Edexcel A2 C3 Mathematics 12th June 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Abel Demoz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by V0ldemort17)
Hey guys, any chance of some S2 help? When drawing a probability density function for X as below, as 1 is not equal Attachment 349811 to x but to 3x^2/14, you draw it as 3/14 and not as 1 right?

If that's the case, why is 1 the mode??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember that it's continuous, not discrete. Therefore, it can have an infinite number of digits after the decimal so just look it as 0.9999999999999999 being the mode which is pretty much 1
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was wondering whether anyone has started either the Solomon or elm wood papers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys, cant believe I am only just finding this thread.
I had my C3 mock just before we broke up for the christmas holiday and my teacher gave us the Edexcel June 2014 R Paper for the mock
I think it was pretty hard, and she believes it to be harder/ on par with the June 2013 paper. I got 66/75 in it big step down from 75/75 in both C1 & C2
I only did like 4 papers though for preparation and they were the early papers. I really want 100UMS in C3 as I NEED the A* in maths.

I have worked my way through the book and did pretty much every question in it. Should I go hard on papers now or do it steadily and read up on C4 instead as before we broke up we have completed. Chapter 1, 2, 3 and 3/4 of Chapter 6. I havent done any of the exercises for these as I just couldnt be bothered and we had our C3 mocks so I focused on fininsh the book questions for C3 than following the book work in class.

What would be the best way forward. Do past papers for C3 to complete a lot of them or do like 3/4 and finish the C4 exercises before getting back to college?
MrJAKEE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi everyone I'm in my AS year and for some reason I'm taking C3 early as part of my further maths a level. What is C3 like? Is it hard to get 100 UMS in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by MrJAKEE)
Hi everyone I'm in my AS year and for some reason I'm taking C3 early as part of my further maths a level. What is C3 like? Is it hard to get 100 UMS in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally think it's quite a step up from C1 and C2, however its still manageable. I think once you've got your head around C3 differentiation and trig it isn't too bad. You'll be fine.

(Original post by Hudl)
Hi guys, cant believe I am only just finding this thread.
I had my C3 mock just before we broke up for the christmas holiday and my teacher gave us the Edexcel June 2014 R Paper for the mock
I think it was pretty hard, and she believes it to be harder/ on par with the June 2013 paper. I got 66/75 in it big step down from 75/75 in both C1 & C2
I only did like 4 papers though for preparation and they were the early papers. I really want 100UMS in C3 as I NEED the A* in maths.

I have worked my way through the book and did pretty much every question in it. Should I go hard on papers now or do it steadily and read up on C4 instead as before we broke up we have completed. Chapter 1, 2, 3 and 3/4 of Chapter 6. I havent done any of the exercises for these as I just couldnt be bothered and we had our C3 mocks so I focused on fininsh the book questions for C3 than following the book work in class.

What would be the best way forward. Do past papers for C3 to complete a lot of them or do like 3/4 and finish the C4 exercises before getting back to college?
I would still do a little C3, maybe a paper a day - making sure I understand everything whilst completing C4. There's no point finishing every paper for C3 quickly and then running out and having nothing else to do for the next sixth months and possibly forgetting some of the material. But that's just me
MrJAKEE
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kill3er)
I personally think it's quite a step up from C1 and C2, however its still manageable. I think once you've got your head around C3 differentiation and trig it isn't too bad. You'll be fine.

I would still do a little C3, maybe a paper a day - making sure I understand everything whilst completing C4. There's no point finishing every paper for C3 quickly and then running out and having nothing else to do for the next sixth months and possibly forgetting some of the material. But that's just me
Cheers Kill3er

Posted from TSR Mobile
Senll
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Before starting past/Solomon papers, idiot worth doing review exercise and mixed exercise to get a grip on each topics? Or is that waste of time?

What are elm wood papers exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dilzo999
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Senll)
Before starting past/Solomon papers, idiot worth doing review exercise and mixed exercise to get a grip on each topics? Or is that waste of time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only do them for the topics you don't feel confident with. If not, don't bother.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Senll)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Elmwood Press Parers are practice papers like Solomon Papers (but not as good in my opinion)
larouge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys I have a question that I've been staring at for a while and I'm kinda stuck on soI was wondering if I could get some help on it...

The question is:
Show that d/dx(tanx/1+secx)=1/1+cosx

Thanks in advance
oh btw @kill3er thanks for the date
ThatPerson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by larouge)
Hey guys I have a question that I've been staring at for a while and I'm kinda stuck on soI was wondering if I could get some help on it...

The question is:

Thanks in advance
Start by changing both the numerator and the denominator into sin(x) and cos(x) terms. Then use the quotient rule.
Krollo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by larouge)

The question is:

Thanks in advance
Multiply the top and bottom of the fraction by cosx before differentiating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
iceangel8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi guys! Woooo C3! I'm finding it okay surprisingly but terrified as to what the exam is going to be like from looking at the most recent papers D:
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iceangel8)
Hi guys! Woooo C3! I'm finding it okay surprisingly but terrified as to what the exam is going to be like from looking at the most recent papers D:
This is what I'm most scared of too...I fear they will give us stupid contextual questions and awkward trig expressions. I'm just gonna have to cover the whole specification back to front and do other exam board papers to make sure I fully understand everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dylann)
This is what I'm most scared of too...I fear they will give us stupid contextual questions and awkward trig expressions. I'm just gonna have to cover the whole specification back to front and do other exam board papers to make sure I fully understand everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too, I plan to do some AQA past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Itsmonique)
Me too, I plan to do some AQA past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know which exam board is most similar to edexcel and which is least similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Itsmonique
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dylann)
Do you know which exam board is most similar to edexcel and which is least similar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
From what I've seen AQA is similar, maybe OCR but I'm not entirely sure! My plan is too complete the majority of questions in the textbook, then complete a workbook of exam questions from my teacher. Then I'll do Solomon papers, Elmwood papers and then the actual past papers. For AQA C3 they have some topics from c4 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
tiny hobbit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You could also look at the Edexcel International A level papers here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

The papers for June 2012 and 2013 are just the ones you've seen already, but the January and June 2014 are different. Also look for C3 topic questions on the C34 papers.

I've just noticed that the June 2014 papers need a password, so you'll need to ask your teacher to download them.
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by tiny hobbit)
You could also look at the Edexcel International A level papers here:
http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...Exam-materials

The papers for June 2012 and 2013 are just the ones you've seen already, but the January and June 2014 are different. Also look for C3 topic questions on the C34 papers.

I've just noticed that the June 2014 papers need a password, so you'll need to ask your teacher to download them.
Thanks!
PRSOM
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Kij
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise