HKU / CUHK Medicine Non-JUPAS Applicants 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
ditde
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any lurkers out there also going to HKU this Fall? I'd be down to have a little meet up, feel free to PM me!
ox852
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ditde)
I just received my offer from HKU 6 hours ago by email. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Would you mind telling me if yours is a conditional/unconditional offer? Cheers, many congrats!
minuteMoon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has any degree holder heard back yet?
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone heard from HKU regarding the july interviews? It's 2 weeks before July interview date that the HKU med fac lady told me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
beanie852
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
did anyone get an email inviting them to the gathering tmr? They said that (IB students) eligible for entry based on the IB results will be sent an email in the evening (HK time), and its evening already :/
claratiara
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beanie852)
did anyone get an email inviting them to the gathering tmr? They said that (IB students) eligible for entry based on the IB results will be sent an email in the evening (HK time), and its evening already :/
:/ I wish they'd send an email notifying people who didn't make it... at least I can stop waiting...
bellato
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by claratiara)
:/ I wish they'd send an email notifying people who didn't make it... at least I can stop waiting...
they will send one..but probably around September..
claratiara
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
has any IB ppl received any emails yettttttt
LWW1989
Report 3 years ago
Hi though I am not applying to Medicine, but Engineering. So far no emails yet for me....Status page still says Under Consideration....I called and asked that the results for all applicants will be released till late August. But I heard that the curriculum starts in September? How are we gonna make it till then if we are from overseas??
beanie852
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just wondering.. were the CUHK interview offers made through phone call or email? And when will they begin sending out July/August interview offers?
bellato
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beanie852)
Just wondering.. were the CUHK interview offers made through phone call or email? And when will they begin sending out July/August interview offers?
they called me, emailed me and mailed me...
probably a week ahead of the interview
bellato
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LWW1989)
Hi though I am not applying to Medicine, but Engineering. So far no emails yet for me....Status page still says Under Consideration....I called and asked that the results for all applicants will be released till late August. But I heard that the curriculum starts in September? How are we gonna make it till then if we are from overseas??
unfortunately that's exactly how the procedure goes...lol..
for HKU, the semester starts in mid Sept btw
ox852
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any degree holder/fds heard back from CUHK (late June round interview) and HKU (Dec 2014 Fast Track interview)? I am just wondering if they are holding back unconditional offers to degree holders before they finalize all conditional offers for school leavers...the long wait is a pain
bellato
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ox852)
Any degree holder/fds heard back from CUHK (late June round interview) and HKU (Dec 2014 Fast Track interview)? I am just wondering if they are holding back unconditional offers to degree holders before they finalize all conditional offers for school leavers...the long wait is a pain
I've just read last year's thread..
I found that most people received their offers around mid to late August, so perhaps the wait has still to be going on for a while..lol
minuteMoon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ox852)
Cannot agree more.
thecheesecakeee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minuteMoon)
Cannot agree more.
Hello! I applied with my GCE A Levels and I'm more or less on the verge of giving up waiting... Uni here starts in Aug and i havent heard from them yet. Plus I'll need to start paying for my tuition fees soon so... All the best to those who are still waiting for HKU!
schwy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Congratulations to those who have received an offer! And to those who are waiting for an offer or an interview, wish you guys best of luck

Here's a thread from another forum on MBBS and MBChB, some of the users are locals (HKDSE, local uni pg through non jupas), and there are also some who are currently attending HKU and CUHK that are offering advice on interviews and the program. You may find some useful information (It's in Chinese btw)

http://forum4.hkgolden.com/view.aspx...essage=5945405
http://forum4.hkgolden.com/view.aspx...essage=5844950
http://forum1.hkgolden.com/view.aspx...5245152&page=1 (2014)
bellato
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys,
I just read that someone from JUPAS (local high school applicants) received an email from HKU saying that their interview performance was "very satisfactory" .
I wonder if this also applies to non-jupas applicants?
bellomed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I received my admission offer from CUHK today via email.
med1030
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bellomed)
Hi guys,

I received my admission offer from CUHK today via email.
Congrats! Are you a degree holder?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (469)
38.13%
No - but I will (95)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.07%

Watched Threads