The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by x11
Anyone heard anything from Nottingham or Glasgow Cali?
Been rejected from Herts and Surrey for not meeting a personal or academic profile, which is a bit rubbish, but they were my backup choices.

I'm waiting on word from Glasgow ... I applied in November, so the wait is a bit ridiculous at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 181
Original post by VanessaGeorgina
I'm waiting on word from Glasgow ... I applied in November, so the wait is a bit ridiculous at this point

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha, that's a bit more reassuring then. I don't really know what the profile of a good candidate is for them, but I'm male, achieving highly on a full science access course and have 7 years as a chef at a high level. I was toying with doing food manufacture and nutrition, but the bursary swung it for me, so if I don't get a place, maybe clearing I can get onto the food/nutrition based course instead at GC or Notts.
Original post by hannahjune
Anyone heard back from Nottingham yet from the interviews last Wednesday? x

I haven't heard anything from them as of yet!
Original post by x11
Ha, that's a bit more reassuring then. I don't really know what the profile of a good candidate is for them, but I'm male, achieving highly on a full science access course and have 7 years as a chef at a high level. I was toying with doing food manufacture and nutrition, but the bursary swung it for me, so if I don't get a place, maybe clearing I can get onto the food/nutrition based course instead at GC or Notts.

I'm also waiting on word from GC, I think I remember meeting you at Leeds Beckett a few weeks ago though?
Reply 184
Not me, didn't apply to leeds.
Original post by x11
Not me, didn't apply to leeds.

No? Haha my mistake, well I did also meet a male, who was a chef and doing an access course, he was waiting on Nottingham as well!
Reply 186
We are a fine breed, so the mistake is easily made :smile:
Original post by Idrees_anwar
I haven't heard anything from them as of yet!

Ahh, glad I'm not the only one.. because they said groups 1&2 would be quick I was starting to think I'll be in group 3 but maybe no one has heard yet.. I've been obsessively checking my email all week!
Ahh, glad I'm not the only one.. because they said groups 1&2 would be quick I was starting to think I'll be in group 3 but maybe no one has heard yet.. I've been obsessively checking my email all week!

It's either that, or we are both in group 3 haha! I'm doing the same, although they may send it in the post, as they seem to have a thing about not using UCAS
It's either that, or we are both in group 3 haha! I'm doing the same, although they may send it in the post, as they seem to have a thing about not using UCAS

Haha that's possible! and they might do... going to be sat waiting for the postman too now! Oh and were you in the first or second group being interviewed last week?
Haha that's possible! and they might do... going to be sat waiting for the postman too now! Oh and were you in the first or second group being interviewed last week?

Just going to have to wait and see! I was in the first set of people to be interviewed, I was the only guy there! What about you?
Just going to have to wait and see! I was in the first set of people to be interviewed, I was the only guy there! What about you?

Ahh, I was in the second interview group but I can remember you from the group activity, I was the one sat on your left
Ahh, I was in the second interview group but I can remember you from the group activity, I was the one sat on your left

The one who started the writing on that task? How did your interview go do you think? :smile:
The one who started the writing on that task? How did your interview go do you think? :smile:

Yeah that was me :smile: and I thought it went quite well, looking back I could've given better answers to some of the questions but I think I answered most of them alright, how did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that was me :smile: and I thought it went quite well, looking back I could've given better answers to some of the questions but I think I answered most of them alright, how did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha I remember you then! About the same really, my worry is that I was a little too vague with my answers?
Haha I remember you then! About the same really, my worry is that I was a little too vague with my answers?

Yeah in the interview some of my answers were really short as it's really difficult thinking what to say on the spot and when asked to expand on what I said I think I just ended up repeating myself... hopefully what I said made some sort of sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah in the interview some of my answers were really short as it's really difficult thinking what to say on the spot and when asked to expand on what I said I think I just ended up repeating myself... hopefully what I said made some sort of sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard from anywhere else that you applied?
Have you heard from anywhere else that you applied?

I've got offers from Coventry, Hertfordshire & the nutrition course at Nottingham, just waiting to here back from them for Dietetics now... how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by Emilyb1006
Anyone else have an interview at Leeds Beckett on 25th feb? Or Plymouth on 18th feb? :smile:

Hiya....I'm waiting to hear from Plymouth....when did you find out about your interview? Also, when did you apply? I only sent my application on 14th Jan and now I wish I'd got it in sooner. Everyone I know who has interview at Plymouth applied way before Xmas. Do you happen to know when the next lot of interviews are? I think I've missed the boat on this...and Plymouth is my only option because I need to stay local. Arghhh.....
Original post by Emilyb1006
Anyone else have an interview at Leeds Beckett on 25th feb? Or Plymouth on 18th feb? :smile:

I have Plymouth on the 18th Feb :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending