Lancaster Offer Holders 2015 Watch

steelman1000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amelialouisexo)
Thank you! :-)
I'm thinking Bowland but I'm not 100% yet. Are you taking law too? And what college are you thinking?
I have received an offer for law too and am also thinking on bowland but am really struggling to choose between en suite or standard accommodation, and also choosing on the weeks either 40,36 or 43. want the best value for money and also convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
amelialouisexo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by steelman1000)
I have received an offer for law too and am also thinking on bowland but am really struggling to choose between en suite or standard accommodation, and also choosing on the weeks either 40,36 or 43. want the best value for money and also convenient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! :-)
And I think I'm definitely going to be getting the ensuite but it's so hard to choose all the little details! Are you going to an applicant day?
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And I think I'm definitely going to be getting the ensuite but it's so hard to choose all the little details! Are you going to an applicant day?
yeah going on the 7th of feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vlad.Str
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I just got a conditional offer for marketing and advertising! I'm firming Lancaster 100%
Kathiye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're thinking superior ensuite then definitely go for Bowland! It's in Bowland Tower and was redone about a year ago - it's lovely. (definitely not writing this from my bed there now...)
imaanicus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kathiye)
If you're thinking superior ensuite then definitely go for Bowland! It's in Bowland Tower and was redone about a year ago - it's lovely. (definitely not writing this from my bed there now...)
Haha i really like bowland and i do want a superior ensuite how much rent is it weekly? Oh btw is the ensuite a wetroom or is it a normal bathroom with a shower and toilet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quietowl9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there I have an unconditional offer to study Biological Sciences provided that I firm choice the university
Ray0405
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you! :-)
I'm thinking Bowland but I'm not 100% yet. Are you taking law too? And what college are you thinking?
I'm taking natural sciences, I want to got to either bowland or lonsdale. I really want ensuite accom, what about yourself?
amelialouisexo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kathiye)
Aww thank you for the advice I'll definitely consider it then! :-)
Can't wait to start
Kathiye
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by imaanicus)
Haha i really like bowland and i do want a superior ensuite how much rent is it weekly? Oh btw is the ensuite a wetroom or is it a normal bathroom with a shower and toilet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
£126 a week for your year. Slightly painful, I know, but it's the same price as all of the other superior ensuite, which is the majority of the uni's accommodation. As far as I know Bowland's the only one that has a normal bathroom, although the shower curtain can go a bit mad at time - the rest of the colleges have wetrooms. The bathroom looks like a little hotel bathroom! There are pictures on the Lancaster Residences facebook page.

Edit: Oh, I should probably also add that Bowland has just ensuites (Slaidburn) and basic ensuites (Halls) as well, which are £122.85 and £114.10 a week respectively. Slaidburn is pretty nice too, but I haven't seen enough of the basic ensuites to make much of a judgement.
Jmce
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is anyone going to the open day on 14th march?
BestWingmanEver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! Im going to the 21st feb open day. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
aleea03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BestWingmanEver)
Hey! Im going to the 21st feb open day. Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went to a visit day in December...do you know if they're the same thing or slightly different? Because I might book to go to an open day as well seeing as I'm seriously considering it as my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebeccalh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy, I'm currently a first year Bsc Marketing & Design student at Lancaster, so if anyone has any questions about the course, campus, nightlife, colleges, etc. feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer Good luck to you all! x
Ray0405
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes i do have a question, how is the nightlife? I am used to nights out in London, Leeds and Manc. What is the club scene like?

Cheers,

Ray. ☺
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rebeccalh)
Heyy, I'm currently a first year Bsc Marketing & Design student at Lancaster, so if anyone has any questions about the course, campus, nightlife, colleges, etc. feel free to ask, I'll be happy to answer Good luck to you all! x
hey!! which is the best college as in the most animated! no bias please haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebeccalh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hey!! which is the best college as in the most animated! no bias please haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyy! Okay, I'll be completely honest with you. I'm currently in Lonsdale, don't get me wrong, it's a great college and I've met some amazing people and I absolutely love it (rooms are great and they're all ensuite!) But if I had the choice again, I'd probably go for Grizedale, just because they're close to everything and have great rooms too.
You have to have a first and second choice anyway so I'd put grizedale and then Lonsdale
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Heyy! Okay, I'll be completely honest with you. I'm currently in Lonsdale, don't get me wrong, it's a great college and I've met some amazing people and I absolutely love it (rooms are great and they're all ensuite!) But if I had the choice again, I'd probably go for Grizedale, just because they're close to everything and have great rooms too.
You have to have a first and second choice anyway so I'd put grizedale and then Lonsdale
thanks so much!! Heard a lot of negative about bowland but I like those two. also people say Lancaster is in the middle of nowhere so the nightlife is really dull. is this true? I have offers from Liverpool and Lancaster but am really struggling to choose a firm although Lancaster require higher grades. which do you think is best? thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
steelman1000
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why do do I need first and second choice? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rebeccalh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why do do I need first and second choice? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because when they open the accommodation portal, you register for which college you want to be in but there isn't always enough places so you have a second choice just in case theres no rooms left in the first college
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise