?
Report 3 years ago
Conditional here
justyna.malkiew
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got an unconditional to study Psychology starting this year, amazed!
Catherine28
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I've got an unconditional to study Psychology at Hull too, I was surprised as well!
justyna.malkiew
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh, see you there then!
thunderstxrms
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Had my offer changed from 300 UCAS points to a B in mathematics. I'm going to be studying physics!
justyna.malkiew
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its really interesting what they did. When I called the University up, to ask about the letter to make sure it wasn't some sick late April Fools joke, they said that a lot of people were not taking up offers from Hull because they had at least one unconditional offer elsewhere and it was simply easier, so they were gonna take a huge cut in students. So they started to give out unconditional offers to their best applicants. Its pretty sweet for all of us who now have literally the weight of the world taken off our shoulders, but my teachers have been very unenthusiastic.
espurred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an unconditional to study Computer Science with Games Development! Made it my firm choice yesterday.

Anyone know anything about the accommodation and where would be best to stay for the first year?
justyna.malkiew
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Depends what you are looking to get from the accommodation.
thunderstxrms
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by espurred)
Got an unconditional to study Computer Science with Games Development! Made it my firm choice yesterday.

Anyone know anything about the accommodation and where would be best to stay for the first year?
Congrats on the unconditional

From what I gather, most first years go for The Lawns. There are some catered/self catered depending on what you want. They're about 3 miles from campus but you get a free bus pass. Some rooms have ensuite too.

Taylor Court is on campus, but has a longer let and is more expensive. Normally used by international students and students on courses with a longer teaching year.

Student houses are closer to campus, maybe like a 5 minute walk max? Not ensuite, but have a range of room sizes.
laimliam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Made Hull my insurance choice and got an unconditional offer through the post yesterday, loving life!
Alex008
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is the offer still unconditional if we put it as our insurance?

Cause I got a letter the other day which changed it to unconditional - im studying Computer Science
justyna.malkiew
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alex008)
Is the offer still unconditional if we put it as our insurance?

Cause I got a letter the other day which changed it to unconditional - im studying Computer Science
It's only if you make it your firm choice.
Alex008
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by justyna.malkiew)
It's only if you make it your firm choice.
So what happens if I make it my insurance?
justyna.malkiew
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Then it stays conditional.
laimliam
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You could always risk it. I had a lowered offer a while ago to EEE before so long as it was my firm choice. I made it my insurance a few weeks ago (so that went out the window) but then got a letter on Friday saying my offer was changed to unconditional even as my insurance. They said it was because of my personal statement, predicted grades and stuff, so maybe you could risk it as your insurance!
Disgruntledbio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hull have dropped 12 places in the rankings, student numbers have dropped significantly so they are offering everyone unconditional. It's a bad uni at the moment, don't be fooled by their sales pitch.
NVDTahir
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I beg to differ, I'm sorry but I think that's not true.

Hull University is a great University, they have excellent facilities. The biomedical sciences laboratories for example have had a multi-million investment by the owner of Hull City Football Club and they are one of the best of it's kind in the whole country.

I'm sure the other departments in the uni are pretty impressive as well
Alex008
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Actually Hull University have considerably improved in recent years, especially high considering entry requirements when regarding Computer Science.

I wouldn't let disgruntledbio change your opinion, he has only made 3 posts with all of them being posts on this thread about how bad the uni is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
  • University of Hull
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise