Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants Watch

c1arad
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They may be doing it alphabetically then.. Congratulations ahhhhhh!!
withlove
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by c1arad)
They may be doing it alphabetically then.. Congratulations ahhhhhh!!
Exactly what I was thinking. And I'm right at the bottom, great!
pinkylicious
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ok so do we wanna start saying what we wrote about in the 800 word article?? I will start by saying.....

drum rolls please.........

Ok so I wrote about how androgyny and masculine/feminine silhouettes influence the fashion industry through the ages so I started with a bit of history and then went on to talk about androgynous shapes and how women and men borrow styles from each other..

I really hope I was original and wrote something interesting and unique...what did you guys write about?
lccy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote about my opinion on John Galliano x Margiela
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lccy)
I wrote about my opinion on John Galliano x Margiela
That's interesting! He provoked everyone by timing to debut his collection in London right on the last day of LCM! But I like Galliano despite his behaviour few years back
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chalayan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...
lozzaxharris
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pinkylicious)
That's interesting! He provoked everyone by timing to debut his collection in London right on the last day of LCM! But I like Galliano despite his behaviour few years back
He's too good to dislike ahaha
lozzaxharris
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wrote about designers swapping jobs, changing ideologies of big labels for the better or for worse cough cough saint laurent, balenciaga etc
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
well you can separate the professional likability to the personal in a sense
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kjasmine)
well you can separate the professional likability to the personal in a sense
That's true but I Love Galliano he is a genius and I have the same passion for the 18th century like he does and all his theatrical fashion appearances lol... I do also think he was stupid and drunk to say such things in public but still no one can deny a genius like him lol! Yes he is human and everyone in life deserves a second chance lol
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chayalan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...
Thanks! I just picked on androgyny because it seemed to match the contemporary fashion mood I think.. Not sure if I got it right but I hope it's good enough.. I am sure you did a great job on your article don't worry
lccy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i love the androgyny idea! i focused on Oscar Wilde's art or life riddle and looked at smart tech, CDG, McQueen, Owens, Margiela/ Galliano and Chayalan so it wasn't focused on one particular design house or theme but i think i may of done the wrong thing now...
I don't think there's anything 'wrong' seeing as the brief was so vague. They'll love anything original and well written. It sounds like you've done the right thing to me xx
lccy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lozzaxharris)
I wrote about designers swapping jobs, changing ideologies of big labels for the better or for worse cough cough saint laurent, balenciaga etc
What did you think about Alexander Wang becoming creative director of Balenciaga?
lccy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I also love Galliano - just hope I don't look like a suck up as he went to CSM! Haha.
kjasmine
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lccy)
I don't think there's anything 'wrong' seeing as the brief was so vague. They'll love anything original and well written. It sounds like you've done the right thing to me xx
thanks i appreciate that!
c1arad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I talked about racism in fashion.. All of your articles have really good themes and the one on androgyny sounds so interesting!
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I talked about racism in fashion.. All of your articles have really good themes and the one on androgyny sounds so interesting!
oh thank you!! Now racism in fashion is great topic to debate I like it!
c1arad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oh thank you!! Now racism in fashion is great topic to debate I like it!
It was a topic I could easily expand to eight hundred words without waffling so I hope they like it!
pinkylicious
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was a topic I could easily expand to eight hundred words without waffling so I hope they like it!
it's good to be provocative and include controversial subjects I think.. Plus they were so vague with the brief they want to see what type of work we produced 😥😥
lozzaxharris
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lccy)
What did you think about Alexander Wang becoming creative director of Balenciaga?
Although I thought his own S/S15 collection was kinda genius using the concept of must have trainers like stan smiths and fly knits as inspiration. I'm not the biggest Wang fan, but I couldn't deny that he did fashion up good clothing in 2008/9/10. As for Balenciaga...well no one really mentions it now. Everyone is looking at Louis Vuitton because of Nicholas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.69%
No - but I will (100)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (622)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise