all definitions by heart before the exam, know exactly the steps. They want to see the working, not the final answer.
    Thank you, I have quite a bit of time between my other exams and d1 to fine tune all the definitions and stuff so that should be on point

ReputationRep:
    Which one(s)? If it's just FP1 then you're best off revising from the textbook and practising. If you're doing the later further pure modules I can suggest more books to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Which one(s)? If it's just FP1 then you're best off revising from the textbook and practising. If you're doing the later further pure modules I can suggest more books to get.
    This year I am only doing fp1 but next year I will be doing more of them so would love to hear your suggestions

ReputationRep:
    This year I am only doing fp1 but next year I will be doing more of them so would love to hear your suggestions
    These two are good. They cover all of the maths in all the further pure modules for most boards and go further than the spec in a lot of areas. They're definitely worth it if you do multiple A2 further maths modules. If you just do FP2 then they'll be useful but you won't use many of the chapters.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Further-Pure.../dp/0859501035

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Further-Pure.../dp/0199147353

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.