The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
They may be doing it alphabetically then.. Congratulations ahhhhhh!!
Original post by c1arad
They may be doing it alphabetically then.. Congratulations ahhhhhh!!

Exactly what I was thinking. And I'm right at the bottom, great!
ok so do we wanna start saying what we wrote about in the 800 word article?? :biggrin: I will start by saying.....

drum rolls please......:colone:...

Ok so I wrote about how androgyny and masculine/feminine silhouettes influence the fashion industry through the ages so I started with a bit of history and then went on to talk about androgynous shapes and how women and men borrow styles from each other..

I really hope I was original and wrote something interesting and unique...what did you guys write about?
Reply 183
I wrote about my opinion on John Galliano x Margiela
Original post by lccy
I wrote about my opinion on John Galliano x Margiela

That's interesting! He provoked everyone by timing to debut his collection in London right on the last day of LCM! But I like Galliano despite his behaviour few years back
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chalayan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pinkylicious
That's interesting! He provoked everyone by timing to debut his collection in London right on the last day of LCM! But I like Galliano despite his behaviour few years back

He's too good to dislike ahaha
I wrote about designers swapping jobs, changing ideologies of big labels for the better or for worse cough cough saint laurent, balenciaga etc
(edited 9 years ago)
well you can separate the professional likability to the personal in a sense
Original post by kjasmine
well you can separate the professional likability to the personal in a sense

That's true but I Love Galliano he is a genius and I have the same passion for the 18th century like he does and all his theatrical fashion appearances lol... I do also think he was stupid and drunk to say such things in public but still no one can deny a genius like him lol! Yes he is human and everyone in life deserves a second chance lol
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chayalan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...

Thanks! I just picked on androgyny because it seemed to match the contemporary fashion mood I think.. Not sure if I got it right but I hope it's good enough.. I am sure you did a great job on your article don't worry :smile:
Reply 191
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chayalan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...

I don't think there's anything 'wrong' seeing as the brief was so vague. They'll love anything original and well written. It sounds like you've done the right thing to me :smile: xx
Reply 192
Original post by lozzaxharris
I wrote about designers swapping jobs, changing ideologies of big labels for the better or for worse cough cough saint laurent, balenciaga etc

What did you think about Alexander Wang becoming creative director of Balenciaga?
Reply 193

Yeah I also love Galliano - just hope I don't look like a suck up as he went to CSM! Haha.
Original post by lccy
I don't think there's anything 'wrong' seeing as the brief was so vague. They'll love anything original and well written. It sounds like you've done the right thing to me :smile: xx

thanks i appreciate that!
Reply 195
I talked about racism in fashion.. All of your articles have really good themes and the one on androgyny sounds so interesting!
Original post by c1arad
I talked about racism in fashion.. All of your articles have really good themes and the one on androgyny sounds so interesting!
oh thank you!! Now racism in fashion is great topic to debate I like it! :smile:
Reply 197
oh thank you!! Now racism in fashion is great topic to debate I like it! :smile:

It was a topic I could easily expand to eight hundred words without waffling so I hope they like it!
Original post by c1arad
It was a topic I could easily expand to eight hundred words without waffling so I hope they like it!
it's good to be provocative and include controversial subjects I think.. Plus they were so vague with the brief they want to see what type of work we produced 😥😥
Original post by lccy
What did you think about Alexander Wang becoming creative director of Balenciaga?

Although I thought his own S/S15 collection was kinda genius using the concept of must have trainers like stan smiths and fly knits as inspiration. I'm not the biggest Wang fan, but I couldn't deny that he did fashion up good clothing in 2008/9/10. As for Balenciaga...well no one really mentions it now. Everyone is looking at Louis Vuitton because of Nicholas

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending