Leeds Dentistry 2015 Applications Watch

ash0210
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dentist123)
I cant expand but for some of the stations e.g. the ethical one- it was so weird lol thats all I am going to say x
Ah crap..well I just hope my brain doesn't shut down in that station haha. Do they give you a minute to look over the scenario and form your opinion before you start talking about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dentist123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ash0210)
Ah crap..well I just hope my brain doesn't shut down in that station haha. Do they give you a minute to look over the scenario and form your opinion before you start talking about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeh they give you time. lool dont worry, they know your human and are not dental students they are not testing your knowledge, just basic skills, thats why minimal prep is important in these kind of interviews x relax!
carrellii
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To anyone who has already done their interview- were there any generic questions? I'm not asking for specifics I'm just a little worried that everything I'll be asked will be nothing like I've seen before!
niicoleaa
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know which floor it is on lol
ash0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yeh they give you time. lool dont worry, they know your human and are not dental students they are not testing your knowledge, just basic skills, thats why minimal prep is important in these kind of interviews x relax!
Aw thanks for the reassurance! feel slightly more confident about it now haha. Which stations do you feel you performed best at? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
dentist123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw thanks for the reassurance! feel slightly more confident about it now haha. Which stations do you feel you performed best at? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
whens your interview?
Um i found most of it challenging tbh! aha but I enjoyed the memory one and the origami one even though I didnt finish it :P
ash0210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
whens your interview?
Um i found most of it challenging tbh! aha but I enjoyed the memory one and the origami one even though I didnt finish it :P
Mines on Wednesday :s yeah I'm looking forward to those two stations, and trying out the MOOG simodonts. Is Leeds your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
dentist123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mines on Wednesday :s yeah I'm looking forward to those two stations, and trying out the MOOG simodonts. Is Leeds your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol not really, Kings is my first choice but I think plymouth has the best dental course IMO. I like that leeds offers a masters degree but IDK lol X
ImAz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rosie2015)
Does anyone know if we have to do the presentation stood up or sat down?
It was sat down last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rosie2015
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you my prep isn't the best tbh. I'm worried for the speech, because I know I'm gonna mess it up somehow. Just gonna try my best lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same! I'm not great with speeches at the best of times! :L
ImAz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lol not really, Kings is my first choice but I think plymouth has the best dental course IMO. I like that leeds offers a masters degree but IDK lol X
Sorry to but in

Out of all my friends, the one studying dentistry at Plymouth is enjoying it the most. My friend at Leeds isn't really enjoying how academic it is and same with kings.

Plymouth is the best for patient contact by far, part of me wishes I'd picked plymouth over Queens but the other part of me loves London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dentist123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ImAz)
Sorry to but in

Out of all my friends, the one studying dentistry at Plymouth is enjoying it the most. My friend at Leeds isn't really enjoying how academic it is and same with kings.

Plymouth is the best for patient contact by far, part of me wishes I'd picked plymouth over Queens but the other part of me loves London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha no problem! yeh I think plymouth is amazing! best dental course by far. I agree Leeds and kings is very academic. I like kings cause its in london but if plymouth was in london I would definitely say it would be my first choice. people there are amazing! are you at queens now? xx
koyyj127
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The presentation was a stand up one for me last year though >_>
ImAz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by koyyj127)
The presentation was a stand up one for me last year though >_>
Mine said "sit down it doesn't matter" I guess it won't be a deciding factor but I thought I should obey ha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
carrellii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interview tomorrow at 8am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
farmy93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by carrellii)
Interview tomorrow at 8am!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! But at 1pm. The only filled in form we have to bring is the BMAT form yes? And identification and all that malarkey

Posted from TSR Mobile
minimousedentist
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the presentation, if we're like a few seconds over 5 mins will they stop us?
farmy93
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They might dock marks by how many seconds you go over e.g. 1-10 seconds over will have a smaller penalty than 10-20 - that's what they do at my uni anyway! Super annoying if you only go over by 11 seconds...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shaz xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
has anyone got their leeds interview tomorrow??? I am so nervous about the ethical dilemma station!!
mhighkeyellis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by farmy93)
Same! But at 1pm. The only filled in form we have to bring is the BMAT form yes? And identification and all that malarkey

Posted from TSR Mobile
What BMAT form?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads